IMPORTANT POLL Topic

I can't lose a debate that science won 50 years ago.
1/11/2013 2:42 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The current reference to himself as a "puppetmaster" really supports the Grandiose Delusional Disorder theory...
1/11/2013 2:46 PM
Posted by bistiza on 1/11/2013 12:49:00 PM (view original):
Of course you're happy I came back, bad_luck. You need to keep this going so you can tell yourself you haven't lost. Too bad you don't get that I'm not going to give you a chance to participate in the actual debate again.

tecwrg, I agree bad_luck needed a fix, but I think he never really left, so he couldn't have come back.

As for me, I thought I'd express the amazing amount of laughter I've enjoyed by reading his drivel. 

There's also the things like this, specifically the middle paragraph.  He's done this a number of times, and I always assumed he was just being a *****.  Under the new delusional disorder hypothesis, he could actually believe that his arguments are so obvious and strong that the generally non-participatory observers actually would have to agree with him, rather than virtually everyone else arguing against him.  Again, outside of a delusional reality that is an almost nonsensical assumption, but if you really believed your argument was as blatantly obviously correct as he always seems to believe, it's not unreasonable to think that people would tend to agree with you.  Maybe he really thinks these comments directed at him, but not specifically mentioning him, are directed towards his opponents.
1/11/2013 2:51 PM
My vote is for bistiza being an attention whoring troll.

Constantly coming back to resurrect threads that are desperately trying to die, posing half-assed theories with little to no credible backing evidence, consistenly touting the obvious inherent validity of his non-existant arguments, and then claiming undisputed victory in every "debate" he believes he is participating in.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

He could truly be delusional.  But I think he's just pulling everybody's chain to get attention, as evidenced by how he brought this thread back to life after it had been euthanized earlier in the week.  If he truly was delusional, he'd be back every day flaunting his "victory".
1/11/2013 2:56 PM (edited)
I can't lose a debate that science won 50 years ago.

No matter what science did or did not do, you gave up, and that means you lost.
Bistiza is either A) a troll (increasingly likely) or B) mentally ill
Neither.

To be a troll, I'd have to be essentially saying things I don't believe in order to antagonize others. I'd basically have to do what bad_luck has attempted to do here. I'm not doing that - I actually believe the opinions I post. Some others can't stand to see someone disagree with them, so they have to attack, and it's childish that they can't just agree to disagree.

You suggesting I must be mentally ill is an attack in the same kind, and discredits anything else you may say.

Honestly, dahs, I you seem like  you're an intelligent person and you seem to get a lot of things, but you continually fail to grasp this concept (as do many people): Personal attacks are a fallacy in any argument, stem from ignorance, and only serve to make you appear in a negative light.

Notice I've never called anyone names for disagreeing with me or anyone else. I've never sought to insult someone simply for disagreeing. Yet that seems to be all a number of people can do, including you.

So instead of trying to attack me, just state your opinion on the topic and be done with it.

Yet you can't do that. You have to hate anyone who disagrees with you and can't separate the person from the argument, which is a shame.
1/11/2013 2:54 PM
Are you saying that bad_luck doesn't believe that the earth isn't 4.5 billion years old?
1/11/2013 3:07 PM
The current reference to himself as a "puppetmaster" really supports the Grandiose Delusional Disorder theory...

bad_luck used that term. I simply said he was my puppet because he was continually responding as I wanted him to and I wasn't doing anything he asked.
Maybe he really thinks these comments directed at him, but not specifically mentioning him, are directed towards his opponents.

No, I realize tecwrg meant the comment for me, but that doesn't make any sense because bad_luck is the one who "needed a fix" by posting, so I turned it around to where it should be.

To see that it is where it should be, all you need to do is notice that every time bad_luck has to have the last word between himself and I. While I can (and have) left the thread without having the last word, he couldn't stop posting unless he has had the last word. If you need further proof of this, I'll purposefully leave the thread again and see if he can go without responding.

Just let me know if you want me to do that, and I'll make a final post stating that it is the final post and I can guarantee bad_luck will respond to it. In fact, if I make a final post in this thread and bad_luck never responds to it at all, then I will admit I was wrong about him.

So if you want to see me admit I'm wrong, that's the way to make it happen. Then again, you have to rely on him not to respond to my post, and I'm quite confident that won't happen.
Constantly coming back to resurrect threads that are desperately trying to die

I'm fine with threads dying. I'm just finding it entertaining the way bad_luck has to have the last word.
posing half-assed theories with little to no credible backing evidence

I believe everything I post. Just because I don't agree with the mainstream on every topic like some kind of sheep doesn't make me a troll.
consistenly touting the obvious inherent validity of his non-existant arguments
Again, I believe in what I say. Stop launching personal attacks and I'll stop touting what I believe beyond its basic level.
1/11/2013 3:08 PM
But I think he's just pulling everybody's chain to get attention, as evidenced by how he brought this thread back to life after it had been euthanized earlier in the week.

I am the one who "euthanized" the thread!

bad_luck had to have the last word, so I posted an LOL the next time I looked at it because I found that funny.

Stop pretending that I'm the one who has to have the last word when you can clearly see it is bad_luck who is in that particular boat.
1/11/2013 3:09 PM
The last post in this thread before your "LOL" was three days ago.

So who has to have the last word?
1/11/2013 3:26 PM
I purposefully left the thread and paid it no attention for those three days. I absolutely knew when I checked it again, bad_luck would have responded, because bad_luck has to have the last word.

I was right, and it was funny to me, so I posted an LOL.

I don't care if I have the last word or not. If I cared, I would have been back to see if he posted long before I actually did check.

Notice, if he didn't need to have the last word and wanted the thread to die, bad_luck could have simply ignored my "LOL" and let it go, but he couldn't do that because he has to have the last word.

1/11/2013 3:29 PM
The fact is that nearly 72 hours had passed since the last update to this thread, and you had to come back and start it up again.

You criticize bad_luck for his need to have the last word, yet by your own actions you show that is indeed YOU who needs to have the last word.

That's a bit hypocritical, don't you think?  (Yes, I know you'll deny it).
1/11/2013 3:41 PM
The fact is that nearly 72 hours had passed since the last update to this thread, and you had to come back and start it up again.

The fact is I deliberately left the thread alone and stated as much before I left, and bad_luck had to come back and get the last word.
You criticize bad_luck for his need to have the last word, yet by your own actions you show that is indeed YOU who needs to have the last word.

You just don't get it. I responded with a simple LOL because I found it funny that bad_luck had to have the last word. He could have left it at that, but then continued on.
That's a bit hypocritical, don't you think?  (Yes, I know you'll deny it).

You have things entirely backward, either because you're confused or you are deliberately doing it.

I'll prove it to you right here, right now:

I'm not going to respond to this thread again for several days. If bad_luck makes a single post in this thread after this one, it will show you beyond any doubt that bad_luck has to have the last word.

I will only post again after bad_luck makes a post, and my post will simply be to point out he has to have the last word and is responsible for the continuation of the thread.
1/11/2013 3:56 PM
What a ******* loser you are.
1/11/2013 4:01 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/11/2013 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 1/8/2013 1:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 1/8/2013 11:54:00 AM (view original):
Here's where the war on christmas thread started getting redlined.

I moved it to a new thread. 

Here's your last post on the topic in the new thread.

Here's me, directly responding to your "evidence."

Here's you, going into hiding.
I never gave up. Here's proof.*

*I know proof isn't really your thing...you know...with the whole "believing in a young earth" brain damage you have. But just in case.
Did I lose? I linked these posts several times. I also directly quoted your "evidence." You refused to respond.

Not sure why you want this to keep going. If said something as stupid as "a young earth is equally as likely as an old one," I'd want to run away and hide. I wouldn't want to perpetuate a thread that reveals my stupidity.

I can't lose this debate because science already won it for me 50 years ago. But, please, continue.
So you're just going to ignore every challenge to your "evidence?"

Only an idiot would think the world is 10,000 years old.
1/11/2013 4:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...37 Next ▸
IMPORTANT POLL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.