contact is very important Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Hasn't won a single playoff game but yet he's figured it all out.
11/29/2012 1:46 PM
Some of that make a lot of sense.  Not certain if he played under a different name or is culling information from various sources or if he just spent a lot of time obsessing over his one incomplete season, but whatever.  Some of it is crap, IMO.  GB/FB is pretty darn important to me, for instance.  Also pitch calling is hardly meaningless (I don't rate it as highly as others, but I recognize that I am sacrificing something tangible when I trade PC for offense), and it is an odd statement from someone who spends so much space discussing the virtues of plus defense.  Anyway, interesting.  Kind of random, but whatever.
11/29/2012 4:38 PM
Caracarn.

He pulls this **** all the time.
11/29/2012 5:35 PM
Why?
11/29/2012 7:19 PM
Beyond being a complete jackass, I really don't know.
11/29/2012 7:23 PM
I think he's the

Chupacabra

11/29/2012 8:20 PM
Suprisingly, I agree with most of it.  Well not some of the pitching stuff;  I think Velocity and GB/FB can be important stuff, if they are high enough.  I'm not sure there is much difference between somebody at 65 and somebody at 35, however. Stuff like that.

Go figure.
11/29/2012 10:41 PM
I pretty much disagree with most of this on one of two grounds:

1.) The statement is incorrect.  (Pitch Calling doesn't matter, GB/FB is meaningless, forget speed and velocity, etc etc)

2.) The statement can work in some instances, but certainly won't work in every case.  (Set your budget this way and you WILL be successful, focus on IFA and ignore every other way of aquiring talent....etc etc) 

11/30/2012 12:41 AM
i think there are some good ideas here, regardless whether Silverguenza, Caracarn, the Chupacabra, or Bigfoot posted them.  But the irony is that Silvercarn's one team, Mexico City, has a good record so far.  They are doing well despite having only one pitcher with 5 pitches (4.78 ERA), despite having 4 of his 6 switch-hitters being pitchers, and despite the fact that his most successful pitchers are the high velocity types (with 4 or less pitches).  Finally, the vast majority of successful hitters on that team have an above-average to high Contact rating.  So the team is doing just fine while NOT following much of the advice presented here.  Eh, to each his own.

11/30/2012 2:43 AM
sinvergüenza = adj. roguish, scoundrelly, rascally, knavish; naughty, mischievous
11/30/2012 6:30 AM
HAHAHA!!  He's been on a post-delete binge!!!!
11/30/2012 8:28 AM
Another caracarn trait.
11/30/2012 8:33 AM
12 Next ▸
contact is very important Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.