Tim Raines HOF Topic

Borderline because he's been on the ballot for a few years and hasn't gotten to 50% yet.
12/20/2012 4:37 PM
when cocaine was rampant in baseball they didnt have to re write the record book -- when roids they did ---tells me how much each one respectively helped the players...
12/20/2012 4:37 PM
Having big muscles is different from getting your weak, tired *** to the ballpark to play a game. 

I suggest a couple of cycles of 'roids and then an ounce of coke when the 'roids are done.   Tell me which one made you feel better.

That will tell you a lot more than you know now.
12/20/2012 5:00 PM
Mike, cocaine makes you feel good, i get it.  But it doesn't mean it helps you play baseball better than "proper" steroid use does.
12/20/2012 5:05 PM
It also doesn't mean it doesn't.   

The simple fact of the matter is that no one knows how much cocaine helped Tim Raines play baseball.  I think we all agree that a stimulant will help.   I don't think anyone understands that injected 'roids does nothing if you don't put in the work. 

Either way, testifying that you slid headfirst so you didn't break your coke vial is pretty damning evidence that Raines felt he "needed" coke to get thru a game.
12/20/2012 5:11 PM
Steroid use does NOT help you play baseball.  Steroid use plus a shitload of exercise and weightlifting might help.  I could cycle steroids for a week, and with my deskbound, computer-based job, I wouldn't be any better at baseball.

If you have talent, but no muscles, steroids plus work will help you do a few baseball things better (hitting for distance, stamina)

If you have talent, but no energy, cocaine will perk you up to the point where you can do baseball things you might be too tired to do otherwise.
12/20/2012 5:22 PM
Does anyone really give a **** that Raines used coke?
12/20/2012 5:26 PM
You mean other than the voters who refuse to vote for him?

Don't know.  But those people don't have HOF votes.
12/20/2012 5:39 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/20/2012 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Considering the number of sanctimonious ********* who are campaigning against Bonds for using a non-addictive PED vs. an addictive drug, yeah, there should be some people who give a **** that Raines PUBLICLY ADMITTED to using coke in the dugout.
12/20/2012 5:55 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 12/20/2012 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/20/2012 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Considering the number of sanctimonious ********* who are campaigning against Bonds for using a non-addictive PED vs. an addictive drug, yeah, there should be some people who give a **** that Raines PUBLICLY ADMITTED to using coke in the dugout.
Does the fact that coke is addictive make some sort of difference?
12/20/2012 6:11 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
And I'm not going to count BigKahuna.  He does steroids AND coke.
12/20/2012 6:19 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 12/20/2012 6:18:00 PM (view original):

Yeah, it does.  You must not have kids or watch the news.  How many steroid users rob liquor stores or how many steroid dealers shoot each other?  How much crime in inner cities is based on steroid dealing?

Considering that baseball is supposed our National Pasttime, and a bunch of stupid old sportswriters are possibly going to induct a COKEHEAD into the Hall of Fame....  yeah, it matters.

I have a 6 year old boy. But the idea that coke being addictive make Raines less worthy of the hall doesn't make much sense.

12/20/2012 6:39 PM
Why glamorize and reward someone who did illegal drugs IN THE DUGOUT during a game?  Especially when it's illegal drugs that are dangerous and addictive...

Put it this way, which would you rather have: your son doing steroids (maybe he's asthmatic) or your son doing cocaine?

What types of heroes should the "national pasttime" be honoring?  Pete Rose isn't in because he GAMBLED.  Joe Jackson isn't in because he took money from gamblers.  Barry Bonds (probably) won't make it in because he took steroids (which enabled him to break records).

Tim Raines did coke.  In the dugout.  During the game.  He brought it onto the field.  And he's the worst ballplayer in the bunch. 

Does that seem right?

One of these guys might get into the HOF.
12/20/2012 6:51 PM
Gambling is much worse (and therefore carries a much stiffer penalty) than drug use.

Hank Aaron (and literally thousands of other major leaguers) did illegal drugs in the clubhouse.

Tim Raines performance (just like Bonds and Clemens) merits inclusion in the Hall. Your selective outrage is amusing.
12/20/2012 7:21 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Tim Raines HOF Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.