Bryant - Season 85 (DIII) Topic

Awesome! Looking forward to it!     

12/1/2012 5:56 PM
Polls for best player by position (except OL) are live in a separate thread. Please vote only over there, and post your comments here.
The results will be used to compile the Season 85 Awards and All-American Team, which will be posted on the third post of this thread's main page.
More polls will be out in the next couple of days after the CC games are simulated.
12/2/2012 12:02 PM
I'd like to say a big thanks to all of the coaches who participated in the final coaches poll for this season! Elkhour, Superv97, Bucki22, Cin_Ben, and Genuvar all took the time to send me their top 25, I couldn't have done this without them. Now, for the results of the Final BCP of the '85 season:

1. Concordia (WI) (4)
2. Ferrum (2)
3. Wisconsin-Platteville
4. Huntingdon
5. Gettysburg
6. Austin
6. Trinity (TX)
8. St. Olaf
9. Wisconsin-Stout
10. California Lutheran
11. MIT
12. Linfield
13. Mount Union
14. Whittier
15. Loras
16. Menlo
17. Merchant Marine
18. Macalester
19. Waynesburg
20. Greenville
21. King's
22. Howard Payne
23. Oberlin
24. South-Sewanee
25. Guilford

Others receiving votes: Susquehanna, Curry, New Jersey, East Texas Baptist, Colorado College and Wilmington (OH)

12/3/2012 12:53 PM (edited)
Thanks bisoneer for the coaches polls, and thanks again for your help in the best player by position vote suggestions.
The rest of the polls (best game, best conference, biggest upset, best coach, NC prediction) are out in the other thread. Go vote guys!
Playoff previews & predictions will be out shortly after the brackets are released.
Award winners and All-American Team will be nominated on 12/7, so you still have 4 days to vote!
12/3/2012 2:56 PM
Playoff Previews & Predictions are LIVE!
12/3/2012 4:36 PM
GREAT job, elk.
12/3/2012 5:27 PM
From my initial playoff preview post:
"i will go (7) Menlo vs. (2) Huntingdon as upset alert. I still don't think it's gonna happen, Menlo hasn't faced anyone nearly as good as Huntingdon on defense this year, and I think Paul Lewis might end up throwing more INT than TD in that game, but who knows. If Menlo does pull off this upset, they can pretty much beat anyone and win the whole thing."

This is actually funny, because I wrote the preview before I noticed something later. After taking a closer look, I realized that Menlo and Huntingdon have actually met already this season, that Huntingdon won 22-19, and Paul Lewis had 2 TD and 5 INT in that game...
Didn't know that at the time where I wrote the preview, but I still think Paul Lewis can turn the tables around anywhere, anytime. That's what Matthew Hubbard did for Concordia (WI) 2 seasons ago.
GL to superv and dscv tomorrow, this is definitely the biggest game of Round 1.

12/3/2012 5:40 PM
Thanks warrior, glad to see that the thread is having a lot of success. And again thanks for everyone who's contributing:
bisoneer for the "real" coaches polls, and for his suggestions of best players by position
and everyone else who is taking the time to contribute on the voting thread (we have an average of 15 voters per poll already!)
12/3/2012 5:44 PM
Awesome job again guys.  GL tonight dscv....we have had a lot of very good games spanning over a number of seasons.  Hopefully I can shut down your O again.
12/3/2012 7:12 PM
Excited to see the game play out! I think Huntingdon can make the NC again.      
12/3/2012 8:16 PM
okay  very little time but been a while since anyone really involved in picking playoffs  first off south looks by far the weakest bracket  so take your pick there  will go linfield for no reason    bugeaters have best team and will win it all          huntington can throw so can win if don't have 3-5 turnover game  they will win their bracket    concordia will probably win their bracket   but don't expect bugeaters to lose unless in final four

us  well we have stunk in this world   but we are not gonna go quietly  it will be elk or us getting out of that bracket

for all fairly new  enjoy elks while it lasts  never seen anyone put in this time  not even close
again  they should pay him as it would add more interest to game
12/3/2012 9:18 PM
First time I've visited here. This is a fantastic contribution. Thank you elk!
12/4/2012 3:14 PM
Voting is now closed, and the Bryant DIII Season 85 Awards & All-American Teams are up!

MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HAS TAKEN THE TIME TO CONTRIBUTE IN THIS AND VOTED! THIS WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU GUYS!

For some polls, we had as many as 30 voters!!! (although most of them voted to say that my predictions suck ). This season, we had 76 human coaches in DIII, and seeing 30 votes out of 76 coaches is something even I wasn't expecting when I first had the idea of doing this. This means the thread is really gaining popularity, and adding enjoyment to the game for nearly half of the DIII coaches in Bryant. 

Jump in to the beginning of this thread to have a look at the awards!
12/7/2012 4:35 AM
Regarding Season 86, unfortunately I won't be able to contribute as much. I am getting married on Dec 27, and will basically be away with very limited internet access pretty much from Dec 15 until Jan 5, too bad for recruiting since my vision should be pretty much near the top now :(
However, don't worry guys because I'm not alone here. We are currently working something out to keep the thread going for Season 86, and you will have more details shortly. Hope to see you all back next season!
12/7/2012 4:38 AM
I think some precongratulations are in order. Here's to the soon to be bride and groom. Have a great wedding.... and honeymoon ;) lol.
12/7/2012 1:46 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Bryant - Season 85 (DIII) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.