2010 to 2013 3-season progressive Topic

Posted this in the classfieds section but I know there is WAY more traffic on this thread.

Who is down for a simple 3-season progressive?

We draft the 2010-11 season (hopefully completed around MLK day in mid-Jan).
We progress to 2011-12 and do a 2nd draft around mid-March. Have  8 keepers.
Then around mid-June we progress the player pool to the NBA season that is going on now and have our 3rd and final draft.

Would want the full 3-seasons for all owners, so if you plan to play then please plan to stick out all three seasons. Wouldn't it be fun to play a league that is more current? Plus think of the options, you could draft the 2010-11 team with the 2012-13 season in mind etc.

12/13/2012 6:40 PM (edited)

Draft:

Season 1 draft would go 1-24 in round 1 then 24 to 1 for ALL remaing rounds. Draft would be 10 rounds with 3 players selected in round #10.  Initial draft order set by random draw with teams being able to select closer to 1, closer to 24, or closer to 13 for season 1 draft position. Selection order for slots determined by same system as progressive leagues on this site, i.e., random draw determined by NY Lottery.

Seasons 2 and 3 would be based on previous seasons records going 1-24 for all rounds. The draft order for round 1 would be determined by the 60-game mark standings for the lottery teams. Round one for playoff teams and all rounds after the first for all teams would be based on full season standings. Draft would start during the playoffs to reduce the wait between seasons. First SIX spots in lottery would be based on weighted draw like the NBA with other six determined by game 60 standings, again just like zizzo progressive leagues on this site.

12/13/2012 6:33 PM (edited)
Keepers:

8 keeper players max from season to season, that way teams could keep the majority of their rotations intact yet the draft would include not only rookies but also a few useful role players. NO trades during initial draft, but can be made after season one is complete subject to veto.
12/13/2012 6:32 PM (edited)

Divisions:

NO they would NOT be random!

Divisions would be set based on who teams selected with their first pick in the 2010-11 season.

Atlantic Division (east) would be owners that select one of the six following players: D Howard, Lebron, Durant, Griffin, CP3, and Pau Gasol.

Midwest Division (west) would be owners that select one of these six: D Wade, Aldridge, Kobe, A Jefferson, Josh Smith, and K Love.

Pacific Division (west) would be for 1st six teams that select a player with a 2010-11 salary BELOW $6.6 million.

Central Division (east) would be the six remaining teams.

Divisions would stay the same for ALL three years.

No salary cap since we are only playing three seasons and have no way to know what 2012-13 values will be.

12/13/2012 6:35 PM (edited)
Owner List 9/24
natenoy
dh555
katernberg
hoopsrus
poppapomp
bigmac945
seapilots
ericlinder
eleibowitz
1/3/2013 6:23 PM (edited)
RESERVED
12/13/2012 6:27 PM
this sounds great...id do it

but the divisions things gotta go....the old abbbbbbbbbbb format took care of any advantages the owners with the top players had...besides no z-bo in the midwest?...ill take him over aldridge any day....big al and josh smith too

12/14/2012 3:35 PM
in
12/14/2012 3:40 PM
dh we can talk about the division thing, I hear you on Z-Bo, but he is almost worthless for 2011-12. I just figured that having the top players in the same division would not only reduce the huge advantage that they bring but may also encourage people to take a slot outside the top or to pick players that have a lower salary in year one. Hopefully we can get a group of interested owners in the next few weeks and see where this goes.
12/14/2012 4:29 PM
I'm in too.   I would also prefer A-B-B-A-B  otherwise getting those top picks is too much of an advantage in A-B-A-B regular snake-order draft.
12/14/2012 4:36 PM
Why no trades in first draft?
12/14/2012 7:02 PM
Posted by Ginandjuice on 12/14/2012 7:02:00 PM (view original):
Why no trades in first draft?
We can revist that too, logic here was if divisions are set by 1st round pick then we don't want thoses to be open for trades.
12/14/2012 7:26 PM
Count me in - Thanks.
12/14/2012 8:20 PM
Posted by natenoy on 12/14/2012 4:29:00 PM (view original):
dh we can talk about the division thing, I hear you on Z-Bo, but he is almost worthless for 2011-12. I just figured that having the top players in the same division would not only reduce the huge advantage that they bring but may also encourage people to take a slot outside the top or to pick players that have a lower salary in year one. Hopefully we can get a group of interested owners in the next few weeks and see where this goes.
whoops...was thinking 9-10/10-11 z-bo
12/14/2012 11:04 PM
Yea I've suffered thru 2 seasons already with 4 more to go waiting on those two years in the HDP league from Randolph, I'll have a pretty good Nater at the end of that league too, it just sucks that they both have such a horrible D rating.
12/14/2012 11:17 PM
12 Next ▸
2010 to 2013 3-season progressive Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.