Media Bias Poll Topic

Posted by swamphawk22 on 11/27/2012 4:06:00 PM (view original):
OK...Lets be real.

I can admit sometimes Fox News and Conservative talk can jump on Obama more than is fair based on the incident.

Can the left admit anything?

The race card is played too much?
Conservatives are portrayed as extreme more than liberals are?
Palin got screwed...even a little?

Anyone...Amnything?
Palin got screwed?

She converted an ineffective 2 and half year stint as Governor of one of the least populated states into a Vice Presidential nomination, a book deal, a reality show, and permanent talking head status on Fox News.

That's what you consider screwed???
11/27/2012 4:39 PM
I beleive he meant by the media and the left.    And if anyone says "No", they're full of ****. 

Was she qualified?   No.
Should she have been a VP candidate?  No.
Was she dragged thru the mud and then tarred and feathered for these things?  Yes.
11/27/2012 4:59 PM
An unqualified and inexperienced person nominated for 2nd highest political post in the country was exposed as the unqualified and inexperienced candidate she was. That's the media's JOB.
11/27/2012 5:03 PM
There's a difference between exposing and harrassment.   How the **** does her daughter's pregnancy have ANYTHING to do with Palin's ability to be VP?
11/27/2012 5:08 PM
Do you have specific examples? I can't remember any actual harassment by the mainstream media over the pregnancy.
11/27/2012 5:29 PM
Of course you don't.   It was on the ******* news(you pick the station) every night for 6 months.  

Nonetheless, you apparently heard about it from some non-mainstream media.    So, I'll ask again, how the **** does her daughter's pregnancy have ANYTHING to do with Palin's ability to be VP?
11/27/2012 5:36 PM
The 17 year old daughter of the VP candidate getting pregnant is news. I'm asking for examples of harassment.
11/27/2012 5:48 PM
If you think I'm going to dig up a 5 year old article in order to say "SEE?!?!??!", you're ****** in the head.  

So, I'll ask again, how the **** does her daughter's pregnancy have ANYTHING to do with Palin's ability to be VP?
11/27/2012 5:50 PM
Keep asking. The story was newsworthy. Reporting it isn't harassment.
11/27/2012 5:53 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought.   Proceed to arguing with swamp again about pre-election polls. 

You two are kindred spirits on the opposite ends of the spectrum.

11/27/2012 5:55 PM
So...in summary, Palin didn't get screwed by the media.
11/27/2012 6:00 PM
Of course she didn't. swampluck22.   An article from this year about a movie made 2 years ago which was 2 years after her failed VP bid.   

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/12/nicolle-wallace-game-change-sarah-palin-_n_1338729.html?flv=1

But I assume Huffington is not mainstream.
11/27/2012 6:13 PM
That's what you consider harassment???

A short post on the Huffpost Politics blog about comments a former senior campaign advisor made on a Sunday news show? The comments were made the day before the article was written.
11/27/2012 6:22 PM
Four years after the fact?   WTF else is it?

The problem the left, and the left-leaning media, have with Palin is that she's still popular amongst certain, non-consequential, right groups.   So they simply keep pounding on her, I guess, because they can.    She's an easy target to say "See?  That's what's wrong with Republicans!!"   For the most part, she's a less educated Obama.   Plenty of style, little substance. 
11/27/2012 6:31 PM
A movie was made about Palin that Palin's people called fiction.

On March 11th 2012, the senior campaign advisor went on a Sunday news show and said the movie was "true enough." On the same day John McCain talked about the movie.

On March 12th, 2012 Huffpost writes a post, mentions both interviews, talks about how the advisor doesn't get along with Palin, shows a slideshow of other political movies, and ends with a statement from Palin's website.

Suuuuuuuucccch a screwjob.
11/27/2012 6:41 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸
Media Bias Poll Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.