I hope I am wrong Topic

I wasn't 4 years ago where the state of this country will be in, but here is my expectations for the next 4 years.

$6/gal for gasoline.  This will hinder the economy from recovering.

The continuation and acceleration of jobs going overseas.  Companies will not be continuing to pay the highest tax rates on Earth and Obamacare Tax on their USA employees as well.

Still have no budget in Washington like the past 4 years.  Borrowing will go on and on and we will be over $22 trillion owed on the debt. 

60,000,000+ on food stamps. That will be 20% of the population.

The official unemployment will not change 8%, however work-age eligible people who will fall out of the job market will be over 20%.

Iran will have nuclear capability and Isreal will do something about it, since they are now unhinged by the Obama WH wanting to be allies with the terrorists.

I really hope I am wrong about the last one.

11/7/2012 9:17 AM (edited)
exaggerate much?
11/7/2012 9:08 AM
We will see, but I basically outlined where we would be today and I was right. 

"This will hinder the economy from recovery."  Wow, that is clear.

I hope I am wrong.

11/7/2012 9:17 AM
I don't have a deep enough understanding of the issues to dispute or agree with your predictions.

I imagine, however, that an election of Romney would have continued to widen the gap between the wall street class and the middle-class-on-the-brink-of-poverty class.  Not to mention how ****** anyone attempting to get help paying for college/job training.

Can you list a similar set of "what I expect 4 years from now" hypotheticals if Romney had won?  I'm curious what big picture things you would see in that scenario.
11/8/2012 9:46 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Iran will have nuclear capability and Isreal will do something about it, since they are now unhinged by the Obama WH wanting to be allies with the terrorists.

Why do you, or if anyone else wants to answer, think that we should protect Israel in the Middle East?  They are just as much the aggressors in the region as the media wants us to believe Iran is.  If we and our allies are allowed to develop nuclear weapons, why can't our enemies be allowed to develop those as a deterrent?  After all, even if Iran does have the capability to create nuclear weapons, what is the chance they will have the delivery systems to threaten Israel?
11/8/2012 10:33 AM
Get off the crazy ledge raucous.  
11/8/2012 10:36 AM
Quote post by Jiml60 on 11/8/2012 10:33:00 AM:
Iran will have nuclear capability and Israel will do something about it, since they are now unhinged by the Obama WH wanting to be allies with the terrorists.

Why do you, or if anyone else wants to answer, think that we should protect Israel in the Middle East?  They are just as much the aggressors in the region as the media wants us to believe Iran is.  If we and our allies are allowed to develop nuclear weapons, why can't our enemies be allowed to develop those as a deterrent?  After all, even if Iran does have the capability to create nuclear weapons, what is the chance they will have the delivery systems to threaten Israel?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh how little you know and understand.

The delivery system is actually the easy part, believe it or not.  Iran has had aid from China, Russia, and North Korea for about a decade (less than that for N. Korea - only about 5 yrs now).  The only hang up with the delivery system is the, OB-TC and relay (On board Targeting Computer and relay).  This Will come specifically from Russia or China.  $ will make it happen.... Oh wait, it has.  Iran has a delivery system capable of 2000 miles at this point (it is approx 1100 to 1200 miles from Israel).  However, Iran has yet to purchase a Global OB-TC, nor do they have satellite relay for it.

As to WHY you don't allow them?...  They have nothing to deter from, for one.  There is no threat against them.  However, there is a threat from them.
If some one said "If I had a gun, I would kill as many people as I could."  Would you hand them a gun?
The Shaw, Ayatollah, and others have stated, dictated, and preached as much.  They want to wipe out Israel.  So we say what?  Here's a nuke?  No.

Point out all of your points on how Israel is the "aggressor" so I can set you straight.  Having actually served, been in and/or around the region (and now that I'm out), communicate with (still) friends whom remain, I can speak to the subject.

[Side note]
Like all problems, you have to trace it to it's root.  This is not a Repub/Dem problem.  Where we are today with the Middle East, stems from "trade".  Trade is the "root".  AND, America has a LOT of blame on it's hands.   BUT, one does not justify another.
11/8/2012 12:24 PM
I'd tell you to grow up,but...
11/8/2012 12:39 PM
Ah.. now I see.  You should have posted our bet, so I knew what you were speaking of crusty.
Most of your posts are so childish, it is often difficult to see when you actually make a valid point.

GOOD BYE for 1 year
11/8/2012 12:43 PM
Posted by jiml60 on 11/8/2012 10:33:00 AM (view original):

I am more concerned that without the US holding Israel back, we will find out that they have nukes as they use them on Iran.
11/8/2012 1:47 PM

Welch Allyn

Welch Allyn, a company that manufactures medical diagnostic equipment in central New York, announced in September that they would be laying off 275 employees, or roughly 10% of their workforce over the next three years.  One of the major reasons discussed for the layoffs was a proactive response to the Medical Device Tax mandated by the new healthcare law.

Dana Holding Corp.

As recently as a week ago, a global auto parts manufacturing company in Ohio known as Dana Holding Corp., warned their employees of potential layoffs, citing "$24 million over the next six years in additional U.S. health care expenses".  After laying off several white collar staffers, company insiders have hinted at more to come.  The company will have to cover the additional $24 million cost somehow, which will likely equate to numerous cuts in their current workforce of 25,500 worldwide.  

Stryker

One of the biggest medical device manufacturers in the world, Stryker will close their facility in Orchard Park, New York, eliminating 96 jobs in December.  Worse, they plan on countering the medical device tax in Obamacare by slashing 5% of their global workforce - an estimated 1,170 positions.

Boston Scientific

In October of 2009, Boston Scientific CEO Ray Elliott, warned that proposed taxes in the health care reform bill could "lead to significant job losses" for his company.  Nearly two years later, Elliott announced that the company would be cutting anywhere between 1,200 and 1,400 jobs, while simultaneously shifting investments and workers overseas - to China.

Medtronic

In March of 2010, medical device maker Medtronic warned that Obamacare taxes could result in a reduction of precisely 1,000 jobs.  That plan became reality when the company cut 500 positions over the summer, with another 500 set for the end of 2013.  

Others

A short list of other companies facing future layoffs at the hands of Obamacare:

• Smith & Nephew - 770 layoffs
  • Abbott Labs - 700 layoffs
  • Covidien - 595 layoffs
  • Kinetic Concepts - 427 layoffs
  • St. Jude Medical - 300 layoffs
  • Hill Rom - 200 layoffs

Darden Restaurants

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Darden Restaurants, a casual dining chain best known for their Red Lobster, Olive Garden and LongHorn Steakhouse restaurants, is "experimenting with limiting the hours of some of its workers to avoid health care requirements under the Affordable Care Act when they take effect in 2014".

JANCOA Janitorial Services

The CEO of JANCOA, Mary Miller, testified to Congress that Obamacare was a "dream killer", adding that one option she had to consider "is reducing the majority of my team members to part-time employment in order to reduce the amount that I will be penalized."

Kroger

The American retailer in Cincinnati, Ohio recently was reported to be planning a significant slashing of their hourly workers.  

According to the source, Obamacare could result in tens of thousands of Kroger employees being limited to working 28 hours per week.

11/9/2012 12:16 PM
1|2|3...11 Next ▸
I hope I am wrong Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.