2043 Census Prediction: Topic

And as always since I answer all questions and dont ignore the tough ones we get into marginal areas. So lets make the main points...

1 America is not a racist nation. We have more racial harmony than most major nations.

2 Just because something has a negative impact on a specific race does not make it racist or even racially motivated.

3 Everyone treats people that look and act like them better than people that look and act different. It is a normal human thing.
12/30/2012 1:36 PM
as to point #1 we also have much more diversity than most nations.  There's very little racism in Japan because there's basically one race.

as to point #2 if you don't let a certain race into your business or move into your neigborhood, it is racism.  Doesn't matter what your reasoning in.

as to point #3 , that is complete bullshit.  I admit a lot of people treat people that look and act like them better, but those people are prejudiced, if not racist.
12/30/2012 11:23 PM
which nations are these major nations you speak of?  Just the wording of this statement shows that you tend to have a bias against those you think less of.
12/30/2012 11:38 PM
Japan, China, Germany, Russia, India, South Korea.
12/30/2012 11:46 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 12/30/2012 11:23:00 PM (view original):
as to point #1 we also have much more diversity than most nations.  There's very little racism in Japan because there's basically one race.

as to point #2 if you don't let a certain race into your business or move into your neigborhood, it is racism.  Doesn't matter what your reasoning in.

as to point #3 , that is complete bullshit.  I admit a lot of people treat people that look and act like them better, but those people are prejudiced, if not racist.
1 And there is basically one race because there is not so subtle prejudiced against outsiders.

2 What if a bank makes a lending rule that impacts blacks more than whites, but is based purely on economics?

3 It is instinct. You can always treat people any way you want. When you are walking down a street and see people that look like you it isnt as likely you will be scared as people that dont look and act like you.
12/30/2012 11:50 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/30/2012 11:46:00 PM (view original):
No Canada, Brazil, England, France....israel?  Why do you think so little of our allies??????
12/30/2012 11:53 PM
As much as I love Israel it isnt a major nation.

How exactly is one list our allies and one isnt?
12/31/2012 1:17 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/30/2012 11:46:00 PM (view original):
wtf???? Please explain the current racial disharmony in your list of countries?
12/31/2012 2:44 AM
Japan, China, S Korea and India are very socially closed. They do not celebrate racial diversity as we do.

Russia has always had trouble with non Russian cultures.

And Germany has always been a more closed society.

So answer this question please. Are you denying it? Stand up and be counted for once instead of just trying to pick apart my points!
12/31/2012 4:48 AM
What does racial diversity, which is a demographic characteristic have to do with cultural attitudes? I'd answer a question if I saw one that made any sense. You continue to express opinions as if they were facts, with no evidence to support them. You are the worst self-professing atheist I have ever encountered.
12/31/2012 12:33 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/30/2012 11:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 12/30/2012 11:23:00 PM (view original):

1 And there is basically one race because there is not so subtle prejudiced against outsiders.

2 What if a bank makes a lending rule that impacts blacks more than whites, but is based purely on economics?

3 It is instinct. You can always treat people any way you want. When you are walking down a street and see people that look like you it isnt as likely you will be scared as people that dont look and act like you.
Re: #2 - banks did this all the time, it was called redlining and it is against the law. It would never get past any audit.
12/31/2012 2:30 PM
China has 55 officially recognized ethnic minorities. They are not subject to China's 'official' (and oft-ignored) one-child policy. And how in the world is China "socially closed"? Have you been to any of the "socially closed" countries you have mentioned? What is your metric to determine "social openess or closedness"? If you have not visited or lived in any of them upon what are you basing your statement?

You live in a county that is 87% white.

12/31/2012 2:42 PM
Hispanics are White now?

How come when we invade Grenada the left was calling it a war aganst "Brown People".

You cannot define them white when it works for you and brown when it works for you.
12/31/2012 4:20 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/31/2012 4:20:00 PM (view original):
Hispanics are White now?

How come when we invade Grenada the left was calling it a war aganst "Brown People".

You cannot define them white when it works for you and brown when it works for you.
what are you talking about? I'm citing the demographics of Macomb County Michigan.
12/31/2012 5:08 PM
County, country..what's a letter or two?
12/31/2012 5:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
2043 Census Prediction: Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.