Most Lopsided Bowl Game Topic

It has been a great bowl season overall IMO, quite a few close games that I personally didn't think would be close. Sadly there were still several blowouts
12/31/2012 12:56 PM
As expected Oklahoma St surges to the front, blowing out Purdue by 44, a full 10 points more than the next biggest beat down.

Florida Looks like the last team left that could possibly catch them, but I don't see the Gators scoring 44.

Michigan also made a damn good showing against S Carolina. I would have never expected them to keep it that close, much less just about win the game outright.

1/1/2013 9:44 PM
Northern Illinois had no business in the Orange Bowl...it was like Hawaii in the Sugar the one year where Georgia PWNED them.
1/2/2013 1:04 PM
CUSA going 4-1 and WAC 2-0 thus far.  Pretty solid showings.  ACC and Big East thus far have the best win percentage of the "major" conferences, which is quite interesting.  Big Ten has the worst showing of the major conferences, but most of their teams were playing one or two spots above where they should have been as a result of OSU and PSU being ineligible so that is at least explainable (though Nebraska and Michigan would have probably been in the games they were in and they both lost).
1/2/2013 1:15 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 1/2/2013 1:04:00 PM (view original):
Northern Illinois had no business in the Orange Bowl...it was like Hawaii in the Sugar the one year where Georgia PWNED them.
I disagree slightly.

I think they shouldn't have ever jumped up that many spots to earn a spot to begin with, but they did.

They certainly were out of their league, but they put up a much better fight than Hawai'i did vs GA. Granted FSU isn't a world beater, and Oklahoma was far more deserving, but I am looking forward to the A&M OU match-up that resulted from this.

I also think the Big 10 has been impressive this bowl season. Moranis mentioned they have the worst WP, but they all played far better than anyone could have expected.

Minn hanging in there with Texas Tech, losing by only a FG.
Wisconsin hanging with Cuse, losing by only 6.
Michigan almost beating SC.
Nebraska tied with Georgia after 3.
Mich St beating TCU.

All things considered, I don't think the B1G was nearly as bad as everyone had been saying all season.

1/2/2013 7:55 PM (edited)
Posted by gregsimon on 1/1/2013 9:45:00 PM (view original):
As expected Oklahoma St surges to the front, blowing out Purdue by 44, a full 10 points more than the next biggest beat down.

Florida Looks like the last team left that could possibly catch them, but I don't see the Gators scoring 44.

Michigan also made a damn good showing against S Carolina. I would have never expected them to keep it that close, much less just about win the game outright.

YE SPELT LOUISVILLE WRONG!!!
1/2/2013 10:41 PM
◂ Prev 12
Most Lopsided Bowl Game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.