Over 100,000 games simmed Topic

I look at some of those numbers and am just in awe. I have been on the sight for 8 years and "only" have 18333 games played over 109 seasons. I dont know how some people can maintain all those teams - or even not get burned out with so much WIS. I do think I am in a unique position in the fact that I have never had to pay for a team. When I started, I ran 5-6 free teams with different promo codes found in the back alleys of the deep web then got really lucky and won the WS. Then got astronomically lucky and won the TOC with that team. I don't remember who all was on the team, I think I had a few Rickey Hendersons and Lou Boudreau at SS, but the team wasn't great. I learned a bit more, won some more TOC's and racked up a total of 263,000 reward points over the years - good for about 175 seasons. My interest and teams entered waned with no new updates but I am hoping the dynamic pricing and a progressive I joined will help bring back some interest for me.
2/25/2016 6:56 PM
Posted by profcake on 2/25/2016 6:56:00 PM (view original):
I look at some of those numbers and am just in awe. I have been on the sight for 8 years and "only" have 18333 games played over 109 seasons. I dont know how some people can maintain all those teams - or even not get burned out with so much WIS. I do think I am in a unique position in the fact that I have never had to pay for a team. When I started, I ran 5-6 free teams with different promo codes found in the back alleys of the deep web then got really lucky and won the WS. Then got astronomically lucky and won the TOC with that team. I don't remember who all was on the team, I think I had a few Rickey Hendersons and Lou Boudreau at SS, but the team wasn't great. I learned a bit more, won some more TOC's and racked up a total of 263,000 reward points over the years - good for about 175 seasons. My interest and teams entered waned with no new updates but I am hoping the dynamic pricing and a progressive I joined will help bring back some interest for me.
Wow, 8 TOC wins in 19 appearances is an incredible ratio.
2/25/2016 7:00 PM
Thanks ozomatli. I think 4-5 of those TOC teams were progressive champs and went 0-3 most likely. If anyone is really interested in winning a TOC, I gave an explanation of my strategy in this post. It got to a point where I gave every open league team I entered around a 30% chance of winning the TOC. I think that even with the dynamic pricing, it would still work to an extent.
2/25/2016 7:43 PM
I remember when dennisdee and specs had over 70 active teams most of the time. Last time I checked, specs had about 40 going...

It was not uncommon to have 4-5 drafts going at the same time,,,

Specs is now over 580k games simmed. ..3500+ seasons.
2/25/2016 8:33 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'm up to 213,447 total as of today. Being on the site just over 12 years = 17,787 games a year. I really need a life...

2/28/2016 12:01 PM
boogerlips is over 90,000 games simmed but has disappeared, and just4me was at 99,200 roughly and also is now gone to real life or something.
2/28/2016 3:35 PM
◂ Prev 123
Over 100,000 games simmed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.