2043 Census Prediction: Topic

Not even white Anglo Saxons don't want swamp in their neighborhood.
12/21/2012 12:47 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 12/21/2012 12:44:00 AM (view original):
how is not wanting them in your neighborhood treating them like everyone else?  Or is that you don't want anyone in your neighborhood but white anglo saxons?
You are applying the same standard to them that you would to anyone.

And the point was that we need to seperate racism from simple bias.
12/21/2012 2:10 AM

Swamp hanging out with his "folk"
12/21/2012 5:15 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/21/2012 2:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 12/21/2012 12:44:00 AM (view original):
how is not wanting them in your neighborhood treating them like everyone else?  Or is that you don't want anyone in your neighborhood but white anglo saxons?
You are applying the same standard to them that you would to anyone.

And the point was that we need to seperate racism from simple bias.
I would not apply that standard to anyone.
SIMPLE bias?? really?  Its still racism, no matter what you call it.
12/21/2012 6:10 PM
Racism implies hating a race.

If there is a logical reason for something that happens to fall across racial lines it isnt racism.
12/21/2012 8:28 PM
what? if it crosses rac...no, I said I'd refrain and I will.  please disregard this post
12/22/2012 1:48 AM
You cant bring up an attack and then pretend like you are not bringning up an attack.

Let me explain it in simple terms.

You want to do something we will call A.

You want to do it because of B.

What you want to do impacts C.

It isnt because of C. It is because of B that you want to do A.

Let me give an example.

You are in the 90s. You own a bar. You have a jukebox and a TV.

You dont like Rap music and will not allow it in your jukebox.

You love Seinfeld and so when it is on you put it on, and In Living Color is on at the same time and you dont watch it.

Are you doing this to keep blacks away from your bar? No.

Could your actions be perceived as being racist. Yes.

Are they? No.

12/23/2012 11:02 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/23/2012 11:02:00 AM (view original):
You cant bring up an attack and then pretend like you are not bringning up an attack.

Let me give an example.

You love Seinfeld and so when it is on you put it on, and In Living Color is on at the same time and you dont watch it.

Are they? No.

if I owned a bar and was any kind of businessman, I would put whatever my customers wanted to listen to on my jukebox and whatever my customers wanted to watch on the TV.    Even if I did as you said, and did not have rap on my jukebox becaiuse I don't like rap or watch in living color because it was on at the same time as a show I like better, that is not racist.  If,  however,  I do not have rap on my jukebox or watch in living color because most rappers are black and the cast of in living color is mostly black, that is racist.
12/23/2012 1:08 PM
Posted by the_jsa on 12/20/2012 12:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jclarkbaker on 12/19/2012 11:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the_jsa on 12/19/2012 10:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jclarkbaker on 12/13/2012 10:06:00 AM (view original):
It's all about demographics, right?

And the beauty of your comment is that you are unaware that the Dems have to pay to get votes, in the form of social services, and we have already run out of money.  How do you think thinks will be in 2043?

Republicans pay for their votes too, in a well-established form of welfare
commonly called corporate tax breaks.
Because major corps employ how many people?  You fail.
i don't "fail"  (how old are you?)

i am just pointing out that BOTH welfare bums and uncompetitive business execs have their hands out looking
for the $$ of the hard working....

i am just pointing out that BOTH Democrats and Republicans are looking to buy votes with the $$ of the hard working....

welfare is welfare.  do you like welfare?  I guess you do if it just goes to people who use it to create jobs***?

some people like welfare if it puts $$ in the pockets of "the little people".

my only assertion is that both sides like welfare.  They just want to direct it to different places.

***and this wouldn't be so bad if they actually did use their welfare to create jobs in America over the long term,
but some of these shamless wankers take taxpayer money and then turn around and move good, unionized manufacturing jobs
overseas

Yes, because tax breaks to get businesses to do business in a certain place is "welfare".  Right?  Is that really what you are arguing?  Really?
12/23/2012 2:16 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by wylie715 on 12/23/2012 1:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/23/2012 11:02:00 AM (view original):

Let me give an example.

Are they? No.

if I owned a bar and was any kind of businessman, I would put whatever my customers wanted to listen to on my jukebox and whatever my customers wanted to watch on the TV.    Even if I did as you said, and did not have rap on my jukebox becaiuse I don't like rap or watch in living color because it was on at the same time as a show I like better, that is not racist.  If,  however,  I do not have rap on my jukebox or watch in living color because most rappers are black and the cast of in living color is mostly black, that is racist.
And so you accept that there can be an action that harms black people that is in no way racist?
12/24/2012 2:54 PM
Not playing a certain music or watching a TV show does not fall under the definition of harming blacks.
Not wanting a black family with kids to move into your white bread neighborhood is the very definition of racism.

12/24/2012 5:12 PM
People are branded as racist for treating blacks like anyone else all the time. Loans, hiring, television programing and even hiring NFL Coachs. A bar owner who does not play rap could be branded. I am glad you are defending his actions.

12/24/2012 10:12 PM

there's nothing stopping a black person from going into a bar that doesn't play rap except for the black person's tastes.  If someone  is stopping a black person from moving into a neighborhood he or she wants to live in because they don't want property values to go down...its called racism.  There's a big ******* difference between a bar not playing rap and a black person not being able to buy a house where he or she wants.  The fact that you can't seem to understand that is truly sad.

12/27/2012 4:12 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...9 Next ▸
2043 Census Prediction: Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.