PIT GOP: CLOSED FOR RETAHD REPAIRS Topic

I FOUND IT!! I FOUND IT!! I FOUND IT!!

I'm not sure what the original thread was, but I quoted self-proclaimed conservative willgibson's *****-slapping of swamp in the thread below. So much for the idea that only liberals think swamp is an idiot. A THING OF BEAUTY!!

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=438227&page=3

My post quoting will starts with blue font. You're welcome, Pit. Enjoy.
11/19/2012 9:07 PM
Just in case NCL, here it is:

For those who haven't seen it, here is the exchange between swamp and will, from a discussion on the NFL labor situation:

Posted by willgibson on 3/15/2011 7:37:00 PM:
Posted by swamphawk22 on 3/15/2011 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by willgibson on 3/15/2011 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 3/15/2011 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by willgibson on 3/15/2011 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 3/15/2011 12:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by willgibson on 3/14/2011 10:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 3/14/2011 7:59:00 PM (view original):
Prices went up when players wanted higher salaries. There was no great increase when players salaries were controlled.
You ignorance of very basic economic concepts for a self-proclaimed conservative is appalling. Jesus wept.
I am pointing out very basic concepts. We all pay for the salaries. As the salaries went up so did ticket prices. Sports changed from a family pastime to a luxury.
Are you a free-market conservative or a babbling idiot? You claim to be one and sound like the other.

And it is kind of funny, in a surreal sort of way. I've been on these boards for four or so years and I still can't decide if your handle is actually a very clever parody of a Dittohead or whatever Rush's followers call themselves these days. Because it is still hard to me to believe a voting-age adult in the United States could be as completely and consistently clueless as you are on any one of a number of subjects. And be utterly shameless about parading your ignorance, too.
I want free market. None of the sports leagues are free market. They are monpolys. And like all forces opposed to free markets they work poorly.

People like you who need to run a little commercial knocking me crack me up! To hear all of you I am the greatest threat to free speech ever. In reality I am the loyal opposition. I present a different way of looking at common water cooler issues.
I don't think you are a threat to free speech; I do think you are an idiot. I made that pretty clear but, no, it's not surprising that you failed to grasp that. I also see you've conflated the concept of "loyal opposition" with "court jester" as well. One advances plausible policy alternatives to the government of the day. The other doesn't.
I never want to make this about me, but Republicans have to start standing up to personal attacks from the left. We can no longer take the high ground and must be drawn into these petty arguments.

I understand exactly what your goal is. To dismiss an opponent you choose not to engage in open debate through personal attacks. You are not being subtle or clever.

This is what happens to Conservatives who choose to speak out for our beliefs. We are called names. We are either stupid, crazy or evil. Look at the garbage that was heaped on Governor Walker in Wisconsin. After winning in a big way, the left painted him as evil and corrupt.

My knowledge of the issues is comparable to anyone here. What bothers you is I come to a different conclusion than you.

I will continue to stand loud and proud for conservative values and will never let anyone of your petty attacks chase me away!

So go ahead call me stupid, claim I am a liar and try to stop me from spreading the truth from a Conservative view point....You are going to fail big time!

Sweet Jesus, stop. I'm ******* myself laughing! You are not a conservative. I don't even think you understand what that means. It's like you have a conversion experience while you listened to Glen Beck. lol

I am a conversative who doesn't suffer fools gladly. Particularly jabbering idiots who clog up message boards with largely incorrect and pointless posts and then whine about being persecuted. Grow a pair.

I've worked on conservative political campaigns. My current job is in public relations for a major oil company so I regularly joust with the mainstream media, NGOs and regulators. I get called all sorts of vile stuff all the time -- some people have e-mailed to tell they hope I get to watch my kids die of cancer -- and guess what? I don't give a ****. I certainly don't whine, cast myself as a martyr and invoke the spirit of some dumbassed governor in Wisconsin whose decided to pick a destructive fight with the unions in his state.

So I don't have much use for braying Beck-wannabe Eeyores who claim to represent a "conservative" point of view, especially when they don't have their facts straight.

Here's the problem with your "facts", swamp. Owners set ticket prices. They also sign players. They do neither under duress (assuming Plaxico Burress doesn't pull out his .45 at the negotiating table). They have control their labour costs in a way that would be the envy of most industries. If an owner thinks a player is demanding too much money, guess what? Don't sign him. But they are spineless pukes and invariably cave after feeling a little pressure from the media and fans. Because these cowardly ******* do this all the time, they want to try to get a collective bargaining agreement to impose fiscal restraint on themselves through their union. These retards are going to get gutted like flounders on the filleting table.

Working in an industry where you actually have to compete to earn a living and face daily scrutiny from the media, government, regulators, NGOs and the gasoline-buying public, I have absolutely zero sympathy for these halfwits.

I could go on but it would be pointless to try to teach very basic stuff -- hell, my 11-year-old son knows some of this stuff -- to somebody who has displayed a stubborn learning disability. Pearls before swine and all that. I still remember how you conflated debt and deficits a few years back when you were touting Rudy for 2008.

Put down that cross, swamp. I don't mock you because you are a conservative. You are an idiot and not even a remotely useful one.
11/19/2012 9:11 PM
PWND
11/19/2012 9:23 PM
11/19/2012 9:33 PM
Dats da most beautiful thing I ever read.
11/19/2012 9:45 PM
That is a simple disagreement over a oddball topic (major league sports).

There is usually some conflict between people who stand on values and people who want to win elections. We all stand on different sides on different days.

Hillary and Obama fought when they were running, and no one would deny that they are both hard core left wingers.
11/19/2012 11:20 PM
Oh, and also, he rags on you for being an idiot.

It's like you ignored 90% of what he said.
11/20/2012 12:01 AM
11/20/2012 12:09 AM
11/21/2012 8:04 PM

It isnt hard to find Conservatives attacking each other.

The left is more of walking in lockstep kind of people. Obama got a lot of votes from people who didnt think he is doing a good job. They just voted the party line.

Since my social views go to the center more I am sometimes tagged as a RINO.

The voting block of the Conservatives is not only diverse, but very aggressive in their values.

That doesnt mean that Gingrich is so differernt than say Boehner. Or that Bachmann is a lot different than Rand Paul.

We fight over the details, but are the same in the big picture...Constitutional Limited Republic.

11/21/2012 8:06 PM
11/21/2012 8:22 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 11/21/2012 8:06:00 PM (view original):

The left is more of walking in lockstep kind of people. Obama got a lot of votes from people who didnt think he is doing a good job. They just voted the party line.

The voting block of the Conservatives is not only diverse, but very aggressive in their values.

That doesnt mean that Gingrich is so differernt than say Boehner. Or that Bachmann is a lot different than Rand Paul.

We fight over the details, but are the same in the big picture...Constitutional Limited Republic.

Swamp, I'm going start redlining you if you continue to pretend that this is a respectful disagreement among conservatives, revealing how nuanced their thought is. This is a conservative who considers you a total ******* idiot and makes no bones about it. You refuse to acknowledge this because it undercuts your whole people-only-call-me-stupid-because-I'm-a-conservative bullshit victim narrative.
11/21/2012 9:31 PM
Posted by slowmoe on 11/21/2012 8:22:00 PM (view original):
11/21/2012 9:32 PM
11/21/2012 9:42 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 11/21/2012 8:06:00 PM (view original):

We were debating football contracts.

This isnt exactly the Lincoln Douglas debates.
11/22/2012 12:44 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12 Next ▸
PIT GOP: CLOSED FOR RETAHD REPAIRS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.