Good enough to start at PG? Topic

jsa - the OP thinks blk is important for guards, so trying to think like him is going to be very difficult ;)

12/10/2012 2:09 PM
I didn't get him.  I wound up signing another PF I didn't even close to need on a team now swamped with posts.  I lost out on the guy I made the thread about as a result of crippling indecision.  I've never done that before.  Usually make my decisions quickly.  But I just couldn't make my mind up about that guy.  I'm now seriously considering switching to man this season without practice because I just don't have enough speed to run the press.  It's an interesting question - how much worse, really, is an uneducated (read: horrible IQs) man when compared to a press with a starting 3 with speed in the low 30s?  And only 4-deep in guards, with two underclassmen.  Not to mention I just recruited a 5-man class and only have 1 senior, so it's not like the team's press IQs across the board are just too good to pass up.
12/10/2012 4:07 PM
I love going against man teams with low IQs.   In my experience I've been able to score efficiently against those players and get to the line a lot.  I would probably play uptempo against that team

I recruited a guy close to like the one in the op, my guy had perimeter that will be in the 90s and I think his speed will be in the 70s, but his bh and pa are very similar.  His defense was in the mid 20s when I recruited him and it was average.  I have since left that team, but I remember when I recruited him he was a fall back option.  I never felt good about him.  He might turn out to be a great offensive threat, I just don't know
12/10/2012 4:54 PM
◂ Prev 12
Good enough to start at PG? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.