Build a team for your park Topic

Of course it can.  It's not brain science. 
11/27/2012 3:08 PM
I've had a fair bit of success in Portland by overvaluing contact and batting eye (led league in walks and few K's four seasons running, was a few K's too high five seasons ago or it would be five).

In terms of pitching I have found putting together four #2/#3 starter types works well. 78 overall types.
12/3/2012 2:58 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 11/26/2012 10:28:00 AM (view original):
You'll get varying answers.  But my thoughts are A) Get pitchers that throw strikes - since it's harder to get a hit, don't make it easier for your opponent to get on base. And B) If you can get basestealers, that's a plus.  Since it's harder to score runs, make it easier by getting guys who can move around the basepaths.
I would tend to think the opposite way as far as having control pitchers.  Since you're getting outs from the ballpark, I would be OK with a few guys with lower than optimal control.  I'd certainly want good splits and pitches, but I'm guessing I could sign a couple pitchers like this for reasonable money since most owners place a premium on the control rating.
12/3/2012 12:25 PM
◂ Prev 123
Build a team for your park Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.