I'd rather spend money on things that I KNOW actually matter, rather than thinking maybe admin is lying.
12/20/2012 2:45 PM
I thought I read somewhere that if a player gets traded to your squad he may improve if you have better coaches.
12/22/2012 10:17 AM
Chisox, that is definitely true.  Javier Bournigal's (http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=2928306) fielding ratings had dead-ended in season 16, when I traded for him.  After the trade, with a wildly superior FI, his ratings shot up.
12/23/2012 1:34 AM
Posted by rangerup on 12/20/2012 10:42:00 AM (view original):
There is no evidence to the contrary either though.  It is whether you believe what admin says, or what your own experience tells you. Even with admin claiming they only affect development, I find it absurd that a coaching staff would not affect daily performance (as my experience tells me it does).  Why not just leave the staff at home and not even bring them to the ballpark then?  WIS is trying to make this game close to 'real life' baseball, no?
"as my experience tells me it does"

Would you care to share your experiences that leads you to believe this?
12/23/2012 8:51 AM
This is a marvelous way to make an argument:

A: My experience tells me that X is true.
B: You have no evidence that X is true.
A: You have no evidence that it is not true.  QED.
12/24/2012 12:18 AM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.