Hey guys,

Having finally won a national championship at D3 I was wondering what other large accomplishments I had to look forward to.

I was wondering what milestone accomplishments people have celebrated.

Here are a few I thought of that I haven't had yet.

- Win a title at D2 & D1
- Have a player drafted
- Have a player drafted #1 overall
- Win back to back championships
- Obtain a job at a BCS conference
- Obtain a job at a premium BCS conference

Please feel free to respond and add to the list of milestones you have had in HD, so I can add more to the list.

12/6/2012 9:09 AM
took me a while to win a game - big celebration for the first!
12/6/2012 9:19 AM

Could throw National POY on there.

12/6/2012 9:38 AM
35-0 season, took me forever to pull that one off.  And I've still only done it the one time.
12/6/2012 9:51 AM
-obtain a high baseline job at a premium BCS conference
12/6/2012 2:11 PM
Posted by udm_mike on 12/6/2012 9:38:00 AM (view original):

Could throw National POY on there.

NCOY as well
12/6/2012 2:12 PM
#1 rpi
12/6/2012 3:58 PM
To make the top 25 of alblack's Dynasty list
12/6/2012 4:36 PM
Get your dream job

Just got mine at UK.
12/6/2012 5:32 PM
Posted by moy23 on 12/6/2012 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Get your dream job

Just got mine at UK.
im pretty sure he already has that
12/6/2012 6:04 PM
when i won my first title (d3), i set the following goals:
- use boosters successfully (failed)
- annoy admin at least 7 times (accomplished)
- find a way to do something so nasty in recruiting, you get death threads (accomplished)
- get oldresorter to sign some part of your body (failed, that one still gets me)
- make a rant longer than oldave (accomplished, although i can't say the quality was there)
- make an alternate id, and get everyone to hate you (????)
- exploit a glitch in the game (failed. would i really do something like that?)
- hack into random accounts and set all their settings to 0, creating a widespread conspiracy that there is a bug in HD - to get back at them for all the bugs they refuse to admit exist (failed. it really is a bug. a bug that randomly went away without ever getting fixed.)
- post drunk at least 83 times (success! sweet, sweet success)

so i would start there...
12/6/2012 6:24 PM
Be the first coach to a 1000 wins in any world (Done at Northeastern State in Tark.  WIS actually asked me if I wanted to do an interview to celebrate the milestone, but I declined.  My friend STILL gives me hell over that to this day).

First to 1500 wins in a world (Done).

First to 2000 wins in a world (Almost there).

The two things that I want to do and still haven't accomplished yet are:  a 35-0 season and back-to-back titles.  I've got 11 titles between my ID's and the best I've done is a couple of 34-1 seasons.  Always got knocked off somewhere in the regular season.  Probably my best shot at going undefeated was in Tark under a different ID.  I had beaten the HD legend Rails 3 times already that season and met up again with him in the Final Four.  My 33-0 team ended up getting knocked out by Rails West Chester team in OT.  He then went on to crush his opponent in the final game, so I'm thinking that had I gotten past him, I probably could have had that perfect season.  Still waiting for it.

12/6/2012 9:51 PM
Posted by gvsujulius on 12/6/2012 9:09:00 AM (view original):
Hey guys,

Having finally won a national championship at D3 I was wondering what other large accomplishments I had to look forward to.

I was wondering what milestone accomplishments people have celebrated.

Here are a few I thought of that I haven't had yet.

- Win a title at D2 & D1
- Have a player drafted
- Have a player drafted #1 overall
- Win back to back championships
- Obtain a job at a BCS conference
- Obtain a job at a premium BCS conference

Please feel free to respond and add to the list of milestones you have had in HD, so I can add more to the list.

As far as your initial list goes, I've actually accomplished all of those except the back-to-back titles.  I've actually had a couple of players go first in the draft.  That's always pretty cool.  Just checked and I've also had four guys go number two.  What's sad about that is that with all that talent, I've still only won two D1 titles.  Talk about the Roy Williams of HD.  Man, if anyone is a bigger choke artist than I am, I'd sure like to meet them.  By the way, this would have taken place under my emy ID.

12/6/2012 9:57 PM (edited)
I was pumped when I made D1, but bowed out after only 2 seasons...was burned out...only played 3 seasons at D1
12/6/2012 11:43 PM
Its funny how things change when you play this game long enough. Initially I played with the simple hope of winning a national title and getting to DI to coach UNC. Once I got to DI I never stayed at a school for more than 8-seasons as I liked building a school and then jumping to the next challenge of building another program. In the last year or so, my focus shifted to winning as many DI national titles as possible as I think its the only way you get recognized in this game and for some reason it suddenly became important to me. So I basically settled in and have been giving it a go since. I also wanted to win a DII national title and its proving more difficult than I expected (lost in back to back title games which was heartbreaking) and be a part of turning a truly crap DI conference into something special (experiment currently under way). I guess these would be my outstanding goals:
  • Reach the top 10 for National Championships won;
  • Have a program in any world in DI which is considered the team to beat and standard in that world;
  • Win a DII national title.
12/7/2012 9:23 AM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.