Connecticut shooting Topic

Tell me why the gun lobbies only come out after some children get murdered.

They know that America doesnt buy what they are selling normally.

They figure that if they get some shocked people and tell them the lie that gun control will stop murderes than they might be able to get some people to support them.

It is your side that needs massacres to survive!
12/26/2012 3:32 AM
<<Tell me why the gun lobbies only come out after some children get murdered. >>

Exactly the right question Swamp..."why does the gun lobby only come out after some children get murdered?"

I would say to protect their own selfish, financial, and hedonistic interests. Why do you think the gun lobby only comes out after these massacres of innocents?

12/26/2012 1:28 PM
Gun Lobby meant the people trying to ban guns.
So answer your questions again.

Why do the people trying to eliminate our 2nd Amendment freedoms only come out when there is a shooting?

Why cant they come out on any day and explain to America why they should give their guns to the government?
12/26/2012 1:51 PM
They are always present, it is only after something happens that anyone pays attention you ignorant fat ***.
12/26/2012 1:58 PM
The group is always there, but they dont try to get anything pushed through till there is a shooting.

The NRA is out there 24/7 not only educating on American 2nd Amendment freedoms, but trying to make America safer with things like the "Eddie Eagle" safety programs.

They are a muti-facted grass roots group.

The other side is all about forcing a social agenda on America that it clearly doesn want.

They need to wait for a tragedy to try to trick people into following them!
12/26/2012 2:59 PM
Posted by jclarkbaker on 12/25/2012 10:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Smokewagon on 12/25/2012 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jclarkbaker on 12/24/2012 8:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Smokewagon on 12/23/2012 11:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jclarkbaker on 12/23/2012 2:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 12/23/2012 12:20:00 AM (view original):
Oh, and who's gonna pay for armed guards in every school?
I bet Bloomberg's body guards have armor piercing bullets.  But keep listening to the guys surrounded by armed security.

I will say it for about the third time:  there is plenty of ******* money in education.  Fire a useless administrator or 10, as they seem to multiply like rabbits, and hire someone useful.

Your statements indicate that you know Jack and **** about education.  And Jack left town. 
Are you kidding me?  You're right, I know nothing of eduction.  Being the son of two teachers, the nephew of another, the son in law of another, and the husband of another.

Education is the poster child for govt wasting money.  There is a ton of money in education.  Much of the waste is on personnel. 

Oh, and guess what?  1/3 of schools have already found enough money for armed guards:

"Nationwide, at least 23,000 schools — about one-third of all public schools — already had armed security on staff as of the most recent data, for the 2009-10 school year, and a number of states and districts that do not use them have begun discussing the idea in recent days."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/22/us/nra-calls-for-armed-guards-at-schools.html?_r=0

So, to all those who said the NRA was stupid with their comment about armed guards:  you're idiots.

And to those of you who say "who will pay" or "there is no money in eduction" to pay for armed guards:  you're idiots.

Here's what you wrote in your post:  "I am related to teachers, I support the NRA, and everyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot."
And I refuted your idiotic comment.  If you really want to have a discussion about how there is not enough money in education, bring it on.  As I have already indicated, 1/3 of schools have already found the money.  I can guarantee you the richest school districts are in the other 2/3rds, because of the parents are likely idiotic liberals who have a reflexive hate of guns.  So bring it on *******.
You refuted nothing.  No one "finds" money in education, something else gets cut, something heaped on someone else, or they hold a bake sale for it.  Teachers all over the country buy supplies for their classrooms, even in the "richest" and "(idiotic) liberal" districts. 

For someone who wants a discussion, you throw "idiot" and "*******" around a lot. 

12/26/2012 4:37 PM
For someone who wants a discussion, you throw "idiot" and "*******" around a lot. 

That's jclark's idea of a discussion, he spews his nonsense then attacks anyone who disagrees with him with slurs and curses.  For a guy who comes from a line of educators, he obviously didn't learn that his tactic is the sign of an intellectually bankrupt person.
12/26/2012 6:39 PM
<<Gun Lobby meant the people trying to ban guns.>>

Swamp...go to your Mall...ask people "Who is the gun lobby?"  Everyone that gives a definitive response will say "The NRA." I know you have trouble with the meanings of words, but for pete's sake, try a little harder.

Did you mean "the anti-gun lobby"? I gave you a chance to correct it, and you still can't get it right. Pathetic.
12/26/2012 6:56 PM
Fine. Anti-Gun lobby.

So quit playing with the semantics and answer the question.

Why is your side dormant until a shooting happens.

Why arnt you out there 24/7 trying to sell gun bans to America?
12/26/2012 7:10 PM
The question has been answered Peggy.
12/26/2012 7:38 PM
No actually it never was.

Sorry.

If you choose to evade the question because you cannot present a case for your actions then feel free to not answer it.

You guys usually ditch me when I ask the tough questions.
12/26/2012 9:45 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/26/2012 2:59:00 PM (view original):
The group is always there, but they dont try to get anything pushed through till there is a shooting.

The NRA is out there 24/7 not only educating on American 2nd Amendment freedoms, but trying to make America safer with things like the "Eddie Eagle" safety programs.

They are a muti-facted grass roots group.

The other side is all about forcing a social agenda on America that it clearly doesn want.

They need to wait for a tragedy to try to trick people into following them!

So if the majority of Americans want greater gun control, or even the elimination of guns......who would be forcing their agenda on who?
12/26/2012 10:21 PM
Swamp,

You will never find a post where I said to ban all guns. Sharpen up on the reading comprehension if you can.

Here is my list:

1. Semi-automatic weapons banned...no NEED for civilians to have them. If you have a fetish, seek psychiatric help.
2. Magazines that hold more than 8-10 rounds banned.  Again, no NEED for civilians to have them. If you can't hit your target with that many shots you are too dangerous to be using it in a combat situation. And if you are not in a combat situation then what is the rush?
3. Background checks and waiting periods for anyone wanting to buy a firearm sold by anyone. Nerf weapons are excepted. 30-Day waiting period.
4. Creation of a national database and registry. If you sell your gun, it has to pass through this process. If a weapon you purchased is used in the commission of a crime and you failed to report the resale, you will be charged with a felony. Or if your weapon is stolen. And you better have a gun safe. How about one that requires a thumbprint to open?

Any law-abiding citizen can still own a gun to hunt, for sport, for self-defense, or fight back against a tyrannical government. Let's make it harder for a nutcase to wipeout a kindergarten class. Will it eliminate all crime? Nope. But it will eliminate that particular crime. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Howling can begin in 3...2...1     Explain how your real life will be appreciably affected.
12/27/2012 12:45 AM
1 We have shown a need for farmers and hunters to have semi-autos. And how would you apply this to handguns?

2 Again I oppose all this but I can see where you are making a compromise here so ok. Can it go up to 20?

3 Instant checks are the way to go. I would have a real problem with a 30 day for all weapons.

4 I have a huge problem with this. Explain how this does anything other than facilitate weapons seizures. And gunsafes eliminate the possibility of home protection.

12/27/2012 2:03 AM
And I can still own this one right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_M82
12/27/2012 2:05 AM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...26 Next ▸
Connecticut shooting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.