I hate that kind of 5H1T !! (full - waitlist) Topic

I will have a team ready by Sunday evening or Monday morning biglenr. Thanks. 
12/22/2012 8:11 PM
Just to make clear. If I am playing an opponent and I see he started a player with a 97% level...I win that whole series (even if it were a 4 game series against a division rival) ?  You can change the scores and/or outcomes of games as a commisionare ?

Pretty harsh.  Let me see if I can put a team that looks any good together.
12/23/2012 1:40 PM
Yes, i can get that done by submitting tickets. 

Similarly, if it's against a rival in the other league, a Home and Away would qualify as a series.

The key point is... Don't start fatigured players.
12/23/2012 5:38 PM
This is an intriguing concept.  I have two questions:
 1) What would you do about the early part of any WIS season when the first two starts of any starting pitcher below 175 cumulative innings in history will usually go down to 0 or 9 after starting in the first two series.  If the the other 2 or 3 pitchers also have as little as 200 innings, the algorithm will calculate as if each game will consist of just the starter.  I have seen it happen where my starter of game one doesn't get back to 95 percent (on 80 pitch count) for at least two turns through rotation.  That is until the calculation has a larger sample of other pitchers using their innings?

2) Are you sure that the box score reflects the starting stamina of player before the game and not the stamina after that game?  This has always been a point of contention and would question just how many plate appearances or batters affect the stamina for the start of the next game. 

Since you are talking about not allowing any starter in the lineup including the starting pitcher, I guess it would be possible to just have a starter work in set-up or as closer for a game at less than 100% percent.  Or to have a regular position player come off the bench to pinch hit after he was benched because he was less than 97%.
12/23/2012 6:39 PM
Count me in ...thnx and happy holiday!
12/23/2012 9:09 PM
Wildbillhagy -
- No allowances are made for first part of the season.  You need to use a spot starter.
- You are correct, somoene with fatigue below 98% can come in to a game as a RP or PH.  I call on owners to be honorable within the rules and with the PA and IP minimums to keep this occurrence rare and not part of their league strategy,.  I allowed this because we can't control what Sparky does at all times, and I don't want to punish an owner with a series loss because Sparky put in a tired pitcher in the 16th inning.
- Box score shows fatigue when put into game.  Otherwise, every pitcher would show as what they finished the game as instead of 100%

Welcome cellodave
12/24/2012 9:07 AM
I have put together a team and named it "UnGrizzly Ones."
12/24/2012 5:27 PM
I will give this a shot.
12/25/2012 11:22 PM
Welcome Bribar and eman_wi...

Will update main page later today, busy now.
12/26/2012 9:34 AM
I am entering my team momentarily....
12/26/2012 12:42 PM

Updated

12/27/2012 8:45 AM
I should have my team in within a half hour - The Northern New Jersey Yankees, playing in Yankee Stadium III
12/27/2012 11:07 AM
Since I helped construct this mess with my ideas, I might as well play in it...I'll havemy team in shortly.
12/27/2012 12:24 PM
Welcome frazz... Don't feel obligated, but I can definitely understand wanting to see how it plays out.
12/27/2012 3:14 PM
I'd like to join.  Thanks for putting this together.
12/27/2012 10:26 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
I hate that kind of 5H1T !! (full - waitlist) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.