http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/kansas-city-chiefs-jovan-belcher-suicide-murder-no-reason-to-take-away-rights-120512

For a great article in opposition to Bob Costas and Jason Whitlock.

Bob, my guns will be taken out of my cold dead hands.

My heart goes out to Kasandra and her now orphaned 3 month old baby. My heart goes out to Belcher's Mama.

I and many others of this Union will not allow a murderer to take away my rights to protect myself with my guns. To hunt with my guns. Or to simply target practice with my guns.

These and other rights have been bought with the blood of my forefathers.
12/3/2012 8:09 PM
+1
12/3/2012 8:48 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

Costas should be ashamed for wanting to take away one of our constitutional rights.

12/3/2012 9:25 PM
what's worse is he hid behind an article written by Jason Whitlock of all people... anything to get his name out there
12/3/2012 10:03 PM
Posted by coach_deen on 12/3/2012 11:28:00 PM (view original):
I'm from the great state of Texas. 'Nuff said.
Guns and religion---that's what does it for you, right, coach?   I thought you people were just cartoons!
12/4/2012 12:14 AM
I don't hunt or even own a gun, and I also think that what Belcher did was awful... but, the actions of one person shouldn't compromise the rights of all.
12/4/2012 1:24 AM
You can argue for both sides really...I own a gun legally but what if someone breaks in my house and takes it.
12/4/2012 2:34 AM
Posted by mcroker90 on 12/4/2012 2:34:00 AM (view original):
You can argue for both sides really...I own a gun legally but what if someone breaks in my house and takes it.
Then you take it back and SHOOT HIS ***!!!!
12/4/2012 4:18 AM

Also this guy in Florida killed a teenager because his music was too loud not to mention the zimmerman thing. Seems like some people turn into dirty harry when they own a gun. If you have a problem with someones music call the police, and if you call them and they say stay in your car stay in your car. That being said I would never get rid of mine.

12/4/2012 6:30 AM (edited)
When a murder is committed using a knife, do we try to ban knives?  When someone intentionally drives their car into oncoming traffic to commit suicide, do we try to ban cars?  When someone sets a fire to burn down a forest, or a building, or to kill others....do we try to ban matches?

Firearms are dangerous for sure, but PEOPLE make decisions.  Our founding fathers were some of the world's most brilliant people, EVER.   The right to bear arms is there for a reason.  We can debate the reasons, but IMO its largely based on the concept that a government should not be in control of the people.  The people should be in control of the government.
12/4/2012 6:55 AM
Posted by mcroker90 on 12/4/2012 6:30:00 AM (view original):

Also this guy in Florida killed a teenager because his music was too loud not to mention the zimmerman thing. Seems like some people turn into dirty harry when they own a gun. If you have a problem with someones music call the police, and if you call them and they say stay in your car stay in your car. That being said I would never get rid of mine.

The music incident and the zimmerman thing were totally different.  In one the guy just went off.  In the other.... as new evidence shows,,,,the guy was getting his *** kicked.  Comparing them is apples to oranges at this point.
12/4/2012 11:41 PM
1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.