Connecticut shooting Topic

And promptly made another spelling error. 

12/28/2012 6:34 PM
You are incapable of having a discussion about this issue.

Just answer one question...

What data do you have to support that a AG ban will reduce crime?
12/28/2012 8:20 PM
Posted by seamar_116 on 12/28/2012 12:39:00 PM (view original):
<<1 Farmers need semiautos to kill predators. Hunters need better weapons because they have a job and cant hunt for months at a time. Those are both needs.>>

Total bullshit.   Lewis and Clark managed and did not lose a single man except for the guy that died at the start of the trip from appendicitis.

<<Hunters need better weapons because they have a job and cant hunt for months at a time>>   Yeah, I want to hear a real hunter make this claim. This is laughable. So bow hunters are unemployed and/or idiots?

You were watching Jeremiah Johnson again, weren't you?  "Can you skin a bear, pilgrim?"

Can't hunt for months at a time....bwhahahahahahahahaha....my god, you can't make this **** up.
12/28/2012 10:21 PM
You cant. You need a little technology to make it happen. Scopes and better ammo and higher rates of fire.
12/29/2012 3:01 AM
worst thread ever.
12/29/2012 3:54 AM
TYVM
12/29/2012 6:15 AM
one day tag, mortars and howitzers allowed. maybe some air support
12/29/2012 11:33 AM
So lets get it back on track.

This goes out to any anti-gun type out there.

Is there ANY evidence to support the idea that an AG ban would reduce crime in America?
12/30/2012 2:32 AM
Can you show any evidence that giving everyone in America a gun will reduce crime?
12/30/2012 1:54 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/30/2012 2:32:00 AM (view original):
So lets get it back on track.

This goes out to any anti-gun type out there.

Is there ANY evidence to support the idea that an AG ban would reduce crime in America?
So let's get this back on truck and answer the effin' questions I directly have asked you twice.
1. You said <<1 We have shown a need for farmers and hunters to have semi-autos.>>
Now you say <<It isnt an issue of citizens having to prove the need for a right>>

You said the need has been shown. I am asking you what it is. You stated it...don't try and change your argument now.

2. <<1 Farmers live in a much more crowded enviroment and predators are more aggresive. Hunters want the coolest guns and they make hunting easier so you can still hunt and maintain a job>>  

Pretty much bullshit. Please support with some factual evidence. How are predators more aggressive? Hunters want the coolest guns? BFD. What are you, 12?   MAke hunting easier = "I don't have to be as skilled at what I do"  And what does hunting have to do with maintaining a job? Who are you, Jed Clampett?

3. I'm sorry, I thought we wanted to make sure that we kept the guns out of the hands of the people who shouldn't have them, so law abiding citizens could have them. Again 30-days? Seriously, you are now acting like you have the attention span of a 5-year old. I asked you some specific questions...give them a response: I've bolded them for your convenience.

Why in the world are instant checks the way to go? Do you not want a potential gun owner seriously vetted? I don't care if you have a problem, real or otherwise. What is so pressing that you can't wait 30 days? Your rage might wear off? You might start thinking rationally when you get back on the meds you stopped taking? What exactly IS the problem that can't wait thirty days?   I am sure your answer will provide entertaining reading for us all!

4. <<The image of the Manson clan kicking in my front door is something that always pops in my head.>>  I think the image of the Manson clan kicking in your door is something all of us imagine.
But seriously? Are you that paranoid? How do you function? What about the serial killer that lives down the street? Or the femme fatale you see at the bar? Or the vigilante hooker you call up from Craigslist? Or the young black kids that moved in across the street? Enraged Comcast customer? Random drive-by? Fender bender involving Suh?

12/30/2012 4:41 PM
1 and 2 Are you asking for iron clad irrefutable evidence that hunters and farmers NEED better weapons and there is no other way that they can survive without them? Of course I cannot provide that. Are you asking for a need that makes the farmers and hunters lives easier and better then I provided that. Easier to hunt. Easier to kill predators. And we have all seen the stories of increased activities of boars this year and for the last few years of predators being pushed out of traditional areas and attacking farms more. And I dont like the idea that farmers and hunters need to increase weapons skills to eliminate the need for technology. Do farmers really NEED tractors and fertilizers?

3 30 days. Really? What could POSSIBLY take 30 days?

4 Is there a question here? I admit that I feel safer with a weapon in my bedroom at night.

So I answered your questions...AGAIN.

So answer mine once.

Can you show any evidence that an AG ban would reduce crime in America?

I assume you will keep ignoring this, or blow it off as the rantings of a madman.
12/30/2012 7:02 PM
And I do want everyone to see the liberal mentality.

In order for you to keep a right you need to prove to the central government that you need it.
12/30/2012 7:03 PM
hey Swamp...where do rights come from?

Re: 1 and 2...I am responding to statements you made...yes, I am asking for evidence that farmers NEED the weapons you claim they NEED.

<<<<1 We have shown a need for farmers and hunters to have semi-autos.>>>>  You said this...I am asking you to provide the evidence that you said you have shown. I have not seen it.

How have farmers survived for thousands of years without these weapons? Stories of increased boar activity? Really? An urgent issue? Why are predators being pushed out of traditional areas?

But I'll tell you what. I will concede this point. Farmers can have a semi-automatic, because they "need" it. But no one else "needs" it. So it is banned to everyone else.

And yes...you do need to answer question #3 please. Your answer is non-responsive and is just something a five year old would say. "I want it and I want it now!" What is wrong with a 30-day waiting period to be sure that everyone is thoroughly vetted? Why are you opposed to that? Other pro-gun advocates seem okay with a thorough vetting and a longer waiting period.

What is an AG ban? No more attorneys-general?

And yes, your rants and raves do come across as that of a paranoid, nutcase....the very kind of person that I would not want living next door to me with weapons, secured or unsecured as you believe is appropriate.

I know you don't answer my questions, but I am going to ask you this anyway.

We are in a mall (not together). You are legally carrying. Someone starts shooting (not you). As I dive for cover you draw and fire at the first shooter, but you hit me. Should I have any legal recourse against you?

12/31/2012 2:34 AM
As long as I have a legal permit I should be able to defend myself. As long as I didnt act in a reckless or irresponsible way you should not be able to sue me.

There I answered you,

Now I want you to answer my question in as detailed a manner as you requested my answers.

Can you show any evidence that an Assualt Gun Ban (AG) would reduce crime in America.
12/31/2012 4:04 AM
So if you concede farmers can you also concede hunters on the same grounds?

And since you never asked All Americans need assualt style weapons to defend against government tyranny and intruders.
12/31/2012 4:05 AM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22...26 Next ▸
Connecticut shooting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.