If you think a young earth is likely, you are dumb Topic

That is all.
12/27/2012 10:11 AM
No, this isn't childish at all. *rolls eyes*

Seriously, bad luck, I agree with you on several issues but the minute I disagree with you then you have to turn it into this? Come on.

12/27/2012 10:26 AM
Anton's redlining in the other thread so I wanted to give you a place to list all the scientific arguments for a young earth.

I'll start you off:

1. There aren't any. Just people like Hovind who distort and mislead in an attempt to make the evidence support their theory.
12/27/2012 10:36 AM
I'm not even going to bother for two reasons:

First, you're not open minded to hearing any evidence anyway. You've already dismissed it out of hand and will only continue to do so, which means there is no point in listing it for you to consider because you won't consider it anyway.

Second, and more importantly, you're not going to convince me to ignore all of the scientific evidence that does exist for a young earth model simply because more people believe in an old earth model. I see the evidence for BOTH and will continue to remain neutral on the subject. I've read a great deal about both theories and unless some NEW scientific evidence or breakthrough occurs to show me some reason to side one way or the other, I will not be changing my mind and doing so in either direction. So here again, there is no point to argue the merits of your side as you will not be able to convince me to join you.

12/27/2012 10:50 AM
There is no evidence for a young earth. You already struck out with your carbon argument.
12/27/2012 10:52 AM
lol@bad_luck

Not only are you continuing to engage with a user that is doing nothing more than hoping you'll engage him in nonsense, you're starting threads to make it happen.

12/27/2012 11:16 AM
I already listed MANY pieces of evidence in the other thread. The carbon argument still holds up, as do all the others.

I'm not wasting time with anything more.

As for MikeT23, you are the user who engages in arguments for the sake of arguing. I actually believe the things I say.

12/27/2012 11:23 AM
The first and second laws of thermodynamics. 

Not sure what that has to do with the age of the earth.
The fact that carbon-14 should break down to virtually nothing past a certain point in terms of dates and yet it is difficult to find carbon without carbon-14, which with an old earth model should be virtually non-existent much of the time.

dahs already covered this. Carbon 14 is produced in the atmosphere. Not sure why you would think it would be non-existent.
The fossil record shows many strata of rock which are thought to be formed over "millions of years" can actually form quite quickly. Sometimes there are fossils, including petrified trees, which span straight through several layers indicating they may have formed quite suddenly.

Can you explain this further?

12/27/2012 11:40 AM
You're not paying attention. I'm not going to debate this further for the reasons I already listed. It's over.
12/27/2012 11:49 AM
So you're "hiding in the hills?"

No rational person would argue that a young earth is as likely as an old one.
12/27/2012 12:02 PM
Next topic of discussion:

Bistiza will tell us why he believes water is not wet.

Ready . . . GO!
12/27/2012 12:11 PM
Gravity is just a theory. It is equally likely that aliens have covered the atmosphere in saran wrap and have vacuum locked us to the ground. I'm 100% neutral but scientists have been wrong before.
12/27/2012 12:13 PM
Posted by bistiza on 12/27/2012 11:49:00 AM (view original):
You're not paying attention. I'm not going to debate this further for the reasons I already listed. It's over.
So you don't want this land anymore?  How's the view from your hills?
12/27/2012 12:53 PM
Congrats.

You beat up another person who DARED speak of issues that you have declared "forbidden Knowledge".

The protectors of thought came down from the mountain and beat the heretic with the branch of knowledge.

12/27/2012 7:21 PM
So you don't want this land anymore?  How's the view from your hills?

I've never been fighting to take the land to begin with. I've been saying I can see how  both sides have claim to the land, while all of you are claiming you are the undisputed holders of the land even though others clearly have claim to disagree.

I don't care about your silly need to "prove" the old earth theory right. All it shows me is that you are not open minded at all, which is sad.
12/28/2012 9:28 AM
12345 Next ▸
If you think a young earth is likely, you are dumb Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.