OT - Strangest place you've checked your teams Topic

Posted by mcroker90 on 12/7/2012 7:38:00 AM (view original):
I made this girl take me home during a date so I can finish my recruiting. She was like wtf? The Tampa strip club was the best so far btw lol
So do we need to ask if there was another date???
12/7/2012 7:01 PM
Posted by donald3030 on 12/7/2012 7:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mcroker90 on 12/7/2012 7:38:00 AM (view original):
I made this girl take me home during a date so I can finish my recruiting. She was like wtf? The Tampa strip club was the best so far btw lol
So do we need to ask if there was another date???
His date cut her hourly rate by 25% if he spent the entire hour recruiting
12/7/2012 9:03 PM
Yup we been on a few she really didnt't mind that much :)
12/7/2012 9:14 PM
This one is easy.  LA Costenita in Houston Texas. Google It
12/8/2012 12:27 AM
Posted by brocal on 12/6/2012 4:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 12/6/2012 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by brocal on 12/6/2012 2:59:00 PM (view original):
I probably would have forgotten about this one, but the other Bowl thread here reminded me.  Mine isn't nearly as cool as some of the above locations, but does make me realize I like GD recruiting way too much.

I'm in Warner and Camp, so both worlds start recruiting on the weekends.  I've recruited in the middle of broadcasting college football games on the radio.  Way too many times to remember.  I can pretty much point at every team in the Lone Star Conference and remember recruiting from their real life press box at least once.

I blame a couple of bad signings on teams going no huddle and not giving me enough time in between plays to make good recruiting decisions....the nerve of some people. ;)

What the heck do you do for a living?
lol I do color for Texas A&M-Commerce during football season.  Not my main job, just nice side money and its fun.
The following may or may not be an accurate transcript of your color commentary for the Texas A&M Commerce Lions:

PBP: It's fourth and 1, and the Lions are down four with a minute remaining. What would you run brocal?"

Brocal: "I hate the f*cking no huddle. Take your time between plays!"

PBP: "But it's late in the fourth quarter, and we're down four - "

Brocal: "Call a time out **********! - ah, hold on a minute - tell them about the next play for me."

PBP: "Here's the handoff up the middle, he's got a small hole....he has a first down...."

Brocal: "****!!!!"

PBP: "He breaks a tackle....he has some room...."

Brocal: "Poaching on the last recruiting cycle? Oh, I'm getting that sumbitch!"

PBP: "The back is free! The defense had everyone on the line! Our back is going to score!..."

Brocal: "wait...did I get that OL I really wanted sign..."

PBP:" TOUCHDOWN LIONS! TOUCHDOWN LIONS!!!!"

Brocal: "*****!!!!"

{after the XP and kickoff, the Lions' opponent has the ball back with less than a minute remaining}

PBP: "I expect to see some passing here; with no timeouts, and less than a minute remaining, the Lions' opponent will have to throw the ball. Do you like the dime defense here?"

Brocal: "Oh ****, not more hurry up. Take a ********* knee already."

PBP: " Why would they take a knee? They're down three with less than a minute to play - here's the snap - the QB drops back - throws incomplete! INTERCEPTION by a Lions DB! The Lions will win! The Lions will win!"

Brocal: "Say what now? What's the score of the Commerce game?"

12/8/2012 11:51 AM
Sammy's in Mobile AL, with my iphone.  Google it, if the type of business isn't obvious.

A few years back, I walked about 10 blocks in the rain from work to the library to use a computer to recruit and make halftime adjustments at lunch one day, because employer had finally blocked whatifsports.com on our company internet.  That evening, logged in on my laptop at home, I found out from others that I could try logging in at wisjournal.com, and the next day I got in and have been doing so at work ever since.  Eventually it will get blocked.

To keep my logins to a minimum at work, I usually use my ipad there now.
12/8/2012 8:48 PM
I know today at work, I work at a grocery store. I go into the dairy cooler and hide behind milk crates and milk pallets to hide from the cameras to check on my recruiting efforts and read magazines on the clock.
12/10/2012 12:24 AM
Posted by nyaggie98 on 12/6/2012 4:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 12/6/2012 4:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nyaggie98 on 12/6/2012 2:48:00 PM (view original):
In a bunker outside the Moral, Welfare, Rec Center building during a mortar attack in Balad, Iraq 
I heard you get used to the mortar attacks.  You're in the states now aren't you?
You do get used to them. This was back in 2009.
Did you go through Al Udeid/As Saliyah in Qatar on your way out/back?  I was TDY at As Saliyah from April to December in 09, maybe we crossed paths.  Al Udeid was where the milflights came in and went out.  As Saliyah was where the troops came back for their 4 day passes.
12/10/2012 2:05 AM
Intensive care, cardiac wing at the hospital. I had quadruple bypass November 1st. Couldn't vote but still ran my team.
12/10/2012 1:36 PM
Posted by 2chair on 12/8/2012 11:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by brocal on 12/6/2012 4:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 12/6/2012 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by brocal on 12/6/2012 2:59:00 PM (view original):
I probably would have forgotten about this one, but the other Bowl thread here reminded me.  Mine isn't nearly as cool as some of the above locations, but does make me realize I like GD recruiting way too much.

I'm in Warner and Camp, so both worlds start recruiting on the weekends.  I've recruited in the middle of broadcasting college football games on the radio.  Way too many times to remember.  I can pretty much point at every team in the Lone Star Conference and remember recruiting from their real life press box at least once.

I blame a couple of bad signings on teams going no huddle and not giving me enough time in between plays to make good recruiting decisions....the nerve of some people. ;)

What the heck do you do for a living?
lol I do color for Texas A&M-Commerce during football season.  Not my main job, just nice side money and its fun.
The following may or may not be an accurate transcript of your color commentary for the Texas A&M Commerce Lions:

PBP: It's fourth and 1, and the Lions are down four with a minute remaining. What would you run brocal?"

Brocal: "I hate the f*cking no huddle. Take your time between plays!"

PBP: "But it's late in the fourth quarter, and we're down four - "

Brocal: "Call a time out **********! - ah, hold on a minute - tell them about the next play for me."

PBP: "Here's the handoff up the middle, he's got a small hole....he has a first down...."

Brocal: "****!!!!"

PBP: "He breaks a tackle....he has some room...."

Brocal: "Poaching on the last recruiting cycle? Oh, I'm getting that sumbitch!"

PBP: "The back is free! The defense had everyone on the line! Our back is going to score!..."

Brocal: "wait...did I get that OL I really wanted sign..."

PBP:" TOUCHDOWN LIONS! TOUCHDOWN LIONS!!!!"

Brocal: "*****!!!!"

{after the XP and kickoff, the Lions' opponent has the ball back with less than a minute remaining}

PBP: "I expect to see some passing here; with no timeouts, and less than a minute remaining, the Lions' opponent will have to throw the ball. Do you like the dime defense here?"

Brocal: "Oh ****, not more hurry up. Take a ********* knee already."

PBP: " Why would they take a knee? They're down three with less than a minute to play - here's the snap - the QB drops back - throws incomplete! INTERCEPTION by a Lions DB! The Lions will win! The Lions will win!"

Brocal: "Say what now? What's the score of the Commerce game?"

LMAO Genius....unfortunately in the 3 years I've been there, my broadcast record is 5-26, so I wasn't missing much ;)
12/10/2012 1:42 PM
checked the score of my NC game in disney world outside of space mountain (which i unfortunately couldn't gameplan for)...i lost and drowned my sorrows with a mickey ice cream
12/10/2012 11:09 PM
◂ Prev 123
OT - Strangest place you've checked your teams Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.