2013 Hall of Fame Ballot Topic

What a joke.
1/9/2013 2:55 PM
whoever voted for aaron sele should never be allowed to vote again...
1/9/2013 3:19 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/9/2013 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Aaron Sele got a vote. That voter should be stripped of his ballot immediately
haha i see we share this sentiment
1/9/2013 3:20 PM
Shawn Green got TWO.
1/9/2013 3:34 PM
MY BOMBARDMENT OF THE VOTERS WITH THOUSANDS OF E-MAILS,LETTERS+ PHONE CALLS WITH THE "CRESTEN" RULE(NOBODY GETS IN TIL PETER H. ROSE DOES) WAS A COMPLETE SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

HOKA HOKA HEY HEY!

YE CAN FIGHT CITY HALL!
1/9/2013 3:49 PM
GGG DEMANDS IT!!!!!!!!
1/9/2013 4:38 PM
I just listened to a great interview by Casey Stern and Jim Bowden on MLB Network Radio. They talked to Jill Painter of the LA Daily News about her ballot. First off, she said she refused to vote for anyone if there was even a hint of suspicion they used PEDs - I think that's stupid, but she's clearly not alone in that sentiment, so it's fine.

The big focus of the interview was that she left guys like Morris, Raines, Walker, Trammell and Smith off her ballot, but voted for Lofton and Shawn Green. Her justification was Green's contribution to the Mets franchise, saying he was a leader and the 'face of the franchise' while he was there (which is BS). Stern basically told her he'd rather she had just said she voted for Green because she liked him, and Bowden was livid - he was yelling and saying the process needs to be changed and he'd rather Vin Scully have a vote than Jill Painter.

I have to agree. If someone thinks Shawn Green is legitimately a Hall of Famer, I'd severely question their judgment, but that's their opinion. However, to vote for Green, especially for the reasons she gave, then NOT vote for Morris, Raines or Walker is ludicrous. Morris wasn't an ace and the leader of his teams? Raines and Walker didn't have better stats? I'm not saying all those guys should be in, but I don't see how you can vote for a guy like Green and try to justify it while you leave these other guys off your ballot.
1/9/2013 5:44 PM
She also voted for Bernie and Mattingly. It was probably the worst ballot I've ever seen.
1/9/2013 6:21 PM
Yeah, I really have no problem if someone wants to throw a bone to a guy they covered/liked and know won't get in, as long as they don't have 10 other people they would vote for otherwise.  Happens every year for a couple guys,  and it's stupid, but ultimately inconsequential.   Having a voter who actually think Shawn Green is a HOFer... wow.
1/9/2013 6:25 PM
One ballot isn't a big deal.   Not sure why anyone is acting like it is.   Looks like about 570 voted.   Why get your panties wadded up over Aaron Sele or Shawn Green?  If you're not voting 'roiders, there is nowhere near 10 guys who belong in the HOF,
1/9/2013 7:37 PM
I think fans just want their voters to be competent. This particular voter clearly is not, and there are many other voters who did not make their votes public.
1/9/2013 7:42 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/9/2013 7:37:00 PM (view original):
One ballot isn't a big deal.   Not sure why anyone is acting like it is.   Looks like about 570 voted.   Why get your panties wadded up over Aaron Sele or Shawn Green?  If you're not voting 'roiders, there is nowhere near 10 guys who belong in the HOF,
In Painter's case, the issue wasn't with Green specifically - it was that she actually felt Green was a HOFer, but saw no merit in Morris, Walker, Trammell, Raines, etc.

Lofton but not Raines? That makes zero sense. Green, but not Walker? Again, baffling. You can't argue that you know the game and should have a vote when your ballot has those kind of inconsistencies on it.
1/9/2013 7:56 PM
I prefer people putting Green, Lofton, Bernie, Sele rather than the ***** that submit a blank ballot.
1/9/2013 8:15 PM
I'd argue she had a different standard.

Walker, park assisted.   Raines, admitted druggie.

I've argued before that the step from Raines to Lofton to Brett Butler isn't that big anyway.   Who wants Brett Butler anywhere near the HOF?
1/9/2013 8:15 PM
You play the devil's advocate a lot - and I get it, it generates debate.

But surely you can't look at a voter who submits a ballot like that and think he/she is competent.
1/9/2013 8:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...17 Next ▸
2013 Hall of Fame Ballot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.