I hope I am wrong Topic

Wendy’s Franchisee Owner Blames ‘Obamacare’ For Cutting Back

Employees’ Hours

January 9, 2013 9:42 AM

OMAHA, Neb. (CBSDC) — Hundreds of Wendy’s workers are seeing their hours cut back because of President Barack Obama’s health care law.

WOWT-TV reports that nearly 300 employees at 11 Wendy’s locations in the Omaha area will have their hours reduced to 28 hours a week because the franchise owner says he can’t afford to pay his employees health care.

“It has a huge effect on me and pretty much everybody that I work with,” employee T.J. Growbeck told the station. “I’m hoping that I can get some sort of promotion because then I would get my hours, but everybody is shooting for that because of the hours being cut.”

Gary Burdette, vice president of operations for the local franchise, told WOWT-TV that he can’t afford to keep the fast-food restaurants open if he has to pay for his employees’ health care.

The president’s Affordable Health Care Act requires businesses to pay health care for employees that work more than 32 hours a week.

The Supreme Court ruled the health care law was constitutional last summer during a contentious debate.

Follow WNEW on Twitter.

1/10/2013 12:09 PM
Is this the proof that Obamacare is a total failure?
1/10/2013 12:31 PM
Posted by antoncresten on 11/9/2012 6:25:00 PM (view original):
INCREASE WIND, SOLAR, DUMBASS

COAL IS PASSE', LIKE TEABAGGERS+ REPUGS
Shocking that a dumbass is pushing the most inefficient forms of energy production.
1/10/2013 1:30 PM
The objective of Ocare is for businesses to drop health coverage.  That will cause outrage and a call for national healthcare, which is O's and the Dem's true objective.  Because waiting for procedures, not being allowed to have procedures, and rationing of care is a good thing.  Just ask a Dem.
1/10/2013 1:32 PM
Actually ask the entire rest of the 1st world what they think of universal health care (like us Canadians and all of Europe).  You people dont know how bad you have it until you see a real system in place like all the rest of us.  There is a reason 90% of the best cities to live in are in Europe or Canada, its because we actually care for each other, if the poorest of us gets sick they get fixed up without a bill.  I mean thats one of many many reasons why our cities are in that prestigious list and hardly any American cities are.  The sooner you all realize this the sooner you will be better off.
1/10/2013 1:42 PM
Hey Baker, how is it that America spends more per capita on healthcare then all of the other 1st world countries and yet its the only one that doesnt have universal health care?  Sounds pretty bass-ackwards to me...  Ok, its not really the only 1st world country to not have Universal healthcare Switzerland is basically privatized too, but the citizens spend out of pocket $1650 compared to Americans' $3795.  Its not even a comparison, you guys spend 17.4% of your GDP on healthcare Swiss spend 11.6.  Another huge difference.  If I had to choose between Switzerland and the USA, the Swiss win hands down.  And every other developed country is better yet.
1/10/2013 2:01 PM (edited)
Posted by jclarkbaker on 1/10/2013 1:32:00 PM (view original):
The objective of Ocare is for businesses to drop health coverage.  That will cause outrage and a call for national healthcare, which is O's and the Dem's true objective.  Because waiting for procedures, not being allowed to have procedures, and rationing of care is a good thing.  Just ask a Dem.
"rationing of care"

I facepalmed. How do you think private insurance works? I'll see your "rationing of care" and raise you a profit motive. I turn over a Royal Denial of Coverage. Yay!!

Dumbass.
1/10/2013 1:52 PM
lets see, Bakers' supposed rationing of care (Ive never heard of such a thing in Canada) but lets give that to him or the US's very real problem of people being denied care because of "pre-existing conditions" I think I will take the fictitious rationing of care.
1/10/2013 2:04 PM
I wonder if Baker has EVER lived in any country outside of the States?  he seems to be an expert on how our universal health care systems work... Heck I wonder if he has ever spent any more then 1 month at a time outside of the States...  Before passing yourself off as an expert on how crappy our healthcare systems are Baker, try living in Canada or England for a year, then you MIGHT have the authority to speak about how crappy it is.
1/10/2013 2:07 PM
So if America has the highest cost without universal care what would happen if we had it?

Wouldnt costs soar out of control?
1/10/2013 2:33 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 1/10/2013 2:07:00 PM (view original):
I wonder if Baker has EVER lived in any country outside of the States?  he seems to be an expert on how our universal health care systems work... Heck I wonder if he has ever spent any more then 1 month at a time outside of the States...  Before passing yourself off as an expert on how crappy our healthcare systems are Baker, try living in Canada or England for a year, then you MIGHT have the authority to speak about how crappy it is.
What will Canadians do when they can't come here to get major surgery done?  Canada and the UK already limits how many can be done in a year and if you are not on the list until 2015, at least you can come here. 

Those times are coming to a close.

1/10/2013 2:48 PM
But Obamacare is doing exactly what I said.  It is a tax on the poor.  People are not willing to pay $15 for a Wendy's hamburger, so he has to cut hours to stay in business. 

Now instead of the poorer guy saying he works at Wendy's, he says he works at Wendy's, McDonalds, and Burger King just so he can get 40 hours a week. 

Thanks Obama and Pelosi!  More people heading for food stamps!

1/10/2013 2:58 PM (edited)
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/10/2013 2:33:00 PM (view original):
So if America has the highest cost without universal care what would happen if we had it?

Wouldnt costs soar out of control?
You seem to think that universal health care costs more.  Ive just shown you that universal health care throughout the entire rest of the developed world is cheaper.  Why is that?  Obviously because you dont have multiple levels of corporations making a profit.  When most of the process is government ran profit isnt a consideration.  All they care about is making it run as smoothly as they can.  Which isnt their strong suit, but its a heck of a lot better then the profit first problem you guys have down there.  If this isnt intuitive I dont know what is?
1/10/2013 4:46 PM
Posted by raucous on 1/10/2013 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by greeny9 on 1/10/2013 2:07:00 PM (view original):
What will Canadians do when they can't come here to get major surgery done?  Canada and the UK already limits how many can be done in a year and if you are not on the list until 2015, at least you can come here. 

Those times are coming to a close.

Why wouldnt they still be able to do that?  In America if you have the money you can have anything done in record time right.  Why would that change?  What limit are you guys talking about?  Show me an article by a real non-partisan organization that proves there is this limit.  I will tell what limit there is.  Its called a budget, each ministry up here in Canada has a limited amount of funds that they get per year, each ministry decides the most efficient way to spend those funds to best meet their goals.  Same as in the States.

The major difference is budgets are easier to expand in the states because many things are privately run like the healthcare system, so they can make more money by charging people for anything and everything.  Up here they dont charge us for any and everything, really only drugs.  And some provinces subsidize even that.  Of course some things arent covered like dental, glasses and some other elective things.  Our system isnt perfect, but its way better then what you Americans have.... But Rauc, I thought you are Canadian?

1/10/2013 4:55 PM
However, in the US, the government has not had any say on the budget of anyone's personal health care... until now. 

I am from the USA, even if I have (ugh) French-Canadian and Canadian Indian blood in me. 

1/10/2013 5:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...11 Next ▸
I hope I am wrong Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.