Connecticut shooting Topic

Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/14/2013 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/9/2013 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/9/2013 9:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jclarkbaker on 1/8/2013 7:53:00 PM (view original):
I love the libs completely ignoring the actual problem.
Let me guess, we should allow more guns (less gun laws)....but we need to work on the mentally challenged more.

YES!

We need to allow more freedom for individuals to protect themsleves and less freedoms for dangerously mentally disturbed people!

Why does the left worry more about the rights of crazy people than law abiding gun owners??
We aren't you dumbass.  This isn't a this or that.  It's a package deal.  We need to seriously change the gun laws and we also need to seriously look at how we handle the mentally disturbed  in this country.

Why do we need to change the gun laws?

Can you show any independent evidence that gun restrictions reduce crime in America?
1/14/2013 3:39 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/14/2013 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/14/2013 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/9/2013 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/9/2013 9:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jclarkbaker on 1/8/2013 7:53:00 PM (view original):
I love the libs completely ignoring the actual problem.
Let me guess, we should allow more guns (less gun laws)....but we need to work on the mentally challenged more.

YES!

We need to allow more freedom for individuals to protect themsleves and less freedoms for dangerously mentally disturbed people!

Why does the left worry more about the rights of crazy people than law abiding gun owners??
We aren't you dumbass.  This isn't a this or that.  It's a package deal.  We need to seriously change the gun laws and we also need to seriously look at how we handle the mentally disturbed  in this country.

Why do we need to change the gun laws?

Can you show any independent evidence that gun restrictions reduce crime in America?
Can you prove that less gun laws produce less crime?  

It's a simple as less guns = less crime/harder to commit crimes with guns.  No, it won't stop crime/gun violence.  That's a given.  
1/14/2013 4:42 PM
I dont want to reduce the current gun laws.

You want to change the laws.

The left has made it clear that they want gun bans to reduce the threat of crime in America.

All I ask is for any proof that this will work...
1/14/2013 6:32 PM
This thread is 25 pages long, so I did not go back to read all the pages, but I seem to remember the libs freaking out about the NRA calling for more armed guards in schools.  And so did O today.

Comments?  Apologies?  Stuttering excuses?

1/16/2013 4:56 PM
He did it so that his call for more counselors at schools to reduce bullying (gun issue how) wouldnt look so crazy after the left claimed no money for guards!
1/16/2013 7:32 PM
The true purpose of the second amendment was to appease southerners that they would be able to defend themselves from their slaves. Perhaps the time has come to treat it like prohibition. Repeal anyone?
1/16/2013 8:05 PM
I know this last post will drive swampy over the edge.
1/16/2013 8:06 PM
Get a room!

On a side note, I'd love to sit at a table and throw back a few while you two discuss issues of my choosing.
1/16/2013 8:07 PM
The thing the left doest get is the 2nd Amendment isnt some NRA trick, its the will of the people.

We want our guns.

People may support the concept of gun control, but would never support gun seizures!
1/17/2013 12:29 AM
Posted by rcrusso on 1/16/2013 8:05:00 PM (view original):
The true purpose of the second amendment was to appease southerners that they would be able to defend themselves from their slaves. Perhaps the time has come to treat it like prohibition. Repeal anyone?
Hysterical. I know where you read that.
1/17/2013 9:10 PM
I guess the truth can only come from jclark approved sites, like Weasel zippers.
1/17/2013 9:32 PM
1/18/2013 11:31 AM
wow you guys have been going at it i see
1/18/2013 12:17 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/16/2013 7:32:00 PM (view original):
He did it so that his call for more counselors at schools to reduce bullying (gun issue how) wouldnt look so crazy after the left claimed no money for guards!
It is a gun issue because a majority of the stories I have seen about kids bringing guns to school (I am not talking about shootings, swamp) were to stop kids from bullying them. 
1/18/2013 12:49 PM

The real reason the Second Amendment was ratified, and why it says "State" instead of "Country" (the Framers knew the difference - see the 10th Amendment), was to preserve the slave patrol militias in the southern states, which was necessary to get Virginia's vote. Founders Patrick Henry, George Mason, and James Madison were totally clear on that . . . and we all should be too.

In the beginning, there were the militias. In the South, they were also called the "slave patrols," and they were regulated by the states.

[...]

And slave rebellions were keeping the slave patrols busy. By the time the Constitution was ratified, hundreds of substantial slave uprisings had occurred across the South. Blacks outnumbered whites in large areas, and the state militias were used to both prevent and to put down slave uprisings. As Dr. Bogus points out, slavery can only exist in the context of a police state, and the enforcement of that police state was the explicit job of the militias.

If the anti-slavery folks in the North had figured out a way to disband - or even move out of the state - those southern militias, the police state of the South would collapse. And, similarly, if the North were to invite into military service the slaves of the South, then they could be emancipated, which would collapse the institution of slavery, and the southern economic and social systems, altogether.

These two possibilities worried southerners like James Monroe, George Mason (who owned over 300 slaves) and the southern Christian evangelical, Patrick Henry (who opposed slavery on principle, but also opposed freeing slaves).

1/18/2013 2:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...23|24|25|26 Next ▸
Connecticut shooting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.