OT - Maryland & Rutgers to Big Ten? Topic

As a Mich State & Rutgers alum I can say I personally don't like this. It is a good move for R & M in terms of money and exposure. And a good move for the Big Ten in terms of more exposure here on the East Coast. But from a football spectator's perspective it stinks. R&M will have a tough, tough time competing against OSU, PSU, U-M, Neb. Though, I can't wait for that thrilling Maryland - Minnesota clash. Awesome.
11/20/2012 5:26 PM
11/20/2012 7:02 PM
Posted by kev959 on 11/20/2012 5:26:00 PM (view original):
As a Mich State & Rutgers alum I can say I personally don't like this. It is a good move for R & M in terms of money and exposure. And a good move for the Big Ten in terms of more exposure here on the East Coast. But from a football spectator's perspective it stinks. R&M will have a tough, tough time competing against OSU, PSU, U-M, Neb. Though, I can't wait for that thrilling Maryland - Minnesota clash. Awesome.
The Gophers are gonna kick yer ***.
11/20/2012 9:37 PM
Posted by cravedogg on 11/18/2012 7:17:00 PM (view original):
Louisville would of been a much better add for the Big10.  Louisville has a better football and basketball program than both Rutgers and Maryland combined and at the end of the day these are the only two sports that even matter.  I believe Louisville is the #1 revenue school in the country for basketball.  As much as I can't stand UofL the Big10 would of gotten a lot more value out of adding UofL to the Big10 than Maryland or Rutgers.
Have you seen Louisville's academic reputation and ranking?  That won't fly in the Big10.
11/29/2012 1:07 AM
I'd like to see the Big10 go after Kansas and N Carolina.

Not great football histories at all but the MBB programs in the conference would be awesome.

11/30/2012 2:19 PM
◂ Prev 12
OT - Maryland & Rutgers to Big Ten? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.