Update on the update: 11/19 Topic

That's your fault -- not WIS's, not Norbert's, and certainly not Gt_Deuce's.

11/20/2012 8:08 PM
To crickett13, mal and the others who are skeptical or worse regarding the update and post here to get their feelings out. I agree that if you pay to play, you have the right to post whatever you feel as long as it is mostly respectful to those who are respectful to you. BUT....

What I request would be that you start a new thread - with whatever topic title you want. Some of us, gullible and sheepish as we may be, are looking forward to the beta test, the (hopefully) improved update, and what ever info Norbert has for us.

Please start your own threads to "discuss" your opinions, don't hi-jack a thread. It would be appreciated. Thank you.
11/20/2012 8:11 PM
If the beta is released and actually functions properly in less than 4 seasons from now I will donate $100 to the charity of norberts choice.
11/20/2012 8:25 PM
Have any of you thought about the fact that maybe your attitude is slowing the update down? Think about it. If you were in Norberts shoes, and had to read some of the comments he has to read, would you take a chance on Beta testing until you felt like everything was 99% ready? Then again, if he knew that the vast majority would be patient with the Beta and actually try to help the update along instead of just ******** to be ******** he just might role it out much sooner. Truth is most of the players that are ******** the loudest are more than likely the ones causing this entire process to take longer than it should, so PLEASE, give it a break!
11/20/2012 11:48 PM
Posted by coach_deen on 11/20/2012 11:48:00 PM (view original):
Have any of you thought about the fact that maybe your attitude is slowing the update down? Think about it. If you were in Norberts shoes, and had to read some of the comments he has to read, would you take a chance on Beta testing until you felt like everything was 99% ready? Then again, if he knew that the vast majority would be patient with the Beta and actually try to help the update along instead of just ******** to be ******** he just might role it out much sooner. Truth is most of the players that are ******** the loudest are more than likely the ones causing this entire process to take longer than it should, so PLEASE, give it a break!
It's coming up quickly on a year. Please don't blame that on anyone ********. WIS has had more then ample time to get a update released.
11/21/2012 7:29 AM
Norbert didn't start on the release until the summer.  He was looking for input well before that but he was working on other projects at the time.  We have been waiting for this update for a long time, like since v2 was pushed out.  But if he were truly motivated solely by the reaction of the forum community, I suspect he would have given up a long time ago.  You guys are poison.  Who knows how many people you have run off.  Then again, who knows how many have left because this engine is so poor.  I suspect more for the latter than the former.
11/21/2012 8:14 AM (edited)
yeah because saying something inflamitory like

So we can expect the update in a year.

Which is what I posted that was removed is just such a poisonous thing to say. Frankly it was childish of Norbert to remove that and I called him out on it. Not sorry and not apologizing for it. I am, as a paying customer, not willing to play the Shiny Happy people game when the site staff removes posts like that.
11/21/2012 8:22 AM
Posted by crickett13 on 11/20/2012 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gt_deuce on 11/20/2012 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Here are some things to consider:

1. If you think norbert sucks, leave.
2. If you think we're being lied to, leave.
3. If you can't wait 3-4 cycles, leave.
4. If you think it's going to be longer than 3-4 cycles and you can't wait that long, leave.
5. If you think Fox/WIS sucks, leave.
6. If you don't like the idea of how the beta is going to be run, leave.
7. If you think that GD 3.0 will suck when it's released and not be quickly patched/fixed, leave.

Otherwise, STFU. The rest of us are tired of having meaningful update threads turned into flame wars and *****-fests. It's exhausting trying sift through the mountains of garbage to unearth the relatively few posts of substance.
Here is something for you to consider.Norberts last miscalculation on when the beta would be ready cost me 45 bucks so.........

STFU I can say what I want Sheeple
And I think you pretty much just said it...you continued to pay as an unsatisfied customer not knowing precisely when the update would be done, ready and playable.   Speaks volumes.   Definitely Norberts fault for holding you down at the ATM and making you enter your PIN to extract money for the GD machine to keep running.  And most definitely GT's fault for pointing out directly to "YOU" that it's much easier to just leave the game and be miserable than to keep paying and playing to be miserable.   Certainly one of those moments that requires name calling as I'm sure this post will!     
11/21/2012 8:31 AM
Posted by norbert on 11/20/2012 11:00:00 AM (view original):
Just to keep expectations reasonable, we have some time before beta will launch and beta will probably take almost 2 months to make sure things are running well, so I don't think the update will be pushed live for at least 3 GD seasons.  So I would count on playing the next 3 seasons under the current engine.  Plus when we push out the update, you'll have to wait for the season to roll over to move to the new engine, so possibly up to the next 4 seasons.
thanks Norbert.  This item is important, just so we know what we are recruiting for.  As it gets closer to real launch, many of us will (potentially) start recruiting for the new engine....vs the current one.  
11/21/2012 9:06 AM
Posted by cydrych on 11/20/2012 8:08:00 PM (view original):

That's your fault -- not WIS's, not Norbert's, and certainly not Gt_Deuce's.

+1.  If I spend money, I can be ****** off if I don't like what I did...but I have to be ****** off at myself for making the decision.  I have not seen any evidence of Norbert or anyone else intentionally misleading anyone into spending money.....so all responsibility rests with the person making the choice to spend.....the individual user.  
11/21/2012 9:19 AM

4. If you think it's going to be longer than 3-4 cycles and you can't wait that long, leave.
7. If you think that GD 3.0 will suck when it's released and not be quickly patched/fixed, leave.

Otherwise, STFU. The rest of us are tired of having meaningful update threads turned into flame wars and *****-fests. It's exhausting trying sift through the mountains of garbage to unearth the relatively few posts of substance.
Thanks gt.  I thought I would make my once every 6 months venture into the forums...because I am that bored, and found some info on the upcoming changes. Nice. By page two I sit here p/o'd that I got sucked into another opinionated "flame war."

1. thanks for the update info NORBERT.
2. I fully expect change, in change, and have bought a new 10pk with the expectation the game will continue.
3. IBstrummin <---- likes the game, and the friends in it; but I can not stand...

*gets off soap box, and takes GT's advice for the forums in general....  Send me sitemail please for pertinant info/updates/changes.
11/21/2012 9:24 AM
Posted by jt3 on 11/21/2012 8:31:00 AM (view original):

Here is something for you to consider.Norberts last miscalculation on when the beta would be ready cost me 45 bucks so.........

And I think you pretty much just said it...you continued to pay as an unsatisfied customer not knowing precisely when the update would be done, ready and playable.   Speaks volumes.   Definitely Norberts fault for holding you down at the ATM and making you enter your PIN to extract money for the GD machine to keep running.  And most definitely GT's fault for pointing out directly to "YOU" that it's much easier to just leave the game and be miserable than to keep paying and playing to be miserable.   Certainly one of those moments that requires name calling as I'm sure this post will!     
Wow so I am to blame for supporting Norbert when he said the Update was coming. I had not played for a year, read that closely I had left the game I was unsatisfied with, but when Norber, again, NORBERT posted that the Beta WOULD BE READY, not might be ready but, WOULD BE READY, it was wrong iof me to publicly state that I was buying a 4 pack to show my support for his efforts

Your lack of knowing what the situation was, which you could have seen by simply looking at my profile, before you posted slamming me for continuing to play a game I was unsatisfied with speaks volumes about you and the loudest thing it says it you should be ignored.

As far as name calling I think gt was the first to resort to it when he told people like me we should STFU. Guess actually reading the post i quoted was too much trouble for you.
11/21/2012 9:25 AM
And one more thing....for business reasons.....IF this is actually the last chance for GD....would you not take your time and ensure you have it right?  If it is "right", then it will be a huge money maker and therefore a huge success....rushing to get a product out that is your last chance on life does not make sense.

Also, for Norbert, I am personally completely OK with getting a beta product that has some obvious flaws.  I'm smart enough to understand that and to give you proper feedback to improve the overall project.  As such, I'm willing to sign a release that says I'll only give you feedback on the product...and not bit$$$ and whine about the flaws I find.  The whole objective is to identify the flaws, figure out why they exist, suggest solutions for fix, and then implement best fix.

The whiners and complainers are making this entire process more difficult than it needs to be on the ENTIRE user group.
11/21/2012 9:30 AM
Posted by crickett13 on 11/21/2012 9:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jt3 on 11/21/2012 8:31:00 AM (view original):

Wow so I am to blame for supporting Norbert when he said the Update was coming. I had not played for a year, read that closely I had left the game I was unsatisfied with, but when Norber, again, NORBERT posted that the Beta WOULD BE READY, not might be ready but, WOULD BE READY, it was wrong iof me to publicly state that I was buying a 4 pack to show my support for his efforts

Your lack of knowing what the situation was, which you could have seen by simply looking at my profile, before you posted slamming me for continuing to play a game I was unsatisfied with speaks volumes about you and the loudest thing it says it you should be ignored.

As far as name calling I think gt was the first to resort to it when he told people like me we should STFU. Guess actually reading the post i quoted was too much trouble for you.
Love the idea of pot/kettle when it comes to reading posts.    That's great and all that you decided to pay upfront for an old version based on WOULD BE READY BETA.  I commend you as I was not willing to do that.  Props!    I stand corrected I guess but I think my post is still on point.  Sorry.  And still to be on point, GT did not call or label you as anything.   That was a pretty generic post I would assume meant for a lot of people in general.  Again I would like to commend you for something though as you are pretty good at "reading between the lines" !  Go you!  I don't mind being ignored if that's what you chose to do.  It's not about ME! Much !
11/21/2012 9:42 AM
Posted by cydrych on 11/21/2012 8:14:00 AM (view original):
Norbert didn't start on the release until the summer.  He was looking for input well before that but he was working on other projects at the time.  We have been waiting for this update for a long time, like since v2 was pushed out.  But if he were truly motivated solely by the reaction of the forum community, I suspect he would have given up a long time ago.  You guys are poison.  Who knows how many people you have run off.  Then again, who knows how many have left because this engine is so poor.  I suspect more for the latter than the former.
1/25/2012 11:14 AM

norbert

I won't be working on the update quite yet, but I wanted to get the discussion started.  We've basically been cleared for a few months of development for GD and it is going to focus on the Simulation Engine and Game Plans.  For the engine, I'd like to concentrate on adding more cause and effect as well as adding to the output of the game.  For game plans, I'd like to add more control on setting how your team plays and remove as much of the random play selection as possible, even if it means rebuilding how we set game plans altogether.

When it gets closer to the time when I can work on these things, I'll post with more info.  I'd really like to hear more ideas on game plans.  I know #1 add passing distribution, #2 add passing distribution, so let's start on #3 on down.  There are a couple things I'd like to shoot for with game plans.  They shouldn't require a billion options to set, and there should be simple settings that everyone can set quickly and advanced settings that people can tweak a little more only if they choose.

One avenue of game plan setting on offense I've been throwing around is a way to focus on plays and setting up options on each play and the conditions in which they are used, rather than looking at each situation (down and distance) and setting random formation and style selections.  How this would work without violating the "don't set a billion options" rules, I don't know.  Which is why I'm tossing the discussion out here.

I also think we can separate how you play the game from the plays you use.  For instance, I'd like to be able to set something that says I want to be a passing team, or a rushing team, or open the game with passing and then work on rushing when passing starts being less successful.  I think this would allow the coaches to really set up passing or rushing playbooks without hoping it just randomly comes out that way.

So please feel free to express any ideas you have or provide any concerns you have about setting up your game plans.  Don't try to confine ideas to the current settings.  At this point, work will probably begin around March with a few months of development and I'm planning on having around a month of beta testing on the update.

I realize this could lead to some big posts, so please try to keep them on topic.

See the date of the post and his words highlighted and underlined! It will be  well over a year since this started. Again, more then enough time to get the job done. 
11/21/2012 1:00 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Update on the update: 11/19 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.