What really eats me up... Topic

Because his positions on economic and social issues are much, much closer to mine than Mitt Romney's.

And cutting spending to reduce the deficit would have slowed the economy. That's a fact. Romney and the CBO have said so.
11/9/2012 11:27 AM
I put my support behind Obama for his positions on economic issues (much better than Romney) and education (lesser of two evils compared to Romney).

As for social issues, Romney actually more closely matched more of how I feel, but those things were less important to me than the things above, plus I simply didn't trust Romney. He had no way to implement his so-called "five point plan", and he made comments which belie his feelings that many people don't matter to him.

11/9/2012 11:49 AM
Much like your feeling about our military?
11/9/2012 12:14 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/9/2012 11:27:00 AM (view original):
Because his positions on economic and social issues are much, much closer to mine than Mitt Romney's.

And cutting spending to reduce the deficit would have slowed the economy. That's a fact. Romney and the CBO have said so.

So, by reducing the deficit, he slowed the economy?

Why was he re-elected again?

11/9/2012 12:30 PM
I know your brain is too small to figure this out on your own, so...here you go:

The deficit was reduced 3 ways - 1 the stimulus package that we were spending money on in 2009 is, for the most part, gone. 2, the economy improved slightly, increasing tax revenue. 3, the feds did make some cuts, mostly by cutting money to the states, resulting in public employee layoffs, which did slow the economy down.
11/9/2012 12:59 PM
Why did Obama allow them to make cuts and, therefore, slow the economy?    Doesn't he know people are hurting?  Does he not care?
11/9/2012 1:18 PM
He knew he'd be able to do whatever he wanted. There wasn't going to be much of a reelection challenge from the GOP.

And he was right.
11/9/2012 1:29 PM
So he doesn't care about the deficit or the economy?  Nice choice, Amerika.
11/9/2012 1:32 PM
I guess not.
11/9/2012 1:33 PM
Much like your feeling about our military?
I haven't even explained much about my feeling on the military. I made a single comment which was largely misinterpreted, and that comment had nothing to do with whether or not Romney cares about the middle and lower classes (in fact, those are two very different topics).

Some of my feelings on the military, since you seem interested:

1. I don't want think about what is going on with the military at all. I simply don't have the time or the ability to concern myself with it. All it would do is make me worry about things I cannot control, which would only serve to cause stress I don't need.

2. I think many people in America worship military and veterans too much. There are too many holidays for it (ironically, "veterans day" is coming up on the calender), too many celebrations of our achievements, and too many people wanting to thank you just for being a part of it all when you were just doing your job the same as anyone does theirs.
11/9/2012 1:33 PM
That's obviously why Obama became president. To ruin America.

Then he could go back to Kenya a hero.
11/9/2012 1:34 PM
Well, if nothing else, he's doing a good job of it.
11/9/2012 1:41 PM
Obviously he's destroying America. That's why he was elected again.
11/9/2012 2:05 PM

Amerikans, not the brightest bulb in the box.   But they do like free ****. 

11/9/2012 2:30 PM
I just hope Ron Paul gets the GOP nomination in 2016. That guarantees a Democrat victory.
11/9/2012 3:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...34 Next ▸
What really eats me up... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.