IMPORTANT POLL Topic

Posted by bistiza on 1/14/2013 2:24:00 PM (view original):
I choose not to stop because I'm having fun here pointing out bad_luck's failings.

The only "attention-whoring troll" is bad_luck, as I proved beyond any doubt before.

I think the only person who believes that would be you.
1/14/2013 2:31 PM
Posted by bistiza on 1/14/2013 2:28:00 PM (view original):
I don't know. You seemed like you wanted me to stop posting pretty bad. But if you want me to keep going, cool, I will.

Of course you don't know. If you did know what was going on, you might realize you are failing every step of the way and you'd stop.

I don't want you to stop posting. I want you to keep coming back and proving me right again and again.

You conclusively proved me right when I said you had to have the last word because you are, as tecwrg puts it, an "attention-whoring troll".

So I'll be happy to have fun pointing out your failings here until I get bored with you.
I'm still waiting for you to explain how the first and second laws of thermodynamics preclude an old earth.

Good. Wait forever for all I care, because it isn't going to happen.
Ok, I'll keep waiting. In the meantime, I'll continue to post this, showing that you posted your evidence on 12/24 and I directly responded to it on 12/27.

Why did you delete your original "evidence" post?
1/14/2013 2:34 PM

I conclusively proved it in this thread. You either didn't get that or you are purposefully not recognizing it. Either way, you were wrong.

bad_luck, you can post whatever you want, but the fact remains you have failed to do anything you wanted to do here. You lost the debate, you failed to get it re-started, and you made sure to show that you're childish and delusional along the way.

Meanwhile, you keep repeating the same things over and over and CONTINUE to fail to accomplish anything by doing so.

So I'll be happy to point out your failings until you bore me. You are once again getting close to that point.
1/14/2013 2:50 PM
1/14/2013 2:50 PM
Posted by bistiza on 1/14/2013 2:50:00 PM (view original):

I conclusively proved it in this thread. You either didn't get that or you are purposefully not recognizing it. Either way, you were wrong.

bad_luck, you can post whatever you want, but the fact remains you have failed to do anything you wanted to do here. You lost the debate, you failed to get it re-started, and you made sure to show that you're childish and delusional along the way.

Meanwhile, you keep repeating the same things over and over and CONTINUE to fail to accomplish anything by doing so.

So I'll be happy to point out your failings until you bore me. You are once again getting close to that point.
So what was the time limit on my response to your "evidence?"

You posted in on 12/24. I responded on 12/27. Is there an unwritten online forum debate rule that says that waiting more than two days to respond is automatic surrender? Does that double secret interweb rule apply if one of the days was Christmas?

I think you quit. You refused to respond to any challenges to your evidence. Dahs immediately pointed out (same day, so you know, the double-secret-auto-forfeit rule doesn't apply) that C14 is made in the atmosphere. You never addressed that. Do you concede that the existence of C14 isn't an argument for a young earth?
1/14/2013 2:56 PM
I don't know. You seemed like you wanted me to stop posting pretty bad. But if you want me to keep going, cool, I will.

Of course you don't know. If you did know what was going on, you might realize you are failing every step of the way and you'd stop.

I don't want you to stop posting. I want you to keep coming back and proving me right again and again.

You conclusively proved me right when I said you had to have the last word because you are, as tecwrg puts it, an "attention-whoring troll".

So I'll be happy to have fun pointing out your failings here until I get bored with you.
I'm still waiting for you to explain how the first and second laws of thermodynamics preclude an old earth.

Of course it isn't going to happen, because no rational human being could do it...  You said a bunch of stupid ****, why don't you just take it back, apologize to everyone for being a bull-headed ***, and move on with your life instead of continuing to make yourself look like a clown?
1/14/2013 2:58 PM

We missed it.  Sorry.  Can you show us again?  I did try to find it and I couldn't.  (most of this thread is "NO YOU DIDNT. YES I DID! NO YOU DIDNT. YES I DID!!!!  So I suppose I may have overlooked it)

Thanks, I appreciate it.
1/14/2013 3:16 PM
Posted by bistiza on 1/14/2013 2:50:00 PM (view original):

"I conclusively proved it in this thread. You either didn't get that or you are purposefully not recognizing it. Either way, you were wrong."

Classic bis.  "If you don't agree with me, you're wrong."

Yet he claims to not be arrogant.
1/14/2013 3:22 PM
Gee, it seems like bis has no idea what he is talking about, other than a quick Google search to form some reference points from which to argue.  When it is pointed out that his Google search took him to tinfoilhats.com and his "informed opinion" (or "informed non-opinion") has no basis in real fact, he has no ability to respond with additional facts.

However, I am not saying that is the case.  I remain on the fence about this issue, as all open-minded people would.
1/14/2013 5:40 PM
Again isnt it always interesting that scientific issues that directly are impacted by religious faith are the ones the left is always first to jump on?

This is just another way to attack traditional values.

The origins of the planet are pretty low on most people's priority. Yet I heard commedians attack the Republicans on that issue several times during the 2012 election.

Why is faith such a dengerous thing in the minds of the left??
1/14/2013 6:37 PM
I'm Republican, I'm religious, and I absolutely believe the earth is over 4 and a half billion years old.  I think it's interesting that so-called "conservatives" feel the need to latch on to "traditional values" that have nothing to do with religion, values, or politics.  How in the hell is the age of the Earth a "traditional value?"  How does supporting Creationism fit into a truly Conservative value system?  A true Conservative shouldn't give 2 ***** whether I believe in evolution or not and respect my right to believe whatever the hell I want to believe.  Real conservatism is primarily fiscal/economic.  The whole "Christian Conservative" thing is really only a few decades old, and has nothing to do with conservatism.

Why is an old earth such a dangerous idea in the minds of the Christian Conservative?  Is your faith (not you, specifically, but in general) so rigid that the whole thing falls apart if you learn that the Earth is older than a literal reading of the Old Testament suggests?  For some reason, I also don't believe a bunch of dudes thousands of years before the birth of Christ were living hundreds and hundreds of years, at least not what we would call years.  Some of the interpretations may be off, some of the stories certainly changed over time before being written down.  If you can only have faith if the entire Bible is to be taken as a literal historical text, your faith isn't very deep at all.

And as I suggested earlier, if your conservative beliefs are challenged by a scientific argument that has nothing to do with conservatism and very little to do with Christianity, you probably aren't much of a conservative...  And there is no way in Hell a "young Earth" and "traditional values" have anything to do with one another.
1/14/2013 6:47 PM
If God is omniscient and omnipotent, is it really unreasonable to think he could come up with evolution?
1/14/2013 6:47 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/14/2013 6:37:00 PM (view original):
Again isnt it always interesting that scientific issues that directly are impacted by religious faith are the ones the left is always first to jump on?

This is just another way to attack traditional values.

The origins of the planet are pretty low on most people's priority. Yet I heard commedians attack the Republicans on that issue several times during the 2012 election.

Why is faith such a dengerous thing in the minds of the left??
It's good to see that you are open minded about the "old earth / young earth" discussion.

BTW, I don't think bis is arguing the hard-right conservative religious argument for his young earth theory.  He's just being extraordinarily dense.
1/14/2013 7:35 PM
You posted in on 12/24. I responded on 12/27.

Wrong again. Not surprising given your track record.

You responded to your own assumptions on 12/27 and I corrected you and asked you to go look up the real information. You didn't post a response that actually addressed the real information for 14 days, on 1/8. Two weeks went by which included you posting, indicating you have no excuse that you weren't available or couldn't address it. You simply gave up and REFUSED to address it, and that means you forfeited and lost.
Of course it isn't going to happen, because no rational human being could do it...  You said a bunch of stupid ****, why don't you just take it back, apologize to everyone for being a bull-headed ***, and move on with your life instead of continuing to make yourself look like a clown?

This question should be addressed to bad_luck, as it fits perfectly with what he has shown throughout the thread.

As for me, I was attacked for nothing more than thinking for myself rather than blindly following the mainstream opinion like a sheep. So when those of you who launched that attack similar to a 14th century "grab the torches and pitchforks" ignorance festival want to apologize for it, then I'll consider apologizing for stringing bad_luck along in this thread and making him look foolish and apparently making some of you angry because I'm using his attention-seeking against him.

I will not under any circumstances apologize for defending myself - quite successfully, I might add - against the ignorant attacks of the mainstream. I have as much right to my opinion as any of you sheep have to yours.
Classic bis.  "If you don't agree with me, you're wrong."
No, that's what some of you are doing with your mainstream bulls*** bullying attempts.

I made a post stating I would leave the thread and not respond unless bad_luck did to prove he had to have the last word, and he responded twice before I even came back, proving me right when I say he had to have the last word.

You want to ignore that and keep attacking out of ignorance.

The main reason I will not ever be addressing the original debate is because  I have no interest in discussing these matters with people whose minds are stuck in the 14th century.
1/15/2013 8:32 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/14/2013 2:34:00 PM (view original):

Ok, I'll keep waiting. In the meantime, I'll continue to post this, showing that you posted your evidence on 12/24 and I directly responded to it on 12/27.

Why did you delete your original "evidence" post?
Here it is. What did I get wrong on the 27th?
1/15/2013 9:21 AM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23|24...37 Next ▸
IMPORTANT POLL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.