Can we ever get the conferences/teams aligned, Topic

Posted by colonels19 on 12/12/2012 11:39:00 PM (view original):
Morris Brown is a D1 school in HD, and to be honest, I'm not even sure they play basketball there...

WIS' 12-team conference alignment solidifies/compacts an otherwise shaky RL college basketball landscape...I enjoy when games perfect what real life cannot, and this is one of those instances.

yeah, i really am not a fan of all this. i mean, im not a 5 year old, but its a shame that college sports is so openly 100% all about the money. these conferences have long histories and when a team like maryland gives up all those age old rivalries, there is clearly something wrong with the system. im not blaming maryland. the SYSTEM should be such that its in peoples' advantage to stay in their conference - its got to be the way deals are structured, or something. the program basically should get more fans to be involved when they have all their rivalry games, instead of these random *** games against teams they never play. its stupid they can actually make more playing random teams in a "bigger" or "better" conference. i mean, i sort of get it, conferences share money equally in many cases and that just weakens the union between the value of a program and the revenue it bring in - so that is going to result in this sort of ****. but its really a shame its gotten so bad, if you ask me.
12/13/2012 3:15 AM
Posted by paynebrow on 12/13/2012 1:11:00 AM (view original):
Also you've got to consider the Big East is about to blow up into something or nothing... which will be a domino top to bottom...BCS to mid major
As a Xavier fan, it'd be good for the Big East basketball schools to start a new conference, adding Xavier, Dayton, Butler, St. Louis and other private schools.   Xavier fans would much rather see Georgetown and Marquette come to town instead of Fordham and St. Bonaventure
12/13/2012 3:51 AM
◂ Prev 12
Can we ever get the conferences/teams aligned, Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.