Most Championships all HD worlds Topic

Posted by coach_billyg on 11/12/2012 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 11/12/2012 12:39:00 PM (view original):
I have 5 under this ID in 239 seasons and 11 total across three ID's.
whats the third?
I'll keep you in suspense for awhile.
11/12/2012 2:21 PM
Posted by spasticity on 11/12/2012 2:20:00 PM (view original):
If you add together spasticity and killbatman, I have 10 titles in 153 HD seasons. 

I think I'm an "old guy" since I've been here since 2005, but the total seasons look like a "new guy" without playing the 2-a-day worlds or having more than a few teams at a time.  I also only play in D3 currently, so there's plenty of people I never cross paths with.

Also I've been way more successful in the new engine (i.e. potential) than the old, whatever that means.

oh damn, you are killbatman too? very impressive. i can't believe how many 10+ title coaches are cropping up. it used to be that everybody had heard of anyone who even got close to 10 titles. in this thread alone, ive found out about a few new ones and a **** ton of 5+ guys, that i had no idea won so many. its kind of a shame, IMO, that people dont talk about this stuff much. when i was a new coach, the coolest thing to me was to hear about rails and OR pulling off their great runs, it really motivated me to know the engine was deterministic enough to do such a thing, and that there were coaches THAT GOOD out there. but its not just the best runs of all time that interested me, i liked hearing about people pulling back to back titles, or a coach getting to 5 championships, its just interesting to see what people are accomplishing. i havent accomplished anything in so long, although mostly for lack of trying, but that doesnt mean i would like to hear about all you guys and the cool **** you do. i think people are afraid to mention some of these things because they dont want to gloat or come off arrogant, but i wish there was a way to get around that and still hear about it. for all the "hey look at this team i lost to, who i should have crushed, although i wrote them off ahead of time and employed a horrible strategy for the opponent" threads, i could sure use some "hey look theres a coach at kansas, i forget which world, but that crazy SOB just pulled off a record setting 7 straight final fours in d1 (which also ties the all time record)". or "Hey look at this program, this coach just won their 4th title in 15 seasons". i like to see those. its nice to know there are still people kicking *** out there. and its a hell of a lot more interesting than the "look at what happened" threads on the forums today. that is why i originally wrote the program to compute HDs longest streaks (most consecutive NT appearances, stuff like that) and the dynasty lists, so people could look and see what the top programs and accomplishments were, and then go look at those teams to see it. but man, i am just so bad at keeping them up to date...

11/12/2012 3:20 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 11/12/2012 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by coach_billyg on 11/12/2012 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 11/12/2012 12:39:00 PM (view original):
I have 5 under this ID in 239 seasons and 11 total across three ID's.
whats the third?
I'll keep you in suspense for awhile.
have i played/interacted with you on that id? like, is it possible i image that ID as a separate person, and now the two of you will need to be reconciled as one, like a hideous cyborg? ;) or you think its an ID foreign to me (i.e. you havent played it in tark)
11/12/2012 3:21 PM
I've got ten combined titles between this and my chovy24 ID.
11/12/2012 5:07 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 11/12/2012 12:33:00 PM (view original):
tis sad to look at this list and know all these coaches who are not on merely for not being active. id put those guys up, there arent THAT many, but they won their championships in a time when winning a bunch was a lot less common, so i only think its fair to include them, guys like oldave and porkpower, would love to see the old guard up there until the new guys rightfully knock them off by winning more championships :)
I would not mind putting them up if there is a way to look them up. I could put an asterisk by them.
11/12/2012 6:47 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 11/12/2012 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Easiest way to look to see if a coach is still around is go to sitemail, contacts, put in the username, search, click on name to add to your contact list, then click on name to see their coach profile.

Zhawks has 7 titles and still has 4 teams.
Clone77 has 5 and has 4 active teams
Thanks - I will work on this later tonight when I get home. I am hoping that as of tomorrow morning I will move up from 5 to 6. Playing in the championship at West Georgia tonight.
11/12/2012 6:55 PM
tis sad to look at this list and know all these coaches who are not on merely for not being active. id put those guys up, there arent THAT many, but they won their championships in a time when winning a bunch was a lot less common, so i only think its fair to include them, guys like oldave and porkpower, would love to see the old guard up there until the new guys rightfully knock them off by winning more championships :)
olddave only had 4 when I checked.
11/12/2012 9:43 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 11/12/2012 1:35:00 PM (view original):
oh yeah, i had even been thinking of kelby, but i could find him and forgot to throw him it.

damn, there are REALLY a lot of coaches with 10+ titles now. there were 3 for the longest time, actually 4 with combalt, now there are at least a dozen or so. i would have to guess clone777 or whatever has 5+ too, but maybe hes retired. what about fussyd? he won like 5 or so just at one school, no idea how many he has in all, and he is still active, right? i think hes still got a few schools. if we are adding historical, id definitely throw bing and his 5-6 on the list, considering the impact bingball had on the HD community, eventually resulting in a change to the sim engine code to "fix" it. 

I looked up bing, but all of his data is gone, except for the name.
11/12/2012 9:58 PM
I'm hoping you can add me tomorrow, chapel. Playing for my 5th tonight.  :)
11/12/2012 10:49 PM
On the contrary, I think when press was an absolute monster was the time that it was easier to rack up a bunch of titles. The out-of-control fcp era produced most of the really ridiculous HD runs.

(If you mean there were fewer guys with lots of championships because there were simply a lot less seasons played at that point, well, sure. I just mean the act of winning a bunch was easier then because of the fcp beast.)
11/12/2012 11:23 PM
chapel, I also think it would be fun to note how many different teams each person's titles came with (i.e. did someone win 10 titles with WConn State, or did they win two apiece at five different schools).
11/12/2012 11:25 PM
Has anyone won one at every level in a world?
11/13/2012 12:04 AM
majresorter has 8 titles that I can see
11/13/2012 12:19 AM
If someone has the time and access to all worlds, couldn't we get the list of all-time titles by going to the coach records tab and all-time titles for the world?  Unfortunately I don't have that kind of free-time.  It wouldn't account for an alias, but would give a comprehensive list.
11/13/2012 12:24 AM
Posted by paynebrow on 11/13/2012 12:04:00 AM (view original):
Has anyone won one at every level in a world?
yeah i would bet a lot of coaches have, but i honestly dont know who would have for sure. i won in all division in tark though, so at least someone has. i was actually trying for a while to win all 3 tark titles in the same season, with 1 team per division, but i only really had time for my d1 and d2 teams, so i was half assing my d3 team. still, one season i had 2 champs and a 2nd round (4 games away from winning all 3), and twice i got all 3 teams to the final four (actually, back to back seasons), but in both cases, we had 1 champ, 1 runner up, and 1 final four (3 games out from winning all 3, both times). so i never got there, but it was close enough to doing it in 1 season that i have to imagine a lot of coaches have done it over many seasons. 
11/13/2012 2:56 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...15 Next ▸
Most Championships all HD worlds Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.