Media bias poll... Topic

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=461948

It is in the non-sports forum.

I think I did a good job of making it a fair poll so please vote.
11/25/2012 10:39 PM
"I think I did a good job of making it a fair poll"

HAHA!!! Of course you do!

Three "liberal bias" choices, one "conservative bias" choice.

Only you.
11/25/2012 11:36 PM
Vote in my polls, too. They are totally biased, the context even more than the actual wording, but I wouldn't pretend otherwise.

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=461419&Page=3
11/25/2012 11:40 PM
Posted by genghisxcon on 11/25/2012 11:36:00 PM (view original):
"I think I did a good job of making it a fair poll"

HAHA!!! Of course you do!

Three "liberal bias" choices, one "conservative bias" choice.

Only you.

1 Actually if I were going to fix the poll I would put 3 conservative bias lines and one liberal bias to make the position of the liberals seem weaker.

2 I did 3 liberal lines because I wanted all the people who believe in a liberal bias to show how deep they thought it was.

3 And since the "Corproate Media" position is one used by mostly liebrals it is should be included in the Con bias side.

So you can apologize now or look more biased than little old me.

11/26/2012 3:46 AM
swamp's explanation is:
Votes: 19
(Last vote received: 11/29/2012 11:56 PM)
11/26/2012 11:41 AM
You clearly are either ignorant of how to slant a poll or just bashing me because in fact my argument was perfectly reasoned.

This is part of what I am talking aobut when I point out that I am not stupid or crazy, it is just the left wingers on the board!

11/26/2012 12:18 PM
No, I'm well aware of how to slant a poll, and well aware that you're doing it.

First of all, you're probably going to argue that you are splitting the vote with the first three choices. But that doesn't matter since you'll group them together in the end.
Second, why mention Obama (as the starting point of biased media) at all? Why not Bush? Trying to attract a certain type of vote there?
Third, what's the distinction between "corporate" and "dollars and cents" is murky at best.

Terribly flawed reasoning, terribly designed poll.
11/26/2012 12:33 PM
A poll on bias is unbiased? Is that even possible?
11/26/2012 12:45 PM
It is possible I should have done 2 polls, one asking if bias exists and one asking for its origins.

I split the liberal bias poll because that is what I wanted to know. It doesnt help my cause, but if I combine it will not hurt me.

And there are people that have told me that since Obam got in there has been a change in the media, mostly people who think he is attacked more but some on the other side.

Corporate is more of a conspiracy thing. Dollars and cents doesnt have a side, just making money.

And if you cannot see that splitting the liberal side hurts my position you might want to look into a statistics class at your local Community College.

11/26/2012 12:52 PM
It doesn't matter if you recombine at the end.

I'll make another poll as an example.
11/26/2012 1:04 PM

Is swamp a dumbass?

Votes: 14
(Last vote received: 11/29/2012 7:15 PM)
11/26/2012 1:09 PM

The first nine responses will split the vote in your favor. However, in the end, they will all be a variation of "yes," and be consided as such. Pluswise, they are designed to appeal to anyone who wants to ridicule you.

11/26/2012 1:13 PM
Dammit, I should have offered another choice:

Yes, I feel ashamed to be a member of the same party.
11/26/2012 1:15 PM
I vote for 1 through 9.
11/26/2012 1:20 PM
I should have given you:

Yes, I feel ashamed to live in the same state.
11/26/2012 1:21 PM
123 Next ▸
Media bias poll... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.