Dodgeball: NEED ONE ASAP. OWNER WENT AWOL Topic

Please note the rule changes since the previous edition! I had some complaints that the hits were coming too fast so I backed it up to 36 hours. However to make sure that the hits stung a little more, I lowered the cap to 90 mil. That will also give the "lucky" WS winner a chance in the TOC against the OL teams. Remember, no clones period! I am hoping to have a full league with all GCs in by Xmas with team selections to follow. If anyone either does or does not want to be a captain, please let me know. I will have a league number and where to send the GC shortly.

Transport yourself back to the sixth grade.  It's time for recess.  It's time for everyone's favorite game, dodgeball.  The teacher has tapped you to be a captain.  Who are you going to pick?  In this league, I will pick four captains.  Each captain will pick their team of six owners (including themselves.)  There will be one of two methods these captains will use to pick their mates and they will decide.  It could be a draft or a rotisserie style auction where you bid on your five teammates.  Personally I think the auction is more fun but that is up to the captains.

As the six man teams are assembled by the captains, they will tell me how to align the divisions, placing their teammates in each league in different divisions.

Once the season starts, we begin to throw the dodgeball.  After the 3rd game of the season, the person with the worst record in the league (tie breaker is expected winning percentage) gets to throw the dodgeball.  They will select someone, anyone, on another team, in the opposite league and they will tell that person that they must waive a specific player on his roster.  The person who was hit, after waiving the player, may replace him with anyone he likes on the waiver wire and will then "throw the dodgeball" and hit someone else.  The person has 36 hours from the time he is told to waive the player and throw the ball.  If the player has not been released and the ball has not been thrown after 36 hours, every subsequent game will be forfeit until the player is released and the ball thrown.

You may not "hit" someone in the same league as yourself.  You throw the dodgeball across the line - into the other league.  You may not hit the person who just hit you.

When it is your turn to throw the ball you need to do two things, first, sitemail your victim and me so I can start the 36 hour clock.  You also need to post it in the league forum for all to celebrate.  You need not wait 36 hours.  It actually makes things much more fun for everyone if you don't wait.

As for the composition of your own 25 man roster it will be pretty straightforward.

no clones, AAA, DH or injuries
trades are fine. 
90 mil cap limit
any stadium you like, any season of player you like

We are not done.

Remember, the 24 team league is comprised of four teams of six owners.  Each win will count for one point.  If you make the playoffs you get a bonus of five points.  Every round of playoffs won, gives your team another five points.  Win the world series and you get ten bonus points.  What do you win?  To play in this league you will need to buy a $10 gift certificate.   Once I set the league # I will give everyone instructions on how and where to send the Gift certificate.  Just don't send it to me.  You will split the $240 collected six ways.

In the event we need a tiebreaker:  World Series Winner followed by total regular season wins followed by total regular season homeruns.

I will set a season ending deadline for ending all hits, very close to the end of the season, once we get close.

Any questions: I am the proverbial open book. just SM me.

1.  Tridentric
   2.  Odalisgagne
   3.  Dippedncrack
   4.  Werewolf
   5.  Beauchamp
   6.  EJStockman
   7.  Mensu1954
   8.  The Taint
   9.  Donburgh
  10. Toddleduc
  11. Daballcoach
  12. Cholatse
  13. Reddtrain
  14. Twfan
  15. BigFatJew
  16. Pinotfan
  17. Kings Kid
  18. Spotsell
  19. Loudawg10
  20. Pfattkatt
  21. Dahsdebater
  23. Mllama54
  24. Mac195

Wait list:

1/22/2013 12:49 PM (edited)
xxxxxxxxx
reserved
12/12/2012 2:58 PM (edited)
Sign me up
12/11/2012 4:17 PM
welcome back 5point.
12/11/2012 5:06 PM
What the heck, I'll play.  No captain please
12/12/2012 3:49 PM
Wouldn't be the same without you Mike. Welcome back.
12/12/2012 5:43 PM
id love to give this a try
12/13/2012 9:55 AM
Glad to have you loudawg!
12/13/2012 12:19 PM
Please include me this time!!! My personal issues are resolved!!!
12/14/2012 12:59 AM
Welcome! Glad you're healthy

12/14/2012 10:20 AM
per sitemail. welcome back to dahsdebater! my team is almost done and I'll have a league number and more info by Sunday night.
12/14/2012 3:21 PM
Can I get in this league again?

12/16/2012 7:44 AM
Happy to have you back ez.
12/16/2012 9:00 AM
Hey ric - did you get my SM?
12/17/2012 10:07 AM
Yes i did
12/17/2012 4:26 PM
123 Next ▸
Dodgeball: NEED ONE ASAP. OWNER WENT AWOL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.