Posted by MikeT23 on 11/20/2012 1:16:00 PM (view original):
Pretty sure you have that wrong.  While it's not an endless supply of money, you have to decide what the best way to spend it on Day 1 or take a penalty.   If I have 130m for players, coaches and prospects, I can change what I'm doing over and over again thus covering for my poor decisions on Day 1 and beyond.
What I think you're missing is we don't know the best way to spend it on Day 1. We don't have a lot of information we'll get later on FAs, Coaching, Int FAs, players available for trade, etc. So we guess.  Yes, there's some strategy. But it's mostly guessing.

What I know you don't get is that not everyone can log in every day. One of my worlds filled & started during 2 day period where I wasn't able to change my budget. So now my team is in worse shape for seasons to come, as I'll have to lose money to spend it as I'd like to.  I understand you never face a day you can't long into WIS, so I don't expect you to understand this or think it's something that should be changed.

Another improvement would be to allow budgets to be set any time between rollover & the schedule starting. A topic for a different tread. I've given up on WIS doing anything to improve HBD.

11/20/2012 3:03 PM

I think you should be able to form a plan.   Like "I need a SP and a 3B".   Maybe you can't say "I need Johnny Ace and Jimmy Power3B" but you shouldn't be able to determine who'll you'll get anyway.    You should be able to say "I'll be a player in IFA this year" or "I'm making a run and spending my money on FA".   In fact, with scouting limits -/+ of 4m each season, you almost HAVE to make that decision on Day 1.

Log in every day or not, you're not making drastic changes to your budgeting anyway.  Only a complete dumbass puts 20m in IFA and 20m in HS scouting then decides they're going after FA so they put 6m in prospects the next season leaving 16/16.   Amateur players aren't a single season proposition.    Goes back to +/- 4m. 

I don't really care if one can budget at rollover.  Fine by me.  

Also, if you could read before starting your tirade, you'd know I said I have no problem pooling coaches, payroll and prospects as long as their is a floor to protect people from their own dumbassery.

11/20/2012 3:31 PM
Posted by fhop0123 on 11/19/2012 9:09:00 PM (view original):

I think the 50% penalty is a good thing, but why only have it for a minimum of $2 million?  I have $1.273 million left over after signing all my coaches.  Why shouldn't I be able to transfer the excess to Prospects or Salaries?

This would be nice.  I'd rather have 50% of my left over coaching money to use elsewhere than let it sit unused.  Even if it's only a couple of hundred thousand. 
11/21/2012 9:57 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.