OT: A Belated Thanksgiving Topic

Today I woke up, looked around, and a nurse walked in, smiled at me, then ushered my family in. My wife was relieved to see me- I was surprised. Where was I? Why was my wife so relieved?

I soon learned I had been in a coma for almost a week. I had even missed my youngest's first word, "No!" After further investigation, I learned some heart wrenching news- I had an enlarged heart, and it nearly killed me. They put me in a coma do that I could live.

The scary thing is I shouldn't be alive. I played football from 1st grade through college at a high level. I had basketball offers as well, and I ran track on again, off again. Many people as active as I am and with the same conditions do not make it out of high school.

So, being the last thing I remember, I just want to say thanks.

I am thankful for a family who loves me.
I am thankful that I get to see my kids grow up
I am thankful that my doctors did everything they could to save my life
I am thankful for the prayers that have been prayed for me
I am thankful for the concern people have expressed for me
I am thankful for friends who have looked after my family while I was unable
I am thankful for friends who expressed their concern through sitemail and email
I am thankful for an online community I can have fun and make such good friends
And lastly, I am thankful for such a good God.

Thanks to everyone for your concern. I should be leaving the hospital soon. And I have one thing to ask, from everyone, no matter your religion (or lack of one):

Give thanks for your family. Give them a hug, and then go on about your day with an appreciation you may have never had before.
12/1/2012 12:09 PM
Glad your well caesari and welcome back. 
12/1/2012 12:24 PM
We been praying for you Jake. I guess even in a cyber world our Father hears us.

Glad you are back.

Now we need to start praying for your recruiting abilities

Well some things not even He can fix

12/1/2012 12:50 PM
Glad to see you are still alive and kicking Caesari!
12/1/2012 12:50 PM
No doubt you had us all worried.  So good to hear you are doing better!
12/1/2012 1:09 PM
If I hadn't felt worried about where you been I would come to Texas and kick your ***, I done had a search out on you to see where you were and may be. Glad you are well and not dead on a roadside ditch. You had me scared for a minute. Get well and I'll take care of our MHB this season.
12/1/2012 1:14 PM
Gino was searching and searching.
Send someone your info that you trust.You have had a horrible 2012 man,and the forum was full of
HAVE YOU HEARD FROM CAESARI?  POSTS.
 But in the end glad you're alive and kickin.
12/1/2012 2:56 PM
Wow, that is scary...glad you are doing well!!
12/1/2012 3:05 PM
Glad you made it through it
12/1/2012 3:13 PM
I just hope your post typing finger is working OK! Glad you're back!
12/1/2012 3:58 PM
Your son's first word was ."no."
Being a parent, I can imagine how that first conversation went when you woke up. Kids wear out a new word as soon as they learn it.
"Son, are you glad to see me?"
"No."
"Son, are you glad I'm alive?"
"No."
"Uhhhh, could you maybe learn another word?"
"No."
"Is 2chair funny?"
"No."
"I love you son"
12/1/2012 4:52 PM
Posted by 2chair on 12/1/2012 4:52:00 PM (view original):
Your son's first word was ."no."
Being a parent, I can imagine how that first conversation went when you woke up. Kids wear out a new word as soon as they learn it.
"Son, are you glad to see me?"
"No."
"Son, are you glad I'm alive?"
"No."
"Uhhhh, could you maybe learn another word?"
"No."
"Is 2chair funny?"
"No."
"I love you son"
So true.
12/1/2012 5:07 PM
Welcome back to the living and stay that way. 
12/1/2012 5:08 PM
Lol appreciate it guys- definitely scared me. Looks like a weekend in the hospital and hopefully out by Tuesday.

And Jibe, please. I got 2 classes in a row in the top 30, I am getting better :P
12/1/2012 6:56 PM
Posted by caesari on 12/1/2012 6:56:00 PM (view original):
Lol appreciate it guys- definitely scared me. Looks like a weekend in the hospital and hopefully out by Tuesday.

And Jibe, please. I got 2 classes in a row in the top 30, I am getting better :P
You will learn from me, just asked jibe I recruited for his Florida team and killed it with some really good players.
12/1/2012 7:07 PM
12 Next ▸
OT: A Belated Thanksgiving Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.