Random Captain: Work Stoppage Edition (Full!) Topic

Posted by thebubbaq on 1/3/2013 2:03:00 AM (view original):

are there any minimums do captains have to have a set number of teammates or could I literally just take 1 or 2 from an individual captain

No minimums for teammates from each individual captain. The only specific roster rule is that you have to use the strike year for each of your captains. Other than that normal random captain rules apply.
1/3/2013 12:01 PM
I'll play.
1972 Wilbur Wood
1981 Dave Winfield
1994 Jeff Bagwell
1/5/2013 11:42 PM
Welcome dlchow! One to go!
1/6/2013 11:35 AM
1972 Billy Williams
1981 Dennis Martinez
1994 Edgar Martinez
1/6/2013 12:40 PM
I wanted to go all Williams but the guys in 1972 were not very good.
1/6/2013 12:41 PM
And we are full! I'm going to see if I can wrangle up a hall of famer to get me some random numbers now.
1/6/2013 12:49 PM
Random numbers were generated here
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=3&TopicID=463311

1/6/2013 1:11 PM
EDIT: 1972 PLAYERS ARE WRONG HERE. SEE TWO POSTS BELOW FOR EXPLANATION

OWNER
                 1972 PLAYER             1981 PLAYER                 1994 PLAYER
bbos0220             Willie Montanez         Gary Carter                      Albert Belle
Unnaturals           Roger Nelson            Jack Morris                      Kevin Mitchell
thaneoffife            Jim Kaat                      Jerry Reuss                    Andres Galarraga
genemock91       Steve Carlton              Mike Schmidt                 Cal Ripken, Jr
alleyviper              Nolan Ryan                 Nolan Ryan                    Vince Coleman
bob_shabazz       Johnny Bench            Tom Seaver                    Kenny Lofton
pumpkinmcp       Wilbur Wood               Keith Hernandez           Matt Williams
devomac              Freddie Patek             Larry Gura                       Larry Walker
sakensei              Pete Rose                   Dave Winfield                 Frank Thomas
uublog                  Bill Lee                         Bill Madlock                    Pedro Martinez
dlchow                  Cesar Cedeno           Robin Yount                    Ken Griffey, Jr
newarkwilder      Hank Aaron                 Tim Raines                     Bobby Bonilla
midknight            Dick Allen                     Rollie Fingers                Paul O'Neill
thebubbaq           Terry Crowley              Rick Monday                   Carlos Baerga
tjefferson             Ted Simmons             Rickey Henderson         Edgar Martinez
dms3                    Billy Williams              Willie Wilson                  Trevor Hoffman
jvt87                      Joe Rudi                      George Foster                John Wetteland
fooolishfool         Willie Stargell             Toby Harrah                      Tim Raines
go_pre                 Chris Chambliss        Bill Gullickson                Jeff Bagwell
reddtrain              Steve Busby                Fernando Valenzuela     David Cone
parking31            Jim Brewer                 George Brett                    Bret Saberhagen
verdadeiro          Gaylord Perry              Dennis Martinez              Mike Piazza
famous_dad       Bobby Bonds             Bobby Grich                      Tony Gwynn
zambonijesus    Ron Santo                  La Marr Hoyt                      Paul Molitor

1/6/2013 2:33 PM (edited)
EDIT: 1972 PLAYERS ARE WRONG IN THIS IMAGE. SEE POST BELOW FOR EXPLANATION

And here it is in image form so you can see the method to my madness:

EDIT: IGNORE THIS LIST. THE 1972 CAPTAINS ARE WRONG. REDONE CAPTAINS ARE BELOW.

1/6/2013 2:34 PM (edited)
There was a problem with the captains since alleyviper got Nolan Ryan twice. I decided that rerolling 1972 was the fairest way to alleviate the problem. Alleyviper got Nolan Ryan again (haha!) so I had to reroll a third time. Here are the final captains:

1/6/2013 2:21 PM
Hellyeah, Johnny Bench. I get the big red machine!
1/6/2013 3:26 PM
1972 Wilbur Wood
1981 Fernando Valenzuela
1994 David Cone

...guess I don't have to make many rotation decisions...

1/6/2013 4:45 PM
I got stuck with  Rick Monday only has230 abs and I am forced to use him.  Shouldn't we have picked players with full seasons at least?  Normally wouldn't care but I got hamstrapped on a 90 mil cap with 13 mil to Carlton on a reroll and now a bench player with 2 mil.  Hardly seems fair at a 90m cap.  Could hide it with 100 mil but 90 mil that is 2 albatrosses
1/6/2013 5:10 PM
Setting minimums and maximums on salary/ABs/IPs is a good idea and something I'll consider in the future if I run this again or something like it. That Rick Monday is at least a very good season (if very short on PA) and hopefully you should be able to find a platoon partner for him.
1/6/2013 6:10 PM
Reuss played in 1969 for the Cards, but he doesn't have enough innings to show up in our sim. Can I still use 69 Gibby?
1/6/2013 7:37 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Random Captain: Work Stoppage Edition (Full!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.