9-3 Louisiana Tech = No Bowl Game Topic

The only game that was left to be played when all of this went down was Army/Navy.
12/8/2012 3:27 PM
I heard the LA_TECH bid was offered the Saturday of conference championship games (dunno what time). That was certainly before the final rankings, which seem to have played a role in it.
12/8/2012 5:03 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 12/8/2012 3:27:00 PM (view original):
The only game that was left to be played when all of this went down was Army/Navy.
Im not saying that it makes a difference in this specific situation... however why doesnt the Army Navy game count for anything?
12/8/2012 5:33 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 12/8/2012 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by AlCheez on 12/8/2012 3:27:00 PM (view original):
Im not saying that it makes a difference in this specific situation... however why doesnt the Army Navy game count for anything?
Well, Navy was already bowl-eligible and Army couldn't become bowl-eligible, so it really doesn't affect things.  Navy's appeal to bowls wouldn't change based on winning or losing this game.   I feel like I remember a year where Navy had to beat Army to be eligible so they had a contingent invite based on them becoming eligible, but I'm not sure about that.
12/8/2012 6:28 PM

Army Navy is always a fun game to watch. I know some people are bored with option but I think its truly fun to watch.

12/8/2012 6:32 PM
I watched a good bit of it and really enjoyed it as well.  Lousy ending though.
12/8/2012 6:35 PM
What was wrong with the ending?
12/9/2012 10:53 AM
It was heading for an awesome ending until Army gave their last chance away on a botched hand-off.  Didn't care who won, but I hated to see it end on a mistake like that, would much rather have seen Army drive in for the win, or Navy make the stop or actually force a turnover.
12/9/2012 2:13 PM
That was a typical ending for that game. Army always finds a way to get in their own way and flub things up. Its the 3rd straight year they out gained Navy but still lost the game.
12/9/2012 3:59 PM
Typical or not, I still think it's lousy.
12/9/2012 4:41 PM
◂ Prev 123
9-3 Louisiana Tech = No Bowl Game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.