You know gin.. its not what people have been discussing here but I would love a progressive where we blacklisted everyone in the NCIH 52 mil draft from our initial draft. That way we would have no clones in the league.. and would use guys that we don't use all the time. 

But then we distribute draft classes as I outlined above.
12/8/2012 11:53 AM
I like it. Seems a little extreme though, I agree with ash about using players that I like. Sure, there will be someone guys that are rarely drafted that I like... but still. Maybe the first 3 rounds
The big problem I see with it is that it encourages losing the first few years to get good players... or winning and then dropping out.
I'll probably join any of the ideas if it seems like a self-substaining league with good owners that will make an investment of my time worth it.
12/8/2012 1:17 PM
I personally liked Josh idea of gift cards being contributed to the league, though if anything I'd want that to be used in the event of anyone dropping out instead of for owners who win. The incentive being that if nobody drops out then the pool remains large and can be distributed to the top owners after the duration of the progressive or a set time period.
12/8/2012 1:21 PM
I would go further than he did and require 10$ gcs. Sometimes, in hockey anyway, you can get ADMIN to match prize money.
12/8/2012 3:55 PM
I still like the dd and at least one clone.  But I'm on an island with that one.  obviuosly I'm in no matter what. 
Blacklisting all those elite players seems extreme.  Perhaps we can use the N.Y. lottery and list 100 or so elite players.
The top 24 lottery players are available for the draft  and the rest are reserved for next seasons lottery.  Call it Elite Lottery.
12/8/2012 7:14 PM
The player pool means very little to me.. Double draft.. single draft.. single blacklist draft.. all have their good points.

What I like is the stuff evil liked
52 mil cap
start players in 1,2,3 season

And my idea or any other idea to make drafts interesting and useful from year to year.
12/8/2012 9:55 PM
Posted by xxevilivexx on 12/8/2012 8:57:00 AM (view original):
Well for starters, there will definitely be a hard cap of 52 Mil

You can start a player at year 1, 2 or 3 upon drafting them.

Those two rules are set in stone.

I need to work 9-5, but tonight the officials will be put in place.
Did you decide on the other rules? (trades, clones, double draft, etc)
12/10/2012 8:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.