Posted by bad_luck on 1/7/2013 11:36:00 AM (view original):
Here it is again:

1. C14 shouldn't exist anymore. 
2. 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics
3. Petrified trees span strata
See? Right there.
1/7/2013 11:42 AM
Here is a direct copy of your "evidence" post:

Bistiza, could you give one - 1! - piece of "evidence" that the earth is NOT billions of years old?  You claimed that there is evidence on both sides.  And can you show me any evidence that any scientists believe that?
The first and second laws of thermodynamics. 

The fact that carbon-14 should break down to virtually nothing past a certain point in terms of dates and yet it is difficult to find carbon without carbon-14, which with an old earth model should be virtually non-existent much of the time.

The fossil record shows many strata of rock which are thought to be formed over "millions of years" can actually form quite quickly. Sometimes there are fossils, including petrified trees, which span straight through several layers indicating they may have formed quite suddenly.

1/7/2013 11:47 AM
I guess I had the order wrong:

1. 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics
2. C14 shouldn't exist anymore
3. Petrified trees span strata
1/7/2013 11:48 AM
I posted it. See? Right above your post. If it's different, tell me how.

Go back and read it if you want to see the differences.

It doesn't matter anyway. The only reason I'm even posting is because your ignorance could not go unanswered when I saw it.

I'm not going to reopen the debate at this point when you've been given countless chances to address the original information and played games and refused to do it. It's over.
1/7/2013 11:49 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/7/2013 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Here is a direct copy of your "evidence" post:

Bistiza, could you give one - 1! - piece of "evidence" that the earth is NOT billions of years old?  You claimed that there is evidence on both sides.  And can you show me any evidence that any scientists believe that?
The first and second laws of thermodynamics. 

The fact that carbon-14 should break down to virtually nothing past a certain point in terms of dates and yet it is difficult to find carbon without carbon-14, which with an old earth model should be virtually non-existent much of the time.

The fossil record shows many strata of rock which are thought to be formed over "millions of years" can actually form quite quickly. Sometimes there are fossils, including petrified trees, which span straight through several layers indicating they may have formed quite suddenly.

I posted a direct quote.

Am I mischaracterizing your "evidence?"
1/7/2013 11:50 AM
It is over.

What part of that don't you understand?

I will not debate with someone who refuses to read information and uses ignorant personal attacks and thinks both are perfectly justifiable.

Again, it is over. Go away.

1/7/2013 11:54 AM
I posted a direct quote from you.

One of your arguments is easily debunked, C14 is produced in the atmosphere. A second, the petrified tree argument, is debunked here.

Your argument about the laws of thermodynamics isn't really an argument. Yes, the laws exist. No, they don't preclude an old earth.

I guess this isn't over until you stop posting.
1/7/2013 11:57 AM
No, this is over when YOU stop posting. So just stop.
1/7/2013 11:59 AM
I have no interest in this being over. I'd like you to continue to make a fool of yourself arguing that a young earth is a possibility.
1/7/2013 12:00 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/7/2013 11:57:00 AM (view original):
I posted a direct quote from you.

One of your arguments is easily debunked, C14 is produced in the atmosphere. A second, the petrified tree argument, is debunked here.

Your argument about the laws of thermodynamics isn't really an argument. Yes, the laws exist. No, they don't preclude an old earth.

I guess this isn't over until you stop posting.
Please address your debunked evidence.
1/7/2013 12:00 PM
RSF!
1/7/2013 12:13 PM
Seriously. And I'm participating shamelessly.
1/7/2013 12:16 PM
J.C. Watts: greatest QB evah?

Votes: 5
(Last vote received: 1/25/2013 4:34 PM)
1/7/2013 12:24 PM
Is the top one me?
1/7/2013 12:58 PM
He had to ask?!

1/7/2013 1:01 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...37 Next ▸
IMPORTANT POLL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.