2013 Yankees Roster Topic

Cervelli calls a better game and can hit in the 9 hole just like Martin. 

Jeter and Ichiro have been done for a couple of years.   I guess this is the REAL year they're done.

Soriano isn't Rivera.  Of course, it's possible that Rivera wont be Rivera. 

All in all, I don't think this team is "noticably" worse than last season's.    And there is still a lot of time before the dealing is done.
12/13/2012 11:47 AM
Jeter and Ichiro WERE done for a couple years, and then they bounced back.  There's reason to believe it's an aberration. 

"And there is still a lot of time before the dealing is done." - True.

12/13/2012 11:58 AM
I think Jeter has another 2 good years left in him.  He changed his approach and bounced back, and I think he can maintain it.  Ichiro I'm not so sure, but maybe the motivation from being on a team that isn't terrible will help him.  You could make an argument that he was just motivationally challenged after years of being beaten down on horrible Mariners teams.  I also don't think Tex will lose OPS+ from last season, I would expect him to bounce back into the 120s.  But he won't be a stud.  The only potential stud in that lineup is Cano, but for some reason I feel a down year coming from him this season.  Just a gut feeling.  Maybe a down year for Cano is .300 with 25 or 28 home runs, but still, a little less than what he did last year.
12/13/2012 1:45 PM
I actually agree with most of that.    The natural order of things is for Tex to move back toward his career norms and Cano to fall off a bit from last season toward his career norms(which is .300/25).    A LL coach could see what was wrong with Tex's swing.   Surely he'll correct the ridiculous looping, uppercut that was so prominent last year.

Granderson is a bit of a wild card.    He kept his 40 homers but increased his K by around 30 while losing 30 points on his BA.  He also developed a long uppercut swing.    It's almost like RF draws lefites into that swing.
12/13/2012 2:00 PM
Cano in a contract year? He has motivation (which seems to be his problem from time to time), I think he's more likely to have a better year than a worse year.  I'm thinking something like .325/.385/.585 is very possible.
12/13/2012 2:08 PM
◂ Prev 12
2013 Yankees Roster Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.