Most Lopsided Bowl Game Topic

Which match up will feature the biggest smack down?

Votes: 18
(Last vote received: 12/31/2012 12:55 PM)
12/4/2012 10:27 PM
TEXAS TECH OVER MINNY

OR GEORGIA OVER NEBRASKA
12/5/2012 4:45 AM
I don't think a lot of those games will be beatdowns at all. 
12/5/2012 6:33 AM
Posted by moranis on 12/5/2012 6:33:00 AM (view original):
I don't think a lot of those games will be beatdowns at all. 
Details details.
12/5/2012 7:37 AM
I think Ohio, Toledo, Central Michigan, and Bowling Green are all going to be good close games.  The MAC is a lot better than in years past and I think a lot of people haven't caught up to that yet.  Now don't get me wrong, I don't think any of those teams should be favored, I just don't see them getting blown out in those games.  I could also see Minnesota and Georgia Tech being either close games or blow outs depending on which T Tech and which USC show up (they have both been very inconsistent).  Arizona and Nevada is an odd game.  I honestly have no idea what will happen in that game.  Safe money says Okie St. will blow out Purdue, but Purdue just seems to be a team that just never goes away given they are the biggest underdog in Vegas (+17), I would consider betting on Purdue at those odds.

If you look at Vegas Odds, the biggest underdogs are Purdue (+17), NIU against FSU (14), Louisville (+14), Minnesota (+13), and SMU against Fresno (11.5).  There are a bunch of teams that are 10 point dogs including Nebraska against Georgia, Nevada, Toledo, and Georgia Tech.  The only two other games 9 or above are ND against Bama (9.5) and Kansas St. against Oregon (9).

So you have a lot of the big underdog games, but you are missing quite a few and have a couple that shouldn't be in there at all.
12/5/2012 8:56 AM
I didn't check the lines. I just went by the ones that I think will be pretty lopsided.

I think Purdue will lose by at least 3 TDs. and probably more like 35+.

Should have probably put FSU NIU in there, but I am worried FSU will not show up. NIU will be pumped like crazy, and FSU has laid some eggs this season.

Fresno was the next team on my list if I didn't put "other" instead.

If Nebraska doesn't commit a bunch of turnovers, I think they can make a game of it. But yeah, It could easily be a 4 TD shellacking.
12/5/2012 5:51 PM

Minnesota has hung around in games here and there untill the 4th quarter where it goes south. They might be able to keep it under 13.

12/6/2012 12:22 AM
Any game involving the "most over-rated conference in college football" Big-10 will most likely result in a beatdown.
12/12/2012 10:41 PM
Nevada looked super in the first three quarters. Surprised me, eventually losing by only one.

Toledo put up a good fight until the 4th quarter as well. But ultimately got hammered, losing by 26. It is really a shame that Dan Molls went out on the opening kick off.

Next game on the list is the day after Christmas as W Kentucky battles C Michigan.
12/15/2012 9:55 PM
After 6 bowl games the only teams to lose by 21 or more are the two MAC schools.

Will they win a bowl game?

5 more tries, and three of the five are vs Sun Belt schools.

12/22/2012 7:41 PM
Central Michigan answers the bell and gets the MAC a W.

SMU, an 11.5 point underdog, wins by 33 over Fresno State on Christmas Eve.
Who actually saw that game? I missed it and am wondering what the story was.

12/26/2012 10:58 PM
The Bobcats lay 45 on ULM and take 2nd in the "biggest smack down" contest so far this bowl season, winning by 31.

Interesting that the two biggest beat downs so far came at the hands of the underdogs.
12/28/2012 5:41 PM
Minnesota is taking the fight to Texas Tech.
12/29/2012 12:09 AM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 12/29/2012 12:09:00 AM (view original):
Minnesota is taking the fight to Texas Tech.
Yes, what a great game.

Minnesota ran the ball at will most of the night, and Texas Tech threw the ball at will it seemed.

Complete polar opposite of the VA Tech/Rutgers game that was probably the most boring game I've seen in a long time. Two very inept offenses and two pretty solid defenses. Rutgers offense looked horrible, even when the Hokie d wasn't shutting them down. That QB is terrible in all facets, mechanics as well as decision making.

They were actually very fortunate to be in the game at all imo, and I thought they would handle VA Tech fairly easily.
12/29/2012 12:52 PM
And we have a new leader as Arizona State trounces Navy by 34.
12/30/2012 1:22 PM
12 Next ▸
Most Lopsided Bowl Game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.