2013 Hall of Fame Ballot Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Nice try. Nothing was misinterpreted. You said something dumb and now you want it to go away.

You're right, though, this argument was settled a year ago.
12/3/2013 9:36 AM
And why are you arguing then? You really are the king of bringing up **** from literally years ago.

Regarding the additional wins generated by Edgar - defensive metrics hate Bernie, which I don't buy.  I don't think he was GG worthy, but I don't think he was terrible either.  Somewhere in between.
12/3/2013 9:44 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/3/2013 9:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/3/2013 9:36:00 AM (view original):
Nice try. Nothing was misinterpreted. You said something dumb and now you want it to go away.

You're right, though, this argument was settled a year ago.
Seems to me that you misinterpreted his post.

I interpreted it as "both guys produced offensively . . . one of the two also contributed defensively".

You're the one who seemed to misinterpret his post as "they're the same offensive players".
Did they produce equally on offensive? If not, so what? Frank Thomas and Juan Uribe both produced offensively.
12/3/2013 9:53 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/3/2013 9:59:00 AM (view original):
What part of ".300 with 25 HRs" don't you understand?
So he was saying they were equal?
12/3/2013 10:01 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/3/2013 10:19:00 AM (view original):

Are you saying that he was saying they were equal?

What was that about "nothing was misinterpreted"?

You already already admitted that they weren't equal offensively. Don't know why this is still going.
12/3/2013 10:37 AM

It's still going because you insist on getting the last word in, to somehow prove that you're "right".  Much like a bitchy woman might do.

Anyways, it's not about what I said.  It's about what you think Mike was saying.

12/3/2013 10:51 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/3/2013 10:51:00 AM (view original):

It's still going because you insist on getting the last word in, to somehow prove that you're "right".  Much like a bitchy woman might do.

Anyways, it's not about what I said.  It's about what you think Mike was saying.

And I think Mike was saying that they were comparable offensive players. Which is retarded.
12/3/2013 10:53 AM
Maybe he was saying that they both consistently performed above a certain level, i.e. over .300 and 25 HR's?

Is it possible that YOU didn't understand that?
12/3/2013 11:54 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/3/2013 11:54:00 AM (view original):
Maybe he was saying that they both consistently performed above a certain level, i.e. over .300 and 25 HR's?

Is it possible that YOU didn't understand that?
What's the point in saying that?

Would it make sense for someone to say:

Both Bernie Williams and Barry Bonds both constantly hit over .300 with more than 25 home runs. One played a tougher position.

It's true. Using critical thinking, it can be inferred that their offensive production was similar. It's misleading though, because they, like Martinez and Williams, were not comparable offensive players.
12/3/2013 12:03 PM
Doesn't saying that imply "they both hit for average AND power"?  Aren't those good attributes for position players?  Or in this case, a position player and a DH?
12/3/2013 12:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17 Next ▸
2013 Hall of Fame Ballot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.