Leaving WIS for Greydog Topic

Bowl bound can get boring and NCAA 13 has way more issues than this. Not many choices for a college football fan.
11/16/2012 2:03 PM
ncaa would be a lot cooler if there were a coach mode in which you just call the plays.
11/17/2012 7:17 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Good luck to you, Coach Deen... my $10.95 is being spent elsewhere
11/17/2012 9:14 AM
Posted by coach_deen on 11/17/2012 8:11:00 AM (view original):
I think a lot of GD coaches are spoiled, plain and simple. I've played just about every sports SIM out there, college & pro, and as far as I'm concerned GD is the best. To say we shouldn't pay for an inferior product is nuts. Inferior to what? In you mean inferior to perfection you're right. GD isn't perfect, it could be better an I believe, without a doubt, that it will be better after the next update is completed. Until then I'll continue to play...and pay for...the #1 SIM college football game on the net.
inferior to HD and inferior to HBD and worst of all inferior to the GD product they had 2 years ago. I didn't even like the old engine that much. Wasn't any fun seeing a guy with 12OL, 8 RB and 2 WR throw the ball 6 times in a season and go undefeated but it was better than the garbage they have now where the results are way too unpredictable.
11/17/2012 9:38 AM
Posted by coach_deen on 11/17/2012 8:11:00 AM (view original):
I think a lot of GD coaches are spoiled, plain and simple. I've played just about every sports SIM out there, college & pro, and as far as I'm concerned GD is the best. To say we shouldn't pay for an inferior product is nuts. Inferior to what? In you mean inferior to perfection you're right. GD isn't perfect, it could be better an I believe, without a doubt, that it will be better after the next update is completed. Until then I'll continue to play...and pay for...the #1 SIM college football game on the net.
I'm with you on this coach-deen .    
11/17/2012 5:12 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The resentment was not directed at any 1 or 2 people but that the game allowed anyone to win passing less in a season than most teams did in a half. Meaning nobody no matter how good they were at the game should have been able to win on a consistent basis by doing that. It was not the fault of the users but rather a weakness of the game that could be exploited. Even though I did not like that version and was very excited that an update was being done it was still better than this.
11/17/2012 6:16 PM
Posted by crickett13 on 11/17/2012 6:16:00 PM (view original):
The resentment was not directed at any 1 or 2 people but that the game allowed anyone to win passing less in a season than most teams did in a half. Meaning nobody no matter how good they were at the game should have been able to win on a consistent basis by doing that. It was not the fault of the users but rather a weakness of the game that could be exploited. Even though I did not like that version and was very excited that an update was being done it was still better than this.
It wasn't that the game "allowed" someone to win nelson's way.  There were hundreds and hundreds of users, all of whom could theoretically followed nelson's path.  nelson won NCs consistently while others who tried to copy his strategy didn't.  It was nelson's ability to recruit, his understanding of the game, that made his teams juggernauts. Suggesting his success was the exploitation of a flaw in the game is nonsense.    
11/17/2012 8:45 PM
Posted by ozzzball19 on 11/16/2012 9:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 11/15/2012 8:53:00 PM (view original):
I play GD (GDCFL and WWCF) however, I am not very good in either world with either team... a lot of options though and the logic seems to make more sense... most of the time
I play both and am not good either.  Give it a try and see what you think.  Its just the one time charge for the software. 
The problem with the bowl bound software as far as I can tell is that it is not MAC compatible. I don't want to take a step back to a PC to run it. Maybe I am wrong about the MAC option if I am please let me know. But it did look good.
11/18/2012 8:37 AM
Posted by bjaygee on 11/17/2012 8:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crickett13 on 11/17/2012 6:16:00 PM (view original):
It wasn't that the game "allowed" someone to win nelson's way.  There were hundreds and hundreds of users, all of whom could theoretically followed nelson's path.  nelson won NCs consistently while others who tried to copy his strategy didn't.  It was nelson's ability to recruit, his understanding of the game, that made his teams juggernauts. Suggesting his success was the exploitation of a flaw in the game is nonsense.    
OK you are again missing my point.

1) I never mentioned Nelson.
2) Lots of other users won by not passing not just Nelson
3) There were users who won with a more balanced approach
4) (and this is the point) No sport simulation game should be so deeply flawed that you can use an extremely unbalanced approach and win. Nelson and the other top users would have won even if this flaw in the game did not exist.
11/18/2012 9:02 AM
The rating system is wrong imop. We see teams playing for a N.C. with better clubs playing in lower bowls. Late season wins mean no more than early season wins. Head to head w/l lacks proper reflection in standings. Road losses count against a team more than neutral field. I just recently failed to play in a N.C. even though my team which was 3* beat 1* by 19 points in the conference championship game. Our only loss by 3 on the road to the now top rated club early in the season.Does that reflect real life ? No not even close.

I sent in a ticket but frankly I did not come away with the feeling anything in the near future will be done. GP issues and sub issues have been talked about for some time. The basic ranking of teams has not been talked about to any great degree yet is a major issue.One that could be addressed sooner rather than later. 
11/18/2012 9:08 AM
In every ranking system there is controversy. In real life there is always questionable results once you dissect each individual team's results. And there always complaints from the teams that ended lower than they think they should have. I really don't think there is a problem. If your team would have ended up to your satisfaction, someone else would be bit*hing. 
11/18/2012 11:32 AM
Posted by osgonlz on 11/18/2012 11:32:00 AM (view original):
In every ranking system there is controversy. In real life there is always questionable results once you dissect each individual team's results. And there always complaints from the teams that ended lower than they think they should have. I really don't think there is a problem. If your team would have ended up to your satisfaction, someone else would be bit*hing. 
The idea is to reflect real life and fact is head to head late season contest do mean more than early season w-l or over all point spreads.
11/18/2012 12:14 PM
Posted by monkei on 11/18/2012 8:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ozzzball19 on 11/16/2012 9:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 11/15/2012 8:53:00 PM (view original):
I play GD (GDCFL and WWCF) however, I am not very good in either world with either team... a lot of options though and the logic seems to make more sense... most of the time
I play both and am not good either.  Give it a try and see what you think.  Its just the one time charge for the software. 
The problem with the bowl bound software as far as I can tell is that it is not MAC compatible. I don't want to take a step back to a PC to run it. Maybe I am wrong about the MAC option if I am please let me know. But it did look good.
Pretty sure you are correct monkei, it is NOT MAC compatible.
11/18/2012 5:02 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Leaving WIS for Greydog Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.