I play uptempo all the time and the reason is fouls and foul shooting.  I think most of you have it right and if you do play this way, you do want your IQ's to be high.  I am also usually near the top in FT pct so you need to recruit decent FT shooters.
12/13/2012 2:15 PM
Posted by girt25 on 12/3/2012 7:04:00 AM (view original):
I don't think that running slowdown negatively impacts your offensive efficiency.
i think it does, but it is extremely slight, on the order of 2% fg. that has long been my opinion - ive done absolutely nothing to pay attention to it since i won all my titles. back then, i felt like it was a small, small hit. but not 0. it SHOULD be more - i agree with the OP. but to the question, are there more passes? no. there are no passes in HD. so its always 0. the shooter, just starts with the ball.

slowdown on the whole, if you play it enough i think you'll see it, has VERY small impacts EVERYWHERE, except on number of possessions. but in evenly matched games, slowdown is a disadvantage, its easiest to see it there. i think its the equivalent of a point or two a game. so if you are significantly behind, go that route. and plenty of top teams have had weak benches, and been more efficient with slowdown - getting their starters more time, with them being less tired - can easily over come the slight efficiency hit. but im pretty confident there is a slight efficiency hit.
12/13/2012 11:04 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.