Dear Seble Claus, Topic

I would also like to see a third color implemented for high/high potential categories instead of blue
12/13/2012 10:35 AM
Increase firings significantly.
12/13/2012 10:52 AM
1. a 5th spot on the depth chart to increase positional flexibility

2. ability to see the next 2 years' recruits at all times to increase recruiting strategy

12/13/2012 11:17 AM
Posted by uconnut on 12/13/2012 10:04:00 AM (view original):
Increase the ability of Walkons enough where once in a blue moon one is worth keeping.
Too many people disagree with this, and it makes sense. Why reward someone for not recruiting well? Zero point, makes sense in real life if it happens but not in this game.
12/13/2012 11:46 AM
Posted by jdno on 12/13/2012 11:17:00 AM (view original):

2. ability to see the next 2 years' recruits at all times to increase recruiting strategy

jdno, #2 is something I've been begging after for a long time. As you point, would greatly enhance strategy and team building aspects, and would be easy to do.

There are bigger picture, more impactful items that I'd love to see when it comes to game play. Decrease reliance on baseline prestige. Make recently vacated non-BCS jobs with high prestige easier to qualify for so that they don't all become worthless sims. Have promises worth more in recruiting. Lots and lots of things, I could go on for awhile ...

12/13/2012 1:29 PM
Purely cosmetic here but I'd like to see some new faces rather than these same recruit faces with different hair styles or a little earring. And maybe pretty up the site a bit to match what we see today with other websites. It could help bring more people in. Gameplay wise I'd really like the ability to do more as a coach like split fatigue and target minutes for certain players. I think that'd be cool.
12/13/2012 2:03 PM
Id love the ability to do a mix of target minutes and fatigue. Be able to set by fatigue, with minimums set for specific players. So you could say "substitute by fatigue, but give this guy at least ten minutes"
12/13/2012 2:18 PM
-Neutral court games in the non-conference (maybe up to 2) to encourage top programs to play each other without the big homecourt advantage for one team.  

-Ability to pick who defends who (let my SG defend the other team's PG etc.)

-1 -3 -1 halfcourt zone with ability to trap out of it or not.

- Ability to play just certain guys at different defensive settings (ex. play other teams shooter with no slashing ablilty at +5 while playing their center at -5, not have it be a whole team setting)

- Longer 1st recruting window (as has been said). 

- Have promises mean much more (as has been said). 
12/13/2012 2:49 PM
Posted by piman314 on 12/13/2012 2:49:00 PM (view original):
-Neutral court games in the non-conference (maybe up to 2) to encourage top programs to play each other without the big homecourt advantage for one team.  

-Ability to pick who defends who (let my SG defend the other team's PG etc.)

-1 -3 -1 halfcourt zone with ability to trap out of it or not.

- Ability to play just certain guys at different defensive settings (ex. play other teams shooter with no slashing ablilty at +5 while playing their center at -5, not have it be a whole team setting)

- Longer 1st recruting window (as has been said). 

- Have promises mean much more (as has been said). 
How about the ability to make sophomore promises: 'start second year' for a little less value?
12/13/2012 3:13 PM
Posted by jdno on 12/13/2012 11:17:00 AM (view original):

hell yes to #1, for the love of god and all that is holy, please give us #1!! i know a lot of coaches dont give two ***** but you simply cannot accomidate every situation with 4, and i think you can with 5. i have a totally different way of setting your depth chart in my version of the sim (a work in progress), that is like, a million times better - but i dare not ask for it - i mean obviously, not getting ANYTHING, but i figure if there is a remote chance of getting SOMETHING, better make it simple!
12/13/2012 3:45 PM
Posted by uconnut on 12/13/2012 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Id love the ability to do a mix of target minutes and fatigue. Be able to set by fatigue, with minimums set for specific players. So you could say "substitute by fatigue, but give this guy at least ten minutes"
actually that is sort of along the lines of the version in the sim engine im working at. its not the same, but its same idea, incorporate minutes and fatigue with the depth chart, so it works... better. no hockey substitutions thank you! well, i mean you COULD set it up that way, but i dont think many people would want to, because it makes no damn sense.

what amazes me is how much people (myself included) love HD, with all the bullshit. i mean they basically just lay you down and **** on your face. but we keep coming back for more. i think it means that this kind of game could really be something special, if you didn't treat it like a total piece of **** from a business standpoint. hence, the sim engine project. maybe there is some difficulty i dont see holding them back, but as best i can tell, they never even gave it a fair shake.
12/13/2012 3:50 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 12/13/2012 3:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by uconnut on 12/13/2012 2:18:00 PM (view original):
actually that is sort of along the lines of the version in the sim engine im working at. its not the same, but its same idea, incorporate minutes and fatigue with the depth chart, so it works... better. no hockey substitutions thank you! well, i mean you COULD set it up that way, but i dont think many people would want to, because it makes no damn sense.

what amazes me is how much people (myself included) love HD, with all the bullshit. i mean they basically just lay you down and **** on your face. but we keep coming back for more. i think it means that this kind of game could really be something special, if you didn't treat it like a total piece of **** from a business standpoint. hence, the sim engine project. maybe there is some difficulty i dont see holding them back, but as best i can tell, they never even gave it a fair shake.
+1
12/13/2012 4:01 PM
At this point it seems Santa Claus might be more real than Seble.
12/13/2012 4:10 PM
Posted by sol_phenom3 on 12/13/2012 4:10:00 PM (view original):
At this point it seems Santa Claus might be more real than Seble.
+1
12/13/2012 4:14 PM
Be able to set rules for how timeouts are utilized?

'If x number of players reach y level of fatigue, then timeout"

Etc.
12/13/2012 5:08 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
Dear Seble Claus, Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.