High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 1/15/2013 9:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/15/2013 8:49:00 PM (view original):

FWIW, I'm highly against conviscation of guns newly deemed illegal.   That's big ******* gov't going too far.

Well, that's why the previous assault weapon ban was ineffective.  

What's your alternative to get these out of the public space?
I don't really care if legally purchased firearms are in public space.

Time and time again, I've laid out scenarios where mass killings can be accomplished without AW.

If you don't want any more to be made or circulated, that's fine.  
1/16/2013 8:45 AM
If something is deemed to be illegal does it really matter if it was purchased legally before the law was enacted?
It is now deemed to be an illegal firearm, so why not round them up?
What is the harm in that?
1/16/2013 12:17 PM
Yes, it does.

If you don't understand the "harm in that", I'm not sure you live in a free country. 
1/16/2013 12:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2013 8:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/15/2013 10:35:00 PM (view original):
Frankly, the opinion of anyone who thinks the word "confiscation" has a v in it doesn't really matter that much to me.  People are acting like that would be a whole new type of government activity.  If the government forces people to sell them their assault weapons it's virtually the same as exercising the right of Eminent Domain on real estate.  There's mountains of precedent for that.  This thing is needed for government purposes, you can't have it anymore, but we will compensate you handsomely for it.  Been there, done that.
I'm hurt that you don't value my opinion due a misspelled word. 

If you want every weapon currently in one's hands registered, fine, I'm good with that.   If you want to impose ridiculously long prison sentences for having an unregistered firearm, cool, I'm good with that also.   If you want government round-ups of specific firearms that are newly illegal, nope, not having it. 

Returning legally purchased firearms to the government has no precedent.    Anyone who thinks it does is blatantly stupid.
Outline the difference between Eminent Domain used on real estate and government purchase of assault weapons?  Other than, of course, the fact that the person whose firearm is purchased doesn't become temporarily homeless and probably still has plenty of other legal guns, whereas the person whose property is purchased and seized now likely has no property and, if they don't act fast enough, nowhere to live.
1/16/2013 2:49 PM

My opinion doesn't matter to you because I misspelled a word.   Why would you want me to outline anything?  Why would I waste my time?

1/16/2013 3:07 PM
Does anyone remember Fast and Furious? 

Do we really want our gov't collecting guns? 

Would it be better to remove legal guns from circulation or lock up those who own illegal guns?
1/16/2013 3:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2013 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Does anyone remember Fast and Furious? 

Do we really want our gov't collecting guns? 

Would it be better to remove legal guns from circulation or lock up those who own illegal guns?
Fast and furious was just the government watching people legally buy guns and then hand them over to cartels. Since it was legal, there was nothing they could do to stop it.
1/16/2013 3:50 PM
Does that seem like a good idea?

Assuming you say "No", do you think the gov't is capable of good ideas when it comes to firearms?
1/16/2013 3:54 PM
The guns were being bought and turned over to cartels regardless of whether or not the ATF watched. The ATF didn't initiate the sales, provide the guns, or ask the gun runners to turn the guns over. The gun runners weren't working for the ATF. The ATF was just monitoring the activity.
1/16/2013 3:57 PM

What is the job of the ATF?

1/16/2013 4:10 PM
Enforce alcohol, tobacco, and firearm laws, which becomes difficult when it's legal to buy as many guns as you want and then immediately them to anyone you want.
1/16/2013 4:13 PM
So they were powerless to do anything?
1/16/2013 4:16 PM
If it's not illegal to buy guns and it's not illegal to resell them, what can you be arrested for?
1/16/2013 4:17 PM
Obama took one of my ideas, an idea that someone blasted me for. They are going to start arresting people who fail a background check.

Someone claimed this already goes on, but either you were wrong or Swamp and Obama are wrong.
1/16/2013 4:23 PM
Another reason to hate Obamacare.

Doctor's are now able to question everyone about the number of guns in thier home.
1/16/2013 4:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...30|31|32|33|34...54 Next ▸
High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.