2043 Census Prediction: Topic

Posted by jiml60 on 12/13/2012 5:01:00 PM (view original):
"Racism wasnt really a southern thing ever."

Yeah because they were just giving all those slaves a place to live, eat and work for free.  Damn, you've outdone yourself on stupidity...again.
Slavery ended 150 years ago you moron!

About 50 years ago there was racism all over America.

This wasnt just a southern thing.

And when Conservatives join together the left always implies that it must be Racist...From the Dixicrats move to the pubs to the grass roots forming of the Tea Party.

12/13/2012 5:12 PM
I think you need to read what you wrote because not only do you not comprehend what other people post, you don't seem to realize what you post either.
12/13/2012 5:37 PM
The context of the conversation was clearly that we were talking about the times of the Civil Rights movement, and in that context there was racism all over America.
12/13/2012 5:56 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by jiml60 on 12/13/2012 5:01:00 PM (view original):

Yeah because they were just giving all those slaves a place to live, eat and work for free.  Damn, you've outdone yourself on stupidity...again.
I travel in the south and do work in the south. Racism is still there. 
12/13/2012 8:05 PM
I am from New England.  I now live in the Southeast.  I can tell you with confidence that there is as much or more racism in New England, New York and New Jersey.  Boston is the most racist city I have ever been to.  Long Island is almost as bad as Boston.

Oh, and African Americans are just as racist, or more so, than whites.  But lets not talk about that.

So keep up your fantasy of racism only being in the South.
12/14/2012 9:34 AM (edited)
Posted by genghisxcon on 12/13/2012 6:37:00 PM (view original):
The southern strategy is nothing new, but perhaps it's worthwhile (and chilling) to listen to the actual audio of Lee Atwater, especially considering swamp's nonsense.

http://www.thenation.com/article/170841/exclusive-lee-atwaters-infamous-1981-interview-southern-strategy
Blacks vote against Republicans by a vast margin. They are the enemy of Republicans because no matter what they vote Democratic.

Anytime you make a strategy that involves blacks somehow it becomes an issue of racism.

If you took any other strategy it is ok, blacks are off limits.

Democratic policies have been a disaster to blacks in cities all over America. No one can debate that.

Atwater said all you need to win the south is run on Conservative values.

After that he had an intelectual discussion about theoretical politics.

And since the topic was how blacks vote the left branded him a Racist!
12/13/2012 9:54 PM
Jclark, funny thing about your last sentence, no one here said racism is only in the South. But I keep forgetting you need to make up **** just to make yourself feel like you know more than the rest of us. 

Come to Chicago if you want to experience a city that has a rich history of racism that continues to this day.

12/13/2012 9:57 PM (edited)
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/13/2012 5:56:00 PM (view original):
The context of the conversation was clearly that we were talking about the times of the Civil Rights movement, and in that context there was racism all over America.

I guess I need to point this out to you again.  The key word is your sentence is 'ever' implying that racism never really existed in the south at any time.  Again, it is a good idea for you to go back and re-read what you write before you post, it might not make you look as dumb if you did.
12/13/2012 9:57 PM
Ok you got your gotcha moment.

We were talking about civil rights time and I said ever.

I never meant ever and it was clear to everyone that I didnt mean ever.

So you win.

You got your gotcha moment.
12/13/2012 10:00 PM
Posted by genghisxcon on 12/13/2012 6:37:00 PM (view original):
The southern strategy is nothing new, but perhaps it's worthwhile (and chilling) to listen to the actual audio of Lee Atwater, especially considering swamp's nonsense.

http://www.thenation.com/article/170841/exclusive-lee-atwaters-infamous-1981-interview-southern-strategy
If you buy this crap then you're too biased for your own good by a wide margin.  And before you say "it's right there on tape," I'm not talking about the interview itself, but the decidedly ludicrous Nation interpretation of it and its significance.
12/13/2012 10:18 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/13/2012 4:41:00 PM (view original):
Most of those Southern Dems are dead.

Their Grandchildren are lving in their homes.

Racism wasnt really a southern thing ever.

Everyone is different now. There isnt really anyone who thinks that blacks are inferior to whites. Everyone has had a black person to dinner.

There is subtle racism, as there always is in a mixed society.

Blacks are bullied into supporting Dems by an idea that Pubs are racists. As White Majority slips Blacks will vote their interests, not the myths.
what world do you live in, dude? It surely isn't the same one I reside in.
12/14/2012 1:33 AM
Can you pick a specific issue and address it.

And then I can respond.
12/14/2012 2:06 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/13/2012 10:00:00 PM (view original):
Ok you got your gotcha moment.

We were talking about civil rights time and I said ever.

I never meant ever and it was clear to everyone that I didnt mean ever.

So you win.

You got your gotcha moment.
It's not a gotcha moment.

With your history of racially insensitive posts, it wouldn't surprise me that you would try to claim that racism has never been an issue in the South.

12/14/2012 2:10 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
2043 Census Prediction: Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.