Today's the day.... Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2012 1:40:00 PM (view original):
No.  We should have pollsters go door to door until they've taken everyone's vote.   That would make it easy enough and everyone would be counted.  MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

And I'm back from voting.  This was my last post before I walked out the door.

That was insanely difficult.  No wonder people don't want to go to the polls.

11/6/2012 2:06 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2012 2:06:00 PM (view original):
No.  We should have pollsters go door to door until they've taken everyone's vote.   That would make it easy enough and everyone would be counted.  MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Too easy. You obviously don't care about your country's leadership.
11/6/2012 2:13 PM
You forgot about the 3 hours he wasted because he couldn't follow directions.  Give him some credit.
11/6/2012 2:15 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/6/2012 2:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2012 2:06:00 PM (view original):

Too easy. You obviously don't care about your country's leadership.
Did my research before I went to the polls.   Didn't need a computer in front of me, or a child in the background screaming for dinner, to figure out how I wanted to vote.

And they should do away with the straight ticket options.   
11/6/2012 2:18 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/6/2012 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/6/2012 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/6/2012 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Maybe we should put all polling places far from people's homes? Or make everyone go to ONE polling place and wait in a really long line? Or install a maze they have to run through before getting their ballots? Or shoot them with BB guns while they vote? I mean, we can't possible make it easy for someone to vote. God forbid we have a simple and easy process to get ballots turned in.
My designated polling place is far from my house due to a quirk in the geography of my town.  It's also in the opposite direction from where I work.  There is another polling place much closer (and much more convenient), but I cannot vote there.

Shockingly, I still managed to endure a 25-30 minute "detour" from my normal route to work this morning to cast my ballot.  Without complaint!  What a tool I am.
Um ok.

You got a sticker right? Because you definitely deserve a sticker to show how much more you care about your country than the lazies that took advantage of the perfectly reasonable rule allowing anyone to vote by mail.
I did get a sticker.  Here it is:

I love America.
11/6/2012 2:27 PM (edited)
Posted by jvford on 11/6/2012 2:15:00 PM (view original):
You forgot about the 3 hours he wasted because he couldn't follow directions.  Give him some credit.
Oh yeah. He wastes time because he cares. Easy voting is for communists.
11/6/2012 2:23 PM
I wasted time because I didn't throw away an old voter registration card.    Of course, in your world, who needs voter registration cards?   I'm stupid for having one let alone an old one.

I WANT PEOPLE COMING TO MY HOUSE ASKING FOR MY VOTES!!!
11/6/2012 2:34 PM
Mike should get credit for owning up to his stupidity.

Hopefully they gave you an "I'm Stupid" sticker to go along with your "I Voted" sticker.
11/6/2012 2:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2012 2:34:00 PM (view original):
I wasted time because I didn't throw away an old voter registration card.    Of course, in your world, who needs voter registration cards?   I'm stupid for having one let alone an old one.

Or you could just mail your vote it.

11/6/2012 2:36 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/6/2012 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2012 2:34:00 PM (view original):

Or you could just mail your vote it.

**** that noise.  All that writing, stamping and walking to the mail box is too much work.   I want someone to come to me and write down my votes for me.   MAKE THIS **** EASY!!!!
11/6/2012 2:37 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/6/2012 2:36:00 PM (view original):

Hopefully they gave you an "I'm Stupid" sticker to go along with your "I Voted" sticker.

They mocked me at the first place.    Buzzers and flashing lights went off while they poll workers chanted "Dumbass at the wrong place, could have mailed in his vote!!!" over and over.

11/6/2012 2:39 PM
You're right, mail voting is a lot of effort. It's probably more effort than going to your polling place (assuming you can read and go to the correct polling place).
11/6/2012 2:39 PM
No, we really should have people go door to door and record votes.   That way everyone gets to vote.   That's only fair. 
11/6/2012 2:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2012 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/6/2012 2:36:00 PM (view original):

They mocked me at the first place.    Buzzers and flashing lights went off while they poll workers chanted "Dumbass at the wrong place, could have mailed in his vote!!!" over and over.

You didn't do the Carrie thing, did you?

I'm guessing not, it would have been all over CNN.com if you had.
11/6/2012 2:42 PM
BTW, the problem is that I can read.   Had I not bothered to read my old registration card, I'd have gone to the same place I've gone for the last 6 years.  They didn't even need my voter registration card.   DL was plenty.
11/6/2012 2:42 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...12 Next ▸
Today's the day.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.