Alphabet Soup Rookie Progressive (New) 7 in !!! Topic

yargespd1 signed up for "S" in the Theme League Classifieds thread yesterday
'
I signed up for "W" in that same thread yesterday
1/6/2013 10:50 AM
Another idea is that teams can "bank" money saved towards next seasons cap

eg. First season payroll is 88 Million -- would have (rounding up to the closest 10) a cap of $110M for Season 2 etc.

This would help teams that don't have a lot of payroll in a particular year.
1/6/2013 6:06 PM
I like your original idea just the way it is.  It forces a person to strike balance on their roster rather than load up on every star player they can find.  That's why I agree that if you have to cut a player to fit in under the salary cap that is an appropriate penalty.  Hopefully, it will make people think when they assemble their rosters.  From my early attempts at roster building it is challenging for the first year or two.  The real challenge is preparing for the increase in player salaries that will occur rather rapidly.  So far, I have enjoyed trying to build a roster that will yield long term results.
1/6/2013 6:21 PM
true -- I'm just looking at some nuances where some teams might have trouble fielding a team -- I think there will be some exceptions -- but stuff can always be put out to a vote of members (eg. need catching PA etc).
1/6/2013 10:03 PM
◂ Prev 12
Alphabet Soup Rookie Progressive (New) 7 in !!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.