High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 2/9/2013 8:50:00 AM (view original):
I think it's safe to assume that individual freedom won, in part, because you didn't have a bigger stump.
I appreciate your position and the fact that you are defending freedom.

Your just not understanding the way politics works.

We cannot win on the freedom vs safety issue.

We need to stand for no ban on its independent merits.

People need to see that an AW ban is a bad idea, not that it isnt a great idea.
2/9/2013 5:10 PM (edited)
Teachers with guns are the problem?

The next time there is an incident try to feel what you would be thinking if your kid was in there.

Think about how an armed teacher might save your kids life.

Law abiding gun owners are not the problem.

The problem is criminals and the time it takes police to respond.

Dude! You are reading a lot more into it then is there. It is just a friggin cartoon....not intended as social commentary!
2/10/2013 4:16 AM
I realize that it is a cartoon.

The cartoons are becoming one sided.

The ani-gun cartoons far outnumber the pro-2nd Amendment supporters on mainstream sites.

Its just a cartoon or hes just a comedian is becoming less valid.

There is a clear attempt to promote an agenda through comedy.

Bill Maher is a comedian...Can anyone call his show anything but left wing propoganda?

2/10/2013 1:26 PM
Yes.  It's not propaganda, it's comedy.  Left-wing humor.  Not the same thing.  He's getting less and less funny as he descends into total wackjobbery, though.  If I want to watch left-wing humor I'll stick to the Comedy Central guys.
2/10/2013 2:02 PM
This is a cartoon, right?

I recall quite the uproar.
2/10/2013 2:38 PM
Uproar because of the implication that it was racist.

No one mentioned the gun issue back then.
2/10/2013 3:03 PM
Not really the point.    No idea what russo posted but your responses indicate that he's said "It's just a cartoon."

It can't be "Just a cartoon" one day and a political statement the next.  They're cartoons or they're not. 
2/10/2013 3:07 PM
I MISS "THE FAR SIDE"!
2/10/2013 3:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/10/2013 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Not really the point.    No idea what russo posted but your responses indicate that he's said "It's just a cartoon."

It can't be "Just a cartoon" one day and a political statement the next.  They're cartoons or they're not. 
You nailed it right on the head.
2/10/2013 4:02 PM

Good old Mike. He has no idea what I posted because he "blocks" my posts. He does however know what swamp posts and in this case swamp posted a copy of my post. Hmmm...so Mike, should I give a crap what you block? You have the record for being blocked. I wonder why?
2/10/2013 4:35 PM

That's bullshit.  Political cartoons are both.  If you can't read that much nuance into things it's no wonder you take such stupid stances on things...
2/10/2013 8:37 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/10/2013 8:37:00 PM (view original):

That's bullshit.  Political cartoons are both.  If you can't read that much nuance into things it's no wonder you take such stupid stances on things...
You cant declare one cartoon is an outrage and the next one is "just a cartoon".

If a cartoon bothers me you cant dismiss it if I cannot dismiss yours.

And I never call for any sanctions against the cartoons. Just to point out a clear bias.
2/10/2013 10:49 PM
When did I declare any cartoon either an outrage or just a cartoon?  Certainly political cartoons are somewhere in between those 2 things.  That's not to say that a cartoon can't be either, but neither of the examples in this thread fall into those categories IMNSHO...  I would argue that the right-wing one is closer to crossing a line, but it didn't cross it from my perspective.  But in any case these cartoons aren't propaganda pieces, per se, which is all I claimed.  Neither cartoon was put forth by any official representative of a political party, and neither is meant to intentionally mislead or misinform the public.  As cartoons they are inherently expected to be taken as somewhat less than gospel, which really makes it a difficult medium for propaganda - not that it's never been attempted.

I suppose for some people maybe these political cartoons qualify as propaganda.  Personally, I wouldn't put anything into that category that isn't, to at least some degree, both official and intentionally misleading.
2/10/2013 11:23 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/10/2013 8:37:00 PM (view original):

In your opinion.

I can read nuance into plenty of things.   But, when a specific group is offended, it's no longer "just a cartoon".    However, if you're not offended, you'll still say "just a cartoon."    

It happens on both sides.   If you don't know this to be fact, you're dumber than I imagined. 
2/11/2013 10:54 AM
WARNING!!! The prior message has been posted by a phony A-Hole
2/11/2013 12:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...47|48|49|50|51...54 Next ▸
High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.